I have sideloaded a .BAR file to the Playbook and upon first opening it asked for a few permissions. Generally, I minimize what permissions I allow.

I do want the internet permissions on to access online content. I did not originally select the permission and as it is a sideload Android app I cannot change permissions in the PB settings.

I have tried uninstalling the app directly from the PB, I have also tried uninstalling using DDPB Installer. And in every instance when I re-install the option to select permissions does not come up.

Any ideas how I can grant permissions?
    05-14-14 07:02 PM
    Settings--->security--->application permissions
    05-15-14 01:03 AM
    Settings--->security--->application permissions
    It is a side-loaded Android app and they don't show up here.
    jbhq likes this.
    05-15-14 09:59 AM
    What's the app? Maybe try uninstalling it, and then removing any remnants left over after the uninstall. Look in the Misc folder for anything that may be related to the app.
    05-15-14 10:09 AM
    What's the app? Maybe try uninstalling it, and then removing any remnants left over after the uninstall. Look in the Misc folder for anything that may be related to the app.
    I have tried in installing with DDPB and on the PlayBook itself with no luck so their must be remnants somewhere.

I will try looking in the misc folder.
    05-15-14 06:09 PM
    How do I access misc folder?
    05-17-14 10:29 PM
    You can't change permissions of Android apps.
    05-17-14 10:31 PM
    You can't change permissions of Android apps.
    I want to erase all remnants of the app so I can re-install and be asked permissions again.

Any ideas?

I tried deleting directly on PB and also using DDPB, but when I reinstall no permissions are requested but Internet access is denied.

The first install asked for Internet permission and it was denied and I don't seem to be able to get back to this point.
    05-17-14 10:40 PM
    The Misc folder is on the same level as the Playbook media files, and can be accessed with any file manager that can access the Playbook's file system- Ghost Commander is one. Anyhow, what is the app your having problems with? I am having problems recreating what you've described. I just sideloaded a number of android apps, and I was never asked to allow permissions and they all required some sort of access. However, when installing android apps from App World, all of these apps prompted me for permissions. So, are you sure that you originally sideloaded the app?
    05-18-14 12:00 AM
    I dont recall the specific name of the app but it was for WWE (wrestling). I was giving away an extra playbook and was loading the app for the person who likes the WWE as I knew they have it on their ipod.

I gave them the PB today and don't have it on me so I can check it right now but I will look into Ghost Commander although this is foreign to me.

I might try installing it on my PB and see what happens, I will take a screen shot. I am almost certain it was an Android app as I do not think it is available thru BB World!
    05-18-14 12:30 AM
    . I am almost certain it was an Android app as I do not think it is available thru BB World!
    There are many android apps available in app world. Ghost Commander is an android app and is in app world. There are also a few native apps that are not available in app world and must be sideloaded.
    05-18-14 12:43 AM
    Unfortunately, some apps, not all, will never show Permissions Screen again. You can Delete or UNinstall them and it will not change. Somewhere in the bowels of the Playbook somethings gets switched on or off, completely closing out access to that app's permissions. I don't fully recall which two apps that happened with but it was NOT just a sideloaded app. I had to WIPE the Playbook and then I could reinstall and as installation was occurring, the Permissions screen did show up again. (not pointing fingers but I *THINK* one of them may have been Kalemsoft, quite more than a year ago, that's why I don't fully recall).
    05-25-14 12:41 PM