If there is already a thread addressing this, them I'm sorry for repeating, but I haven't seen one as of yet.

I was wondering how much data does the Playbook use up? I should be getting mine in about 2 weeks, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

I ask because I don't have the internet until next month, so I'll mostly be relying on tethering to my Playbook.

So is it as compressed as a Blackberry, as little as a smartphone or as much as a computer?
    04-25-11 02:01 PM
    Should be identical to web usage on any PC.
    04-25-11 02:03 PM
    I would say visiting full websites and having flash video, etc, means it's definitely more data hungry than a smartphone. How much IDK, but it'll be more.
    in regards to tethering - it really depends on how much your surfing the web or watching videos. It can definately chew up alot of data depending on use.

Unfortunately theres no way to tell other than you to monitor your own usage.
    Well, I would naturally watch my usage, but I wanted to know what the people that actually have their Playbooks observed so far in terms of usage.

Thanks for the replys so far though, it's pretty much along the line of what I'm thinking as well. =)
    04-25-11 02:06 PM
    No need to worry with unlimited data
    04-25-11 02:29 PM
    No need to worry with unlimited data
    Yeah, not much of that left in Canada =P
    04-25-11 02:30 PM
    Unlimited data - canada - next century.
    04-25-11 02:40 PM
    Unlimited data - canada - next century.
    Umm..it's here.

WIND, Mobilicity offers unlimited data.
    04-25-11 02:44 PM
    My billing cycle starts on the 15th of the month, and with my PB tethered and a 6gb data plan, I have used a whopping 387mb of data since getting the pb last tuesday. now that is phone use and tethering, and "light to moderate" usage on the pb
    04-25-11 02:44 PM
    Umm..it's here.

WIND, Mobilicity offers unlimited data.
    With limited coverage. Mobilicity coverage ends 5 min from my store.
    04-25-11 02:48 PM
    My billing cycle starts on the 15th of the month, and with my PB tethered and a 6gb data plan, I have used a whopping 387mb of data since getting the pb last tuesday. now that is phone use and tethering, and "light to moderate" usage on the pb
    Thanks for the info =)

@Panzergruppe: More like last century actually. Used to exist before the Belus HSPA network came out. =s

@narci: Ok, now give me unlimited data in all of Canada and not just a few select cities. Yeah, that's what I thought. Not to be mean, but it's not available everywhere and it's pretty restricted and people really need to realize this.
    04-25-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD