^ Until a fix is pushed in the next OS update (assuming RIM is aware of the issue), at least we can safely browse, d/l, stream etc...knowing that the PB will default to the BB's wifi instead of 3G/mobile connection when bridged.
    Agree...and that leads me to a follow-up. If I am bridged to my phone, is turning on tethering redundant? I have not really looked that close yet, but it sure seems to behave differently.

As if some apps indicate that there is no connection when PB Wifi & Tethering are both off (only bridge connection is active) but then when I turn on tethering those apps are happy.

I certainly could be wrong, but if I can forego the tethering since I am bridged then at least that removes one step here.

Edit: I did read the linked article, (http://crackberry.com/blackberry-bri...rnet-tethering) but even though it indicates that on WCDMA/GSM phones tethering and bridge can be used at same time, I am not seeing clearly whether that really adds anything...I think it does, but appreciate clarification/confirmation.
    Last edited by ohioclone; 03-05-12 at 03:49 PM.
    03-05-12 03:44 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD