I just bought a Blackberry Playbook, I have been a long time blackberry guy, ever since my first blackberry 8703e. I finally decided to buy one because I was very tried on having to carry around my laptop, including now my satchel is filled with my two year olds toys. The one thing I dislike is the accuweather preloaded app, that I cannot delete. By holding the app, until it starts to pulse, other apps have little garbage containers under them, but not the accuweather one. I live in Canada, and I find the weather eye app is the best for what I need it for. Can someone please tell me how to delete the accuweather app from the Blackberry Playbook?
    07-18-11 10:26 AM
    can't be done.
    07-18-11 10:45 AM
    press and hold it, u will see delete option
    07-18-11 11:05 AM
    press and hold it, u will see delete option
    Unfortunately, AccuWeather cannot be deleted. The "trash can" that usually appears under icons when you press and hold them doesn't appear for AccuWeather. It is built into the OS at this time like Documents2Go is and cannot be deleted.
    OmegaCrunch likes this.
    07-18-11 11:13 AM
    Unfortunately, AccuWeather cannot be deleted. The "trash can" that usually appears under icons when you press and hold them doesn't appear for AccuWeather. It is built into the OS at this time like Documents2Go is and cannot be deleted.
    That's weak sauce. The WeatherEye app is much easier to use and has way more info. AccuWeather does look pretty sweet though, I'll give it that!
    07-18-11 01:42 PM
    I tried the other weather apps but the integrated AccuWeather provided enough info for me to not need another one installed.
    07-18-11 01:47 PM
    I personally like it/no issues that I don't see the point of downloading the WeatherEye app. It's good too, used it when I had the iPad.
    07-18-11 01:49 PM
    Just wondering what is the need to delete it OP?
    Do you need more spaces?
    Hopefully, in the near future, we can modify/delete native apps (like to do shrink when installing BB OS). But I guess not for now.
    PS: even when we can delete shortcuts like Twitter etc, it prompted to update and it's there. LOL
    DC506 likes this.
    07-18-11 02:34 PM
    I personally like it/no issues that I don't see the point of downloading the WeatherEye app. It's good too, used it when I had the iPad.
    Plus the WeatherEye app has ads! BLECH!!!!!
    07-18-11 02:36 PM
    Hopefully, in the near future, we can modify/delete native apps (like to do shrink when installing BB OS). But I guess not for now.
    PS: even when we can delete shortcuts like Twitter etc, it prompted to update and it's there. LOL
    That's on my ever-growing "wish-list" for the PlayBook. Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be getting much--if any--of it!
    07-18-11 03:48 PM
    Thank you everyone for your help! I have always used the Weather Eye App every since my Tour and I just do not like the Accuweather App that much. I am wanting to delete the Accuweather App, because it is pointless right now to have it, when I am not using it. Right now, I am very happy with my Playbook. I just wish they had a movie site to go to that we can stream and watch movies (Netflix, Shaw VOD, or even buy movies). But I really do love how the Playbook is so easy and portable. Thanks again everyone for your help to my original question!
    07-19-11 08:54 AM
    Thank you everyone for your help! I have always used the Weather Eye App every since my Tour and I just do not like the Accuweather App that much. I am wanting to delete the Accuweather App, because it is pointless right now to have it, when I am not using it. Right now, I am very happy with my Playbook. I just wish they had a movie site to go to that we can stream and watch movies (Netflix, Shaw VOD, or even buy movies). But I really do love how the Playbook is so easy and portable. Thanks again everyone for your help to my original question!
    What about Amazon? You can stream movie rentals from Amazon at some pretty cheap prices sometimes! All right from the web. I haven't tried it on the PlayBook myself. Anyone give it a go?
    07-19-11 09:16 AM
    +1 on Amazon. I have a Prime membership so I have access to their free streaming service. It does not have the same quantity of titles available as Netflix but for free it's not bad and streaming HD looks great on the PB!
    07-19-11 09:22 AM
    What about Amazon? You can stream movie rentals from Amazon at some pretty cheap prices sometimes! All right from the web. I haven't tried it on the PlayBook myself. Anyone give it a go?
    I live in Canada, so I do not think Amazon is an option. But I will give it a try. In Canada I have signed up for Shaw VOD, in which you can watch movies online, but I cannot watch them on my Playbook, and I also have Netflix, but also, I am not able to watch it on the Playbook. My wife bought an iPad2 (Traitor, Ha!) and she keeps telling me how she can watch all these movies.... I am trying to find something so I can try to get here to revert back to her Blackberry roots.
    07-20-11 11:55 AM
    I have come across a problem on my wife's PlayBook. Her Accuweather has been stuck on November 12, 2011. I also shows the message under Accuweather.com...No network connection. Anybody else have this problem and how do you fix it?

Also, was this about the time of our last OS update?
    01-07-12 10:41 AM
    Problem solved! I went into the pull down menu and eliminated our City, then reinstalled it and when it came back on after picking our location, it worked perfectly.

Thanks self.
    01-07-12 11:32 AM
    I live in Canada, so I do not think Amazon is an option. But I will give it a try. In Canada I have signed up for Shaw VOD, in which you can watch movies online, but I cannot watch them on my Playbook, and I also have Netflix, but also, I am not able to watch it on the Playbook. My wife bought an iPad2 (Traitor, Ha!) and she keeps telling me how she can watch all these movies.... I am trying to find something so I can try to get here to revert back to her Blackberry roots.
    You can watch Shaw VOD on your PlayBook by opening a web browser then entering Shaw VOD this way. Once you are on their login page enter your info and away you go. I have tried it and it works fine.
    08-23-12 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD