Don't get the tab. When you can go out and get a device that's essentially the same thing but with an OS actually designed for tablets in a month or so, and there will be several other choices at around the same time, you'd generally be a fool not to wait.
    You are right, of course, and yes im going to wait. i was just curious to see what others thought. but i do wish they would hurry up! I normally do not buy something right out of the gate, but i have immediate uses for this gadget and im going to take the plunge!
    01-30-11 03:03 PM
    If nothing else, guys, the tab is only going to have about half the processing power or the xoom or the playbook.... So don't go that route unless the thing is cheap as dirt and you don't have the money to spend. I'm holding out for the tablet, costing me all the patience with RIM I can dig up.

Plus hocking my wife's wedding ring.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 05:24 PM
    If nothing else, guys, the tab is only going to have about half the processing power or the xoom or the playbook.... So don't go that route unless the thing is cheap as dirt and you don't have the money to spend. I'm holding out for the tablet, costing me all the patience with RIM I can dig up.

Plus hocking my wife's wedding ring.

Same conclusion i came to. Im just anxious to get a tablet. if they slip the March date Im really going to be upset. Im guessing the 54GB version will be around $700.
    01-30-11 05:27 PM
    Same conclusion i came to. Im just anxious to get a tablet. if they slip the March date Im really going to be upset. Im guessing the 54GB version will be around $700.
    Piccard brought up a point I wasn't aware of; he said their fiscal Q1 ends February. this has serious implications; it makes the possibility of a Feb release date more feasible. It would be in rim's best interests to get it out in their fiscal Q1 since it is a publicly traded company, where ultimately they answer to stockholders and not a single owner or consordium.

Not that I am predicting now, just saying...

01-30-11 05:38 PM
    Piccard brought up a point I wasn't aware of; he said their fiscal Q1 ends February. this has serious implications; it makes the possibility of a Feb release date more feasible. It would be in rim's best interests to get it out in their fiscal Q1 since it is a publicly traded company, where ultimately they answer to stockholders and not a single owner or consordium.

Not that I am predicting now, just saying...

Oh! I thought Q1 ended March 31.
    01-30-11 05:47 PM
    Trying to find RIM's fiscal quarters. Here's some info: 2/16/10 — Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM)(TSX: RIM), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today reported record third quarter results for the three months ended November 27, 2010 So, if 3rd Q ended Nov. 27, let's go back 3 months.... Nov, Oct, Sept should cover Q3. So Q2 would have been Aug, July, June. Then Q1 would have been May, April, March. So.... If you play that game it looks like we lose with a release as LATE as May... Let's stick with general calendar quarters.
    01-30-11 06:06 PM
    Trying to find RIM's fiscal quarters. Here's some info: 2/16/10 � Research In Motion Limited (RIM) (NASDAQ: RIMM)(TSX: RIM), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today reported record third quarter results for the three months. ended November 27, 2010 So, if 3rd Q ended Nov. 27, let's go back 3 months.... Nov, Oct, Sept should cover Q3. So Q2 would have been Aug, July, June. Then Q1 would have been May, April, March. So.... If you play that game it looks like we lose with a release as LATE as May... Let's stick with general calendar quarters.
    Now you guys have me dizzy. Piccard said their fiscal Q1 ends in February. Let me say this; if the playbook doesn't come out until May then RIM is going to pay a heavy price.

Oh! I thought Q1 ended March 31.
    The calendar Q1 ends March 31. What we are wondering is if RIM's "out in Q1" means their fiscal Q1 or the calender Q1.
    Last edited by kb5zht; 01-30-11 at 08:21 PM.
    01-30-11 08:17 PM
    I was trying to verify Piccard's statement, but that's what I found and then counted backward...
    01-30-11 08:34 PM
    I was trying to verify Piccard's statement, but that's what I found and then counted backward...
    For rim's sake I hope they don't think that it will be casually overlooked if this thing doesn't come out until May. They've about used up all their grace that this demanding market will allow it.

01-30-11 08:37 PM
    If it doesn't ship out until May, then I will tell all my friends to go Xoom or iPad 2. And will personally mock them non-stop if they opt for Playbook. Feb, I will love them and I will swim to Canada just to give the CEOs a hug. March, I can handle and will offer to help them through word-of-mouth. April, I won't help them through WOM, but will buy one myself. May, they just lost a truckload of customers...
    01-31-11 03:12 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD