That the Blackberry Playbook, which is made by a Canadian company, has no app for the TD Bank.

I can get the app on my Bold 9900 - but I thought it would be nice to get it on a bit bigger screen. But it says it's not available on the Playbook. I suppose I can put a link on the desktop but it would be nice to have an actual app.
    03-14-13 11:27 AM
    I have the feeling that the playbook is going to fade away. Expect a new tablet I think. Not many companies go out of thier way to support older hardware.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-14-13 11:43 AM
    Not many companies fell from grace like Nokia or RIM.....can't **** on your loyal customers when you are scraping the barrel with two products AND you forgot bridge functionality with them 2 products with one still to launch. PB10 SHOULD come before Q10...business customers would not be so so forgiving and multi thousands contracts could walk without bridge....burning corporate bridges forever.
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    03-14-13 02:01 PM
    Not many companies fell from grace like Nokia or RIM.....can't **** on your loyal customers when you are scraping the barrel with two products AND you forgot bridge functionality with them 2 products with one still to launch. PB10 SHOULD come before Q10...business customers would not be so so forgiving and multi thousands contracts could walk without bridge....burning corporate bridges forever.
    You noticed that fact as well did you? That's what happens when you sit back and are so busy congratulating yourself for being in the top 3, you relax and stop watching the competition!

This always results in something creeping up behind you and biting you in the ***!
    03-14-13 02:59 PM
    just bookmark the page to your browser homescreen...
    03-14-13 03:39 PM
    I know it's ridiculous, I don't think Rona has a playbook app either, or Canadian tire, or loblaws. What are rim doing all day if not making apps for third parties!!
    03-14-13 03:51 PM
    I know it's ridiculous, I don't think Rona has a playbook app either, or Canadian tire, or loblaws. What are rim doing all day if not making apps for third parties!!
    Building and tweeking 10 for Z,Q and PB, it's their only 3 products in shelflife. The others are gone by the wayside...
    03-14-13 04:01 PM
    Expending all available resources to the massive task of getting things sorted out. This takes time and resources as you first have to create numerous project teams, each with a project manager who is empowered to report all the findings of the numerous meetings required to solve the problem and then report back to his manager, who is empowered to report his findings to his manager, who is empowered to make the decision as to weather or not he should tell a senior manager. All this takes time you know and is a complex process.

Pour a brandy, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride fellow forum member.
    Enyigma likes this.
    03-14-13 04:04 PM
    Expending all available resources to the massive task of getting things sorted out. This takes time and resources as you first have to create numerous project teams, each with a project manager who is empowered to report all the findings of the numerous meetings required to solve the problem and then report back to his manager, who is empowered to report his findings to his manager, who is empowered to make the decision as to weather or not he should tell a senior manager. All this takes time you know and is a complex process.

Pour a brandy, sit back, relax and enjoy the ride fellow forum member.
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah, Just make the dam apps, we're not attempting to go to mars, you don't need all available resources and 27 managers managing 27 teams, just make the frigging apps, No wonder business's fail so often, so much BS. One guy with half a smoke in his mouth and meatball stain on his tshirt could do it. Soooo much BS in the corp world. Yes, I'm MAD.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-14-13 05:28 PM
    Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah, Just make the dam apps, we're not attempting to go to mars, you don't need all available resources and 27 managers managing 27 teams, just make the frigging apps, No wonder business's fail so often, so much BS. One guy with half a smoke in his mouth and meatball stain on his tshirt could do it. Soooo much BS in the corp world. Yes, I'm MAD.
    Welcome to the real world my fellow forum member. It isn't right but that's the way it is unfortunately. I always made it a rule to refuse to attend a meeting without at least one manager in that meeting having the seniority to say yes there and then. Otherwise it's just a bunch of dudes sat around a table jawing.

God I've been watching too many John Wayne films, but you know what I mean.
    03-14-13 05:37 PM
    Don't know what you want in a Loblaws app, but there is the President's Choice Recipes app available.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    03-14-13 07:07 PM
    That the Blackberry Playbook, which is made by a Canadian company, has no app for the TD Bank.

I can get the app on my Bold 9900 - but I thought it would be nice to get it on a bit bigger screen. But it says it's not available on the Playbook. I suppose I can put a link on the desktop but it would be nice to have an actual app.
    That bank must HATE Canada. I would switch immediately ...

Seriously, tho, to those blaming BlackBerry. TD Bank made the other app, it's kinda up to them. BlackBerry gave you the browser to access their site.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-14-13 07:42 PM
    This is the scenario where there's a will, there's a way... no will, no way...

Posted via Z10
    03-14-13 09:10 PM
    People. I really don't understand all the bickering of apps and such when like has been said a hundred times in forums that the html5 works great if not better most times.

https://w.tdgroup.com/wireless/servl...=N&MARKUP=HTML

Juat load this into ur browser and save to desktop. Done. And works exactly the same as app. What's the prob here...

And this goes for a lot of apps. No real need for using up precious memory space for an app when lots of them just point u to their mobile site anyway.

That with the ability to side load droid is all that's needed for this user. I have over 150 apps (combination of droid, html5 self created, and native) and I get all I need. Yes. True. Is there a couple more I wish for. Yes. Like social feeds back for example. But for most part. I'm very full and a happy camper. Even the native Facebook app doesn't bother me as if you just go to m.facebook.com then save to home screen. U have th best of both worlds. A native app for notifications. And an app that is a full version of FB with all its capabilities along with the ability to sort ur news feeds to which ever way u like, and by doing so automatically changes the native app news feeds to suit.

Anyway. I'll stop rambling now lol

Posted from the best phone ever my Z10
    03-15-13 11:26 AM
    sarcasm doesn't transmit well on the net, or there is a lack of humour on this site.

I cannot imagine apple writes the apps for companies, it is TD's responsibility to make the app, if you have a beef. go talk to them.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 11:53 AM
    sarcasm doesn't transmit well on the net, or there is a lack of humour on this site.

I cannot imagine apple writes the apps for companies, it is TD's responsibility to make the app, if you have a beef. go talk to them.
    Lack of humour my good man how dare you suggest that. I must admit that I do like his stable of horse less carriages that he displays in his Avitar. I'm almost envious. He doesn't have my cellar though so we're even I suppose.

I do however struggle with the last bit, 'Posted from the best phone ever my Z10'

Mmmmmmmm, can't see that happening in the near future.
    03-15-13 01:43 PM
    Lack of humour my good man how dare you suggest that. I must admit that I do like his stable of horse less carriages that he displays in his Avitar. I'm almost envious. He doesn't have my cellar though so we're even I suppose.

I do however struggle with the last bit, 'Posted from the best phone ever my Z10'

Mmmmmmmm, can't see that happening in the near future.
    Lol. Well. For one I'm confused on the sarcasm post. Was that directed at me? And another. You must have a wicked cellar hehe. And for another, my posted from signature is in MY opinion lol. Altho I have had all the major phones and used extensively and find this is my fav by far.

sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 02:08 PM
    Lol. Well. For one I'm confused on the sarcasm post. Was that directed at me? And another. You must have a wicked cellar hehe. And for another, my posted from signature is in MY opinion lol. Altho I have had all the major phones and used extensively and find this is my fav by far.

The cellar is sufficient thank you for asking. I didn't understand the sarcasm comment either but then I'm thick so there you go.

Just a few things:

Do you like brandy?
    Do you like pasties?
    Do you have a case for your Z10?

All replies please in words of less than one syllable if possible. Please enclose pictures please as I can't read yet.
    03-15-13 02:19 PM