Hi all,

I'm going to be exchanging my PB tomorrow in store due to some dust/dirt under the screen. I tried to ignore it but it's annoying me - reluctant to exchange it for something this small since apart from this, it's a flawless unit.

I wondered how I can go about backing up my files and game progress, or even if it's possible, and the best way to do it.

Thanks for your help
    01-27-12 09:34 AM
    Best way is just to use Desktop Manager to do a full backup of your Playbook.

Once you get your new one, and get it set up (location, language, date, time, BB ID, etc), just connect it using USB to your PC and restore your full backup onto your new Playbook.

You'll get everything where they were. kindly note that in some cases though, there are some apps whose settings data are not captured by the backup, in which case, you have to repeat setup for those apps. Since I don't really play games on mine a lot, I'm not sure if saved game progress for your games will be included. At any rate, I'm assuming you'd be more concerned with your documents and installed applications.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to post if you have questions/clarifications, or if you encounter difficulties performing a full backup.
    Last edited by aj.bb.fanatic; 01-27-12 at 10:10 AM.
    01-27-12 10:08 AM
    Thanks very much, will do a backup later. I had guessed it was that simple but wanted to check.
    apg300 likes this.
    01-27-12 10:54 AM
    Thanks very much, will do a backup later. I had guessed it was that simple but wanted to check.
    Cloud Service for PLAYBOOK BACKUP ----> 10 GB of Free disk space Upload files up 2 GB
    Unlimited Downloads and Transfers - No Throttle, Resume Upload, Drag and drop file, and Android APK that work on the Playbook
    The best Cloud based service I've ever seen.

After I send a copy of my PB backup in the cloud for safety
    01-27-12 11:25 AM
    I ended up upgrading to a 64gb model from 16gb today, I can really see this being a media hub after 2.0 drops for me.

Seems like I've got a solid screen this time, and the back of the unit is almost perfectly flat. I expect I'll get the leather case soon too.

I'll load the back up in a bit..
    blue-b likes this.
    01-28-12 01:42 PM
    Congratulations on the upgrade!
    I agree, the huge storage can accommodate considerable media (photos, videos, audio) on your playbook, on top of your documents.
    If you're planning on getting a leather case, you may want to check out Incipio.
    Thanks to phoreoneone's thread about huge discounts on Incipio cases, you may be able to take advantage for your new 64gb Playbook.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...hlight=incipio

Lastly, restoring your full backup onto your new Playbook (despite the larger capacity of the new one over your previous) should be fairly problem free for you.

Enjoy your new, upgraded Playbook!!
    Jonny-R likes this.
    01-28-12 02:46 PM
    The restore went fine, it even restores your game progress (I did get quite addicted to NFS!)

Thanks for the further advice on cases, I will check it out.

Jonny.
    apg300 likes this.
    01-28-12 04:13 PM
    Glad your restore went well. Yeah, NFS can be quite addicting. It's also good to know that the game progress was also restored.
    Regarding the cases, just be sure to hit "thanks" on phoreoneone's post.
    Hope you get a good deal on the cases.
    01-29-12 02:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD