Hi all,
    I tried dragging and dropping some small docs to my PB and can't get it to work. The only way I can seem to do it is to e-mail them to myself.Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Also, when I get the docs to the PB how can I create a folder to organize them in?
    Thanks
    Gary
    Last edited by algae; 06-07-11 at 06:17 AM.
    06-07-11 06:12 AM
    I have used both the usb cord and wifi-sharing to copy word/excel files to the PB's Documents folder. I have further created subfolders in that folder called Excel, Docs, PDF's, Powerpoint, etc where I placed those respective type files. Make sure they have the correct file extensions... xxx.doc. yyy.pdf. xxx.whatever
    06-07-11 08:56 AM
    Sometimes you have to reboot for the PlayBook to see files copied to it. Maybe they fixed this in the latest update.
    06-07-11 08:59 AM
    To clarify, you are not using BB Desktop....just drap and drop from "My Computer" correct? When I plug the BB into my computer using the USB cord, I don't see the PB Documents folder at all. All I get is a folder called "Drivers".
    G.
    06-07-11 11:54 AM
    The best method is to simply use the Wi-Fi sharing

see link here - half way down for tutorial

BlackBerry Playbook 101 | CrackBerry.com

or you can get Bluebox in the App Store and set up a Dropbox (Dropbox.com)
    account to store and retrieve from the cloud if you like. All free of course up to 2GB.
    06-07-11 11:59 AM
    I think Doc on the Go could use a good update at this point too - the spread sheet app is a bit rough but you can be productive with it.
    Being that RIM bought them and it is a "business" tablet - there should be more effort in the Office Suite in my opinion
    06-07-11 12:01 PM
    I did install the Desktop Manager program for my desktop - which may have installed the proper drivers. The pb shows up a bit differently - it will be drive z: by default, I believe and in Windows, it does not show up in the SafelyRemove tasktray icon.
    06-07-11 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD