1 0.83%
  • Maybe one or two scratches

17 14.05%
  • No scratches

99 81.82%
11-16-12 10:49 PM
93 1234
tools
    The PlayBook does not use Gorilla Glass I'm fairly sure.

Had mine since Day 1...not a scratch.

I love my PlayBook and my PlayBook loves me
    Correct. My Lenovo Think Tab does have Gorilla Glass and it does have scratches.
    10-24-12 03:50 PM
    Lol i still use the original screen protector(yes, with the fingers; i tried to buy new ones, but they didn't cover the bezell; a 10' in the stores is expensive...) and it's pretty damaged lol

What would happen if it was on the screen? :O

- Probably nothing, according to you guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Thats awesome that you still use the one with the fingers lol
    10-24-12 04:10 PM
    Just go out and buy a stylus and all the above talk is moot.
    10-24-12 05:06 PM
    Almost a year old.....purchased the BlackBerry convertible case....not a visible scratch yet!!!! Very durable, whatever kind of glass this is.
    10-24-12 07:53 PM
    Okay I have just peeled the screen protector off. Hope this goes as planned.
    10-24-12 11:12 PM
    I have had no screen protector since last year November, almost a full year and have no scratches on my screen.

Its pretty tough.
    10-24-12 11:30 PM
    Heres to hoping the blackberry 10 phones have a screen made out of this material as well.
    dglx3d likes this.
    10-25-12 01:46 AM
    My PB went NEW from the box to an Otterbox...needless to say it looks brand new!!!
    10-25-12 09:36 AM
    Obviously, many folks have had no issues with their screens. But it just takes one bad incident and the screen is marred.

I don't know the surface material and how it compares with other screens but I recall that awful sound a number of years ago as I dragged my stylus (hard tips back then) across my Palm Pilot. I have to guess it was a tiny piece of grit that adhered or got caught between the stylus and the glass - a 3/4 inch scratch. It can happen but generally does not happen often. I protect my screens with protectors. My phones, my kindle, my tomtom and my pb's!

I also wear a helmet when bicycling - when does the "world" pre-announce an accident.
    10-25-12 10:10 AM
    I use mine moderately and keep it in the magnetic flip case. 2 small scratches in the screen that aren't noticeable unless the background is white; not sure how I got them. I've also dropped it on the corner which cracked the rear housing and chipped off some rubber coating, but it still works fine. I am a bit of a butterfingers klutz.
    10-25-12 10:33 AM
    Thanks for having this thread, really. Removed my matte screen protector (on since day 1 during purchase) and I am amazed at the sharpness and color of this awesome baby! Screen protector doesn't do justice to the glass. I hope I realized this earlier!
    10-25-12 10:56 AM
    Have had mine for nearly a year now, and I have scratches on the screen, been naked since day 1, other then the journal case I have it in when i travel with it.
    10-25-12 12:11 PM
    life is too short for screen protectors
    10-25-12 12:42 PM
    PlayBook since day 1. Constant use. No scratches
    10-25-12 12:50 PM
    Not one scratch on my pb and I never used a screen protector.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-25-12 12:57 PM
    Obviously, many folks have had no issues with their screens. But it just takes one bad incident and the screen is marred.

I don't know the surface material and how it compares with other screens but I recall that awful sound a number of years ago as I dragged my stylus (hard tips back then) across my Palm Pilot. I have to guess it was a tiny piece of grit that adhered or got caught between the stylus and the glass - a 3/4 inch scratch. It can happen but generally does not happen often. I protect my screens with protectors. My phones, my kindle, my tomtom and my pb's!

I also wear a helmet when bicycling - when does the "world" pre-announce an accident.
    Thats exactly what im afraid of. I have never dropped it yet but watch now ill drop it face down and say i should have never taken it off
    10-25-12 01:03 PM
    Been naked since launch day. Not a scratch on it. Use it every day with the journal case. I even clean it by just spaying some windex on a paper napkin and wipe it down.
    10-25-12 03:27 PM
    My fat fingers hit the wrong circle. I actually have no scratches at all on my Playbook, front or back. I never use a screen protector on any phone or tablet, and I have only had one scratch on a phone screen (from a key--clumsy me). I keep my Playbook in a leather sleeve when not in use. I am either holding it in my hands, or it is in the rapid charger base. I just like the feel of the naked Playbook.
    I clean it with eyeglass cleaner and a soft cloth.
    10-25-12 05:46 PM
    I also kept the original "fingers" protector - just used my fingernail to scratch off the fingers and arrows.

I tend to use protectors on all my gadgets with screens, well touchscreens anyways. I don't have one on my Kindle keyboard, though - tried one, but it introduced glare and as it's not touchscreen the need isn't really there. I mainly use them for the grit scenario.
    10-25-12 06:11 PM
    I also kept the original "fingers" protector - just used my fingernail to scratch off the fingers and arrows.
    Lol nice, but i don't usually have fingernails, because i bite them off ^^

I ordered a pack of 6 protector and 2 stylus pens from amazon for only 6 :O Impressed!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-28-12 05:27 AM
    Lol nice, but i don't usually have fingernails, because i bite them off
    Get that special lady in your life to do it for you, then...
    10-28-12 11:16 AM
    I don't use a screen protector on my Bold (or a case for that matter) or my Playbook and don't have any scratches on the glass of either. And both get tossed around like rag dolls.

as a side note there is nothing worse than a bubbly marred up screen protector. If you're going to use one at LEAST keep it as pristine as a naked screen. Otherwise what's the point?
    10-28-12 07:08 PM
    I wouldn't take the screen protector off if I were you. I have used the Otterbox case for it since it came out for the Playbook. Until I receved the Otterbox I babied it. The Otterbox molding has become a rubbery mess so I decided to purchase a screen protector and go naked (the Playbook that is). It certainly is a different feel and I do like it a lot. However, I think I would kick myself if I ever got a scratch on it without a screen protector. It is essentially the same feel, so why take the chance?
    10-28-12 09:08 PM
    Get that special lady in your life to do it for you, then...
    I like those in my back not digging into my devices
    10-28-12 09:37 PM
    I wouldn't take the screen protector off if I were you. I have used the O
    tterbox case for it since it came out for the Playbook. Until I receved the Otterbox I babied it. The Otterbox molding has become a rubbery mess so I decided to purchase a screen protector and go naked (the Playbook that is). It certainly is a different feel and I do like it a lot. However, I think I would kick myself if I ever got a scratch on it without a screen protector. It is essentially the same feel, so why take the chance?
    I have already taken it off based on the results of the poll. Its not like a phone where its going in pockets with keys and whatnot. Its either in my hand or in a case.
    10-28-12 09:39 PM
93 1234