Hi All,

First time poster here, I don't use the Playbook for much other than filling in forms when out of the office so dont really know my way around it.

I wanted to download the Pocketmags app so my son can get a football (soccer) magazine but when Pocketmags.com directs to app world the content settings are locked to G for General items suitable for all ages. This is fine as I wouldnt want him accessing unsuitable content, Cricket mags for instance , but all the options are 'greyed' out and the content lock is 'on'. I read on the forum to do a security wipe, which I did last night after backing up the Playbook to PC (I'd never done that either so was worthwhile finding out how to do it) but upon restoring everything this morning and downloading th latest OS updates the lock is still on and requesting a four digit passcode. To be honest I never remembered setting up a password in th first place, just assumed I had and forgotten it (although I olny have a couple of passwords for general stuff anyway) so thought a security wipe would do the trick. It's not end of the world as he can read it on a laptop or desktop but it's just annoying me that I can't get the content settings to work for a password I don't actually think I've ever set. I only paid for one issue of the magazine to see if it would work and how it would look on the Playbook and my son doesn't know about it as it was going to be a treat for passing his swimming exam/test.

Apologies for 'War & Peace' above but any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    03-13-13 08:46 AM
    Did you try seeing if the content was password protected after doing the security wipe but BEFORE restoring from your backup? I suspect that if you restored your settings from your backup, you just loaded your password back onto your PB. You can do a selected backup- backing up apps, settings and media separately, and then restore only your apps and media. ,
    03-13-13 02:43 PM
    Ah! Good thinking, that makes sense, will give it a go and post results here.

I really don't recall ever setting a pass code (even if I did it would only be one of two paswwords I use for general stuff) so still not sure why the PB is requesting one.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Steve
    03-13-13 05:15 PM
    Have you gone to the sight on your laptop/computer & see if there are help links and or contact links and ask the app provider to assist? Might get what you need.
    03-13-13 05:16 PM