After spending some time on this forum, I'm going to say that I hope for everyone's sake BB10 actually delivers, because with the amount of hope and reliance on BB10 OS, I would hate to see all you guys disappointed.

How many of you people actually think BB10 0S will actually turn RIM's fortunes around?
    08-19-12 05:04 AM
    I think they have a reasonable chance. There will always be a core business market for RIM, and consumers are very fickle - talk to any fruity phone or android user and we all have annoyances and complaints which may lead us somewhere where the grass is greener.

Having said that, the success or failure of the new platform comes down to attracting developers, in my opinion. The PlayBook has been a bit of a damp squib application wise - first forcing their loyal devs into using Air, and then producing a native SDK too late in the game with no default widgets whilst promising the second coming with cascades. It's no wonder they felt little incentive to bring their apps over to the PB. Things are getting better, but it's still not all there.

Here's hoping things go well for BB10.
    BigAl_BB9900 and FF22 like this.
    08-19-12 05:39 AM
    I am also one of those who is hoping BlackBerry 10 will hit it out of the parc. I have been researching and studying the possibility of changing platforms and quite honestly I don't see any reason nor do I feel compelled to change platforms after seeing what BB 10 may offer. The reason for change, is because my contract expires November '12 and I am curious into trying out the full touch screen experience. Even though I love my Qwerty, I am still willing to try it out. The other reason is due to the fact that I am seriously tired of the bad press that has been surrounding the company that put "SMART" into smart phones. You know, that same company that brought mobile computing to the market? I don't pretend on being tech savvy, but I am honestly quite perplexed as to why people enjoy condemning BlackBerry and how/when/why it all started?

Anyhow, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and remain faithful that BlackBerry 10 will deliver a complete, full and rich user experience.
    08-19-12 08:31 AM
    What can BB10 bring, that will be different? What does RIM have to offer?

I don't want to keep my hopes up and be disappointed.
    08-19-12 11:24 AM
    BlackBerry pie and cotton candy. Who would be disappointed by that?
    08-19-12 11:28 AM
    BlackBerry pie and cotton candy. Who would be disappointed by that?
    Lovers of gingerbread and ice cream sandwiches
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-19-12 12:20 PM
    RIM has got the best people working on it. What killed them was poor leadership. I believe Thor is an improvement in leadership compared to the founders. It has never really been the product but leadership in allowing the talent at RIM to do what needs to be done to make the product good.
    08-19-12 01:27 PM
    The other reason is due to the fact that I am seriously tired of the bad press that has been surrounding the company that put "SMART" into smart phones. You know, that same company that brought mobile computing to the market? I don't pretend on being tech savvy, but I am honestly quite perplexed as to why people enjoy condemning BlackBerry and how/when/why it all started?
    Maybe the bad press is somewhat deserved? After all, they popularised the email phone, then got complacent, giving the competition time to catch up. By the time apple and Google were perceived as a threat, the retort was a half baked touchscreen phone which was universally panned by the media, followed by several years of playing catch up and taking an ever decreasing market share.

I think delays of BB10 are a sign that they don't want to repeat history by releasing something which works from the start.
    08-19-12 04:24 PM
    When will BB10 be out? Any word on what they're planning to put into BB10?
    08-19-12 05:15 PM
    When will BB10 be out? Any word on what they're planning to put into BB10?
    Blackberry "pie in the sky." Smoke and Mirrors. There's more than meets the eye. One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Better late than never. 12th of Never.

And if you want serious: Rim supposedly will release bb10 phones in the 1st quarter and the pb version is to follow "soon."
    08-19-12 06:14 PM
    I think BB10 could turn things around for RIM. But I remain extremely skeptical. Even if they develop a killer OS, that alone isn't enough. WebOS was a technological masterpiece at the time, but Palm released dismal hardware and brutal dev tools, resulting in a crash and burn for the platform.

RIM needs an amazing platform, which includes a stellar OS, killer hardware, heavy developer investment from day 1 and a good sized user base shortly after launch.

This is a big IF, but IF these things happen, RIM will be on the upswing.
    08-19-12 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD