Guys,

When I fired up my Playbook few weeks ago, I was using my private phone.
    Some time later I switched over to the company blackberry (for this one I had to create new blackberry id).
    For most purposes there is no difference, the bridge swapped easily, I got my mail and calendar BUT I cannot change my blackberry ID.

Anyone know how to change it in playbook?

thx.
    08-29-11 03:45 PM
    Think you have to wipe back to factory, same as google id on an android phone.
    08-29-11 03:48 PM
    Login to your BB ID

Click on Account Details

EDIT Details

Change your username (email address)

Then on your phone go into App World -> MyWorld and logout then back in with the new ID

On your PlayBook it will be automatic after a little while. You might want to do a hard restart.
    bgriff25 likes this.
    08-29-11 03:51 PM
    From what I understand you HAVE to do a secure wipe and re setup the playbook. I went through a similar experience a few weeks ago and this was the only option listed by blackberry.
    08-29-11 04:58 PM
    From what I understand you HAVE to do a secure wipe and re setup the playbook. I went through a similar experience a few weeks ago and this was the only option listed by blackberry.
    That is NOT true. Look at my post above. I've done this twice already and no problems.
    08-30-11 05:59 AM
    I have something weird happening on my new 8910. I logged into the BBID link and changed my email but then when I use the new login in app world, it cannot connect to the app world server. If I change it back then it works again. BB7 with the newest app world are a bit different than before, you can't really 'log out' and 'log back into' app world.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
    09-26-11 12:31 PM
    I have something weird happening on my new 8910. I logged into the BBID link and changed my email but then when I use the new login in app world, it cannot connect to the app world server. If I change it back then it works again. BB7 with the newest app world are a bit different than before, you can't really 'log out' and 'log back into' app world.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
    I think that I read in other threads that it can sometimes take an hour or more before the change is reflected in the actual log-on data. Try again in a while.
    09-26-11 02:52 PM
    I tried it again about 2 or 3 hours ago but it is still not able to connect. I did receive an email about 30 mins after changing that said it had been changed but it's still not working in app world.
    09-27-11 11:10 AM
    guys i have a bold 9790 and my bro has 9900 ,somehow while taking back up and restore our blackberry id's have become common in both,so the problem which is coming is that if he sets up email on his bb it comes on mine and i have to delete his to set up mine,which in turns deletes email from his cellphone
    i tried changing blackberry id from options-device ...but it changes the details on his account too
    i am really struggling and need urgent solution to it

would really appreciate
    01-11-12 01:53 AM
    Just went through this this week. Went from BB to I Phone and then back to BB. When I left BB, my ID became invalid along with my BB email account even though it was still registered on the PB. I had to set everything up on the phone as new. My PB still was associated with the old ID. Per BB,because I already set up the new ID on the 9930, I had to do a security wipe on the PB. Wasn't a big deal at all.
    01-11-12 07:42 AM
    guys i have a bold 9790 and my bro has 9900 ,somehow while taking back up and restore our blackberry id's have become common in both,so the problem which is coming is that if he sets up email on his bb it comes on mine and i have to delete his to set up mine,which in turns deletes email from his cellphone
    i tried changing blackberry id from options-device ...but it changes the details on his account too
    i am really struggling and need urgent solution to it

would really appreciate
    Either you or your brother have to create a new BlackberryID. The purchased apps will stay with the old BlackBerryID.

You will probably have to make sure you backup your BBM contacts to a sd card and then restore them. Not sure if you will be able to restore these contacts if you have a new BlackBerryID.
    jdc46 likes this.
    01-11-12 08:04 AM
    I changed my blackberry email online first and then signed in on my phone with the new email address. I did the same on my playbook and it would not change the email to my new one until I purchased an app....when I purchased the app, I had to sign in and that's when I signed in under the new email address. It worked!!! (make sure you change your account payment info too....even though I was not changing my credit card info, I went through the motions with the new email address as well)

Good Luck!!!
    01-20-12 02:27 PM
    Just went through this this week. Went from BB to I Phone and then back to BB. When I left BB, my ID became invalid along with my BB email account even though it was still registered on the PB. I had to set everything up on the phone as new. My PB still was associated with the old ID. Per BB,because I already set up the new ID on the 9930, I had to do a security wipe on the PB. Wasn't a big deal at all.
    This makes no sense to me. Your bb I.d is.just to log into app world. App world has no idea that you switched devoices moreless switched brands. Matter of fact when you switch your sim to a different BB you just put in your old Id. All your notices will be going to the pin associated with the id.
    03-15-12 04:44 PM
    Appworld records your last associated pin for both PB and BB phones. When you sign in on a new pin for either it asks if you want to switch pins to the new one.

However they don't become invalid... You just have to migrate it.
    03-15-12 04:48 PM
    Alright guys, can you tell me if I have this right?

When I created my BB ID a few years ago, I used my work email address as my BB ID username. Now that I am considering changing employer and the email address will become generally defunct, is there any reason I cannot continue to use it as my BB ID?

I cannot see why it would not continue to function as the BB ID - BB does not sent any mail to the address? And it would be highly inconvenient to do a complete wipe on my PB.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers
    06-01-12 02:31 AM
    Alright guys, can you tell me if I have this right?

When I created my BB ID a few years ago, I used my work email address as my BB ID username. Now that I am considering changing employer and the email address will become generally defunct, is there any reason I cannot continue to use it as my BB ID?

I cannot see why it would not continue to function as the BB ID - BB does not sent any mail to the address? And it would be highly inconvenient to do a complete wipe on my PB.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Cheers
    You can easily change the BBID username (i.e. the email that is used with the BBID). You will have to goto the Blackberry homepage and migrate to the BBID link. You will have to log in with your existing BBID username (email), and then you will have options to change your BBID username (i.e. use a different email address).

For the ones who might be confused here it is-
    The BBID username (email address you use to log into the app world, sign onto your devices) is DIFFERENT from the BBID itself. Don't confuse the two.

If you need a new BBID on a device you will have to do a security wipe (there is no other way around it), if you just want to change the BBID username (again- your email address) that can be done as I have explained above.

Also a word of advice (for everyone), if you have the BBID username as your carrier.net email, change it right now into yahoo, gmail, etc. Because if you lose or your BBID gets hacked, RIM will only send you the password recovery to the email address associated with the BBID (i.e. email account)---- but the email will never come to your phone.
    In other words- you can only access your carrier.net email via the phone, not over the net via a website and thus you will be stuck as you will not get the email for recovering your password from RIM. There is a way around it, hopefully you won't have to go insane doing it (if you do need the work around ping me I will walk you through)

Good luck!!
    Last edited by anindoc; 06-01-12 at 07:53 AM.
    06-01-12 07:50 AM
    You can easily change the BBID username (i.e. the email that is used with the BBID). You will have to goto the Blackberry homepage and migrate to the BBID link. You will have to log in with your existing BBID username (email), and then you will have options to change your BBID username (i.e. use a different email address).
    You can also change the email address associated with the BBID using edit BBID function in the PlayBooks settings screen. Keep in mind that the email cannot be associated with another BBID and it will send a confirmation email to the new email, so it should be a valid email that you can check.
    06-01-12 09:44 AM
    Login to your BB ID

Click on Account Details

EDIT Details

Change your username (email address)

Then on your phone go into App World -> MyWorld and logout then back in with the new ID

On your PlayBook it will be automatic after a little while. You might want to do a hard restart.
    maybe im being really stupid and blond here but for the life of me i cannot find the "logout" feature?
    using a bold 9900
    01-31-13 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD