• A few Scratches

3 2.48%
  • Very Few scratches

1 0.83%
  • Maybe one or two scratches

17 14.05%
  • No scratches

99 81.82%
    Had mine since about a week after launch and it is pretty much flawless. I take it EVERYWHERE with me in a CaseMate Pop case that doesn't have a front cover. I am careful with it but not overly worried. It's usually in my hand, under an arm or in a pocket.
    10-24-12 01:14 AM
    Amy has fallen three times (one of them was a pretty bad fall) but so far only two tiny scratches that can only be seen if you hold the device in a very particular way and against the right light.

I don't recommend unprotected screens though. I tempt fate all the time here...
    10-24-12 01:22 AM
    Amy has fallen three times (one of them was a pretty bad fall) but so far only two tiny scratches that can only be seen if you hold the device in a very particular way and against the right light.

I don't recommend unprotected screens though. I tempt fate all the time here...
    She sounds like a tough girl
    10-24-12 01:25 AM
    2months,indoor and outdoor use,no screen protection or flip cover/case,although I use the included sleeve when I pop it in my bag. Zero scratching or marking on either screen or sides/rear. I am very impressed by the build quality.
    10-24-12 02:45 AM
    got mine since the beginning of the year, in most cases i used it daily and even took it wih me while traveling....
    i have no single scratch, but well i watch out for my devices. If im not using it and im carrying it arround its in the my neopren case or my keyboard case...
    10-24-12 03:11 AM
    Lol i still use the original screen protector(yes, with the fingers; i tried to buy new ones, but they didn't cover the bezell; a 10' in the stores is expensive...) and it's pretty damaged lol

What would happen if it was on the screen? :O

- Probably nothing, according to you guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 03:27 AM
    I keep mine in a case for carrying around and no screen protector during use, so it can't get scratched by items in bags etc.
    10-24-12 04:27 AM
    I have never used a screen protector and have yet to get any scratches. I always keep it in the pouch thing that it came with when I'm not using it, which seems to keep the screen protected well.
    10-24-12 04:45 AM
    The one and only day I took my PB out w/o its pouch ... damm ... it felt on concrete when I went out of my car ... screen first. I was ... thought the glass will break like [you know what].
    Nope, two noticeable scratch bottom left. Noticeable when screen black, but not that bad when screen on.
    Nice build, solid. Me stupid though.
    10-24-12 05:09 AM
    Not a single scratch on mine.

It seems my 9900 bought all the scratches in stock and left none for my Playbook.
    10-24-12 05:42 AM
    Mine is used daily and my 8 year old son who is tough on everything uses it everyday as well. Not a single scratch on the screen. I do not use a screen protector. I keep it in a convertible case when I take it out to protect it when throwing it in my purse. The glass is extremely durable.
    10-24-12 05:48 AM
    After a year of daily use mine looks like the day I got it. I use a flip case when lugging it around . Never really noticed any bad smearing either.
    10-24-12 06:26 AM
    10 months old here and the screen has been "naked" since day one - no scratches.
    10-24-12 07:08 AM
    Got mine launch day April 19th 2011 and I use my playbook daily for at least an hour or 2 and not a single scratch and I don't use a screen protector. The only bothersome for me is after awhile, you have to give the screen a good cleaning to get rid of all the oils from your fingers and then the screen is dry and it's hard to scroll for a bit lol. Other than that, rock solid glass
    10-24-12 07:14 AM
    Yes there were people digging keys into the playbook screen when it first came out to show us how scratch resistant. Yes a lot of us including me have had a screen protector on since new. I am considering taking mine off for the remainder of the life of my playbook to fully enjoy it. But only if it does not come with a price.

For those that have never had a screen protector on their playbook and had it for at least a few months, how are the scratches on the screen:
    I have two PB's a 16g when they first came out and my 64g this past january,never used a screen protect on either one didn't like the way it looked. I use a otterbox on the 64g only for work, at home out of case and neither PB has any scratches on them. I am very surprised how resistant the PB is to scratches.
    10-24-12 07:26 AM
    I've had mine since launch, use it every day and don't have a single scratch on the screen
    10-24-12 07:47 AM
    Three devices here, between 1 and 1.5 years old, fairly heavily used including by a young child. Only one has any mark on it, and that was one my wife scratched with her diamond ring some time shortly after we got it (in the bezel region, fortunately).

I'm beginning to suspect that diamonds are about the only way actually to damage the glass on these...
    10-24-12 07:47 AM
    The screen is fairly scratch resistant but I have two in mine but I don't use a protector or case. I use it everyday and inside and out since launch week and managed to drop it on the pavement once giving it a small scuff on the corner (not noticeable really) also. I think the scratches happened when being in a bag after sand or something got into the neoprene case. They are small (2) but somewhat deep as my fingernail can catch in the groove. It has stood up pretty well and what small damage there was when dropped was less than I thought there ought to be.
    10-24-12 08:06 AM
    Screen has been naked since day 1 and not a scratch.
    10-24-12 08:09 AM
    Been a few weeks since I got my PB and been using it daily but no scratches and the only blemishes are fingerprints.
    10-24-12 11:17 AM
    I've had mine for well over a year and my PB is completely scratch free, front and back. I've not been kind to it either, although not abusive. I use mine mainly as a work tool, making PPT and video presentations at least twice a week all over North America and Europe. If it's lucky it travels in my work case safely enclosed in its leather envelope, but more than likely it's in my coat pocket. The issue I have is with fingerprints, although they're no worse than my partner's iPad2. I keep 2 micro fibre cloths with me, one of which has been dowsed with a healthy dose of lens cleaner fluid which I keep in a zip lock, this seems to help.
    10-24-12 12:14 PM
    off topic: crackberry needs to change the default font, I can't read properly the titles unless I open the topic.

example instead of "How Bad Are Scratches On The Screen For Those Who have Not Used Screen Protector" I read : "How Bad Are Soratohes On The Soreen For Those Who have Not Used Soreen Proteotor"
    10-24-12 12:41 PM
    off topic: crackberry needs to change the default font, I can't read properly the titles unless I open the topic.

example instead of "How Bad Are Scratches On The Screen For Those Who have Not Used Screen Protector" I read : "How Bad Are Soratohes On The Soreen For Those Who have Not Used Soreen Proteotor"
    I didnt see that LOL
    10-24-12 01:10 PM
    This is an interesting topic...... Had 2 playbooks for a year + now.... Never once has the naked screen been touched....but i do notice a difference in feel on the unprotected ones ive used in the stores etc. so ive always wondered if I should take the chance and remove the Ghost Armour.........
    10-24-12 01:33 PM
    I always carry my phones in a leather belt pouch. The only abuse is the occasional drop. No scratches.
    10-24-12 01:52 PM
93 1234