Is there a Hotspot Shield or similar Application for playbook?

Or

Is there a configuration I can do manually on the Playbook?
    05-02-12 06:50 AM
    Is there a Hotspot Shield or similar Application for playbook?

Or

Is there a configuration I can do manually on the Playbook?
    What are you planning to do?
    05-02-12 07:58 AM
    there are vpn services that will allow you to connect to their servers and they will mask your real ID.

I wouldn't trust them to the point of doing banking while connected to their servers.
    05-02-12 09:56 AM
    I used to use Hotspot Shield in Germany, but got annoyed with the advertising. I've now subscribed to Strong VPN. It costs about $7/month, but has no advertising, is much more reliable (especially on Hulu and Netflix), doesn't require an install, and is much faster

I haven't tried it on a Playbook, but I am sure you can just set it up in the VPN settings on the Playbook. That's what I've done on my HP Touchpad, Mac, PC and Routers. If those all work, would assume the Playbook works too.
    05-02-12 10:19 AM
    What is hotspot yield and How do you use this for uninterrupted steaming if movies to prevent stalling and popup ads on playbook, please
    12-29-13 01:17 PM
    What is hotspot yield and How do you use this for uninterrupted steaming if movies to prevent stalling and popup ads on playbook, please
    Don't know about those but the oragami browser has an ad blocker that works fairly well

I got fed up and had to move on to android so I could get media to stream properly and the hola unblocker to get around the Geo location garbage
    Last edited by Cynycl; 12-29-13 at 01:47 PM.
    12-29-13 01:23 PM
    How do you use this for uninterrupted steaming if movies to prevent stalling
    You can't. It's not a playbook issue- it's the sites that you're trying to stream from (using Project Free TV, I believe).
    12-29-13 02:27 PM
    You can't. It's not a playbook issue- it's the sites that you're trying to stream from (using Project Free TV, I believe).
    You tube doesn't work half the time on playbook. Plenty of threads to support that issue so I would disagree that it's not a playbook issue.....or rather an antiquated playbook software issue
    12-29-13 02:45 PM
    I don't have any problems streaming YouTube vids on my Playbook, using the stock browser, other native browsers, the YouTube app, TubeMate, or two android browsers that I'm running, on my home network. What I can't stream smoothly, is many, if not most, of the videos from the hosts that Project Free TV uses, and this is using my PC, which is hardwired to my router. I mention Project Free TV because castoridae has mentioned that she had problems streaming their vids before, and so I suspect that these vids are what she's referring to. Thus, I say it's not a Playbook issue- it's an issue with Project Free TV's hosts.
    Cynycl and AWB70 like this.
    12-29-13 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD