Ok i was looking for a way to do this and wow i did not know the PB had this option as i downloaded pictures of wallpaper for my PB on my PC and i don't like having to hook it up to the USB cable each and every time, plus if i am out with my laptop and my pb and download pictures or songs to either one and i don't usually carry my USB cable around....... this option is BEST.

Here is HOW to do it.....

How to copy files to and from a BlackBerry PlayBook using Wi-Fi Sharing Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Now it does not tell you that when you see the Media Folder on the PC or Laptop you need to enter your networks name and password to access the Media Folder..... well user name by default on the playbook is actually playbook so simple right and the password is the password you made to make the wifi file sharing protected on the PB.

If you have any questions on this or issus please ask away and i am sure i or others can help you.

Mods Please Sticky this thread as i am not sure why one was never done before on this topic.
    Bad Whippet likes this.
    02-02-13 02:56 PM
    Now it does not tell you that when you see the Media Folder on the PC or Laptop you need to enter your networks name and password to access the Media Folder..... [/B]
    This is not true. Plus, as far as stickies are concerned, this is probably covered under newbie tips and tricks.
    02-02-13 04:18 PM
    This is not true. Plus, as far as stickies are concerned, this is probably covered under newbie tips and tricks.
    I mean't in the info on how to do it, it does not state that info i mentioned about logging into the media folder to gain access.

Maybe it is under newbie tips and tricks and maybe it is not, bu either way it should be a separate sticky on this issue.
    02-02-13 04:25 PM
    You should not need to log into the media folder. You click on it and your in. Simple.
    02-02-13 04:38 PM
    You should not need to log into the media folder. You click on it and your in. Simple.
    Oh yes you do as i password protected it as the PB suggest you do so when sharing over wifi, but sure if u feel comfortable with no password thats fine by me.
    02-02-13 06:00 PM
    I haveto log on if the pb or computer have rebooted or maybe after some longish time with userid and password. but again not all the time.
    Last edited by F2; 02-04-13 at 12:08 AM.
    02-03-13 10:44 AM
    I haveto log on if the pbor couter have rebooted or maybe after some longish time with userid and password. but agaun not all the time.
    True i never stated all the time, but only when you first login in, the article does not say anything about this nor does bb website with same info on how to.do this, so i just wanted ppl to know and what the name and password would be, cause a lot of ppl will be like what the heck is it and try their pc login info if they have one
    02-03-13 05:57 PM
    The same issue tripped me up too when connecting for the first time. Transpires I was using the wrong name for usernam' (not merely 'playbook') and so my PC was failing to connect to it.
    02-03-13 06:20 PM