Hi Guys,
    Is there any app which I can use for recording my playbook activities/screen. I have a samsung TV (via HDMI) and I could also record from the monitor if I had any way to do it. I'm not talking about screen capture, it's screen capture with video.

Any ideas ???
    02-27-12 06:09 PM
    This is a rather old thread, so maybe things have changed because of OS 2 and Android apps, but if not then apparently you cannot record your PlayBook screen. However, depending on what your needs, there are a few pretty good suggestions in that thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-652475/
    02-27-12 06:16 PM
    HDMI recorders exist, but they're expensive and overkill for this.

A video camera pointed at the screen is likely your simplest and most cost effective option.
    02-27-12 06:28 PM
    One of the suggestions from the thread I linked to was to hook it up to your TV and record it with a DVD recorder. Now I haven't tried it, and do not know if this would work or what have you, but it seems like a worthy shot.

Also mentioned was if it was to display your app then to use a computer (emulator and screen record), or use a camera but with a blue tooth keyboard and mouse.

None of those are my ideas (but if they work feel free to credit me, but if they don't its the other posters' idea! ). Seriously though, there were some ideas of work arounds that you may want to try. Also mentioned was that RIM needed to make an app to do that, it cannot be a third party. Again, I don't know if it is true... I am just the messenger!
    Last edited by BerryClever; 02-27-12 at 06:53 PM. Reason: my emoticon showed up as :P... and for some reason it bugged me.
    02-27-12 06:46 PM
    Is there any app to do that? Native or android?
    08-28-13 12:55 PM
    Need another Playbook.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    08-29-13 06:16 PM
    You mean like pressing the + and - volume buttons at the same time?
    08-29-13 06:28 PM
    You guys can use VNC
    08-29-13 07:24 PM
    Going to the link provided by BerryClever had a suggestion provided by ChiefBroski of "Or connect the hdmi out to tv and record the image on the tv with the PB if you can secure the PB."

I think what he was suggesting was doing the following:

If you have a micro to hdmi cable you can link to a tv or monitor and record the Playbook's screen with the Playbook's camera.

First, connect up the Playbook to tv or monitor and have your Playbook's screen active on it. Then open your Video Camera and use the back camera. Keep it aimed at the tv or monitor (it will show the infinitely diminishing screens thing while the Video Camera is the Active screen on the Playbook). Begin Video Recording. Then sweep left to right to activate/open whatever apps, pictures, browsing you want to record. When done go back to the Video Camera and End recording.

When you go to your Videos area and check the result it'll likely be a bit jittery and a bit off-screen at times because of holding the Playbook. I suppose having it in some sort of stand would solve those issues nicely as it could be properly aimed at the tv/monitor and kept still while recording.

ps you will get brief infinite screens at the start and end of your screen capture videos. Just think of them as the Playbook's equivalent of those number countdown images that old films often had at the beginning
    bunky1971 and FF22 like this.
    08-31-13 07:32 PM
    Found this year and a half old post by Pacoman03 on another thread called "Can PB camera record screen?"

"You could put the PB in mirror mode, connect it to an HD TV via HDMI, point the rear facing camera at the TV (a stand here would certainly help to stabilize things), open the camera app, start recording video, and then minimize the camera app- it'll keep on recording minimized."

Same answer but briefer and easier to follow than my post.

Have to learn to trim down my posts. Remembering the expression, "It's the economy, stupid", might help.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-01-13 01:20 PM
    And better LONG than not at all. So, I still applaud your first effort.
    09-01-13 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD