I've got two PBs (a 16 GB and a 64 GB) and am relatively happy with them.

Because I still have thoughts about buying a second 64 GB PB, I look to see what's available in my area and online.

Not much is. Of the four largest (or among the largest) office/consumer electronic stores in my Southern California area (Staples, Office Depot, OfficeMax, and BestBuy), none are carrying any of the PBs online. I haven't seen any at my local RadioShack or Staples in months.

Has RIM given up (in the USA) on the current non-4G models of the PB?

If RIM introduces one or more 4G versions of the 4G version of the PB in the USA, does RIM expect to sell many at a profit?

Does RIM have upgraded non-4G versions of the PB or one or more other tablets in the pipeline? (As far as hardware is concerned, I believe the PB holds up very well against the new 7" tablets recently introduced by Google, Amazon, B&N. Other than RAM (which at 1 GB isn't bad) and hardware that handles streaming video better, I'm not sure that the PB has many hardware areas that I would have on my wish-list for upgrading.)

With minor hardware and software (better office apps and other apps, the ability to handle more video streaming formats (e.g. WMP files, Silverlight files), the PB would be supersede the newest 7" tablets, for my wants and needs.

However, I have doubts that RIM is committed to improving both 4G and non-4G versions of the PB, so that the PB can seriously stay in the fight.
    10-05-12 01:50 PM
    I expect a new tablet around Summer 2013 with beefed up specs.

Still don't know if I want a 7" or 10"
    10-05-12 02:08 PM
    I think they are just set on getting BB10 out first,then another tablet.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-05-12 02:32 PM
    Its obvious that the PB has moved to the very back burner......I would expect that after the initial launch of the BB10 handhelds they will get BB10 working on the PB and we'll eventually see some new tabs.
    10-05-12 02:34 PM
    It's BB10 all or nothing. The 4G tablets are not receiving that much support right know. Everyone waiting to see what BB10 is going to give us. There still will be a need for the wifi only version, not everyone wants to pay for an extra data plan. Those shared data plans are a joke. I believe that there is a chance of getting a wifi only playbook with the same specs as the 4G model with the success of BB10.
    10-05-12 05:17 PM