Heya guys....so I was thinking to format my playbook because is has slowed down...so then I remembered that if I format all my angry birds progress and modern combat 3 progress will go off....is there a way to backup the saved progress
    01-20-13 06:48 AM
    All your game results should automatically be saved in Application Data. When you do your backup, use Custom rather than All. You will get three categories 1. Media, 2. Settings 3. Application Data.
    If you have trouble backing up Application Data, like I had for several months, make sure your computer has all the updated files from Microsoft installed from their Update Site. Make sure all Critical as well as Optional Files are updated. Reboot the PC. Also downloaded the latest version of DM from RIM. After this you should be good to go. I did all this last weekend and all my game results are still there, I just checked.
    01-20-13 08:35 AM
    There have also been suggestions to turn off wifi while trying to use the Desktop software to back up. I personally think you are better off using Windows Explorer and a usb cable or wifi sharing to MANUALLY backup your media and docs and all of your FILES.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-20-13 09:40 AM
    There have also been suggestions to turn off wifi while trying to use the Desktop software to back up. I personally think you are better off using Windows Explorer and a usb cable or wifi sharing to MANUALLY backup your media and docs and all of your FILES.
    I agree for media and documents, but i don't know if you can backup game status and application settings that way.
    01-20-13 10:50 PM
    All your game results should automatically be saved in Application Data. When you do your backup, use Custom rather than All. You will get three categories 1. Media, 2. Settings 3. Application Data.
    If you have trouble backing up Application Data, like I had for several months, make sure your computer has all the updated files from Microsoft installed from their Update Site. Make sure all Critical as well as Optional Files are updated. Reboot the PC. Also downloaded the latest version of DM from RIM. After this you should be good to go. I did all this last weekend and all my game results are still there, I just checked.
    So will it work with some of my sideloaded bars like angry birds space...
    01-21-13 08:26 AM
    That's find for files and media, but that won't backup any apps or app data, such as game progress. Using Desktop Manager will backup apps and app data.
    Yes, it should do.
    01-21-13 09:17 AM
    I agree for media and documents, but i don't know if you can backup game status and application settings that way.
    You are right - those aspects of the pb, settings, apps, etc need to be backed up using the Desktop Software.

Android sideloaded apps canNOT be backed up using the Desktop Software. You will lose game progress, etc. The apps, obviously, you have the original bar files elsewhere.
    01-21-13 09:26 AM
    You are right - those aspects of the pb, settings, apps, etc need to be backed up using the Desktop Software.

Android sideloaded apps canNOT be backed up using the Desktop Software. You will lose game progress, etc. The apps, obviously, you have the original bar files elsewhere.
    EVEN the native side loaded apps cant be backed up ????
    01-21-13 10:38 AM
    So instead of buying it in appworld you are pirating it?
    01-21-13 10:56 AM
    EVEN the native side loaded apps cant be backed up ????
    That I don't know. Sideloading is a separate method of installing apps. I guess you can try an experiment. But, again, if you loaded a BAR file yourself, you should still have that bar file in some archive, or, at least, you should.
    01-21-13 11:00 AM