Is it possible to install the Honeycomb Launcher on a non rooted playbook?
    10-15-12 12:15 PM
    I'm confused. Are you looking to put android on your pb?
    10-15-12 12:19 PM
    No.. I just saw a neat video for the honeycomb launcher and wondered if it can be installed on a non rooted playbook. But I guess in a way it is installing a form of android on the playbook.
    10-15-12 12:26 PM
    Yes it is. Just download the apk file and sideload

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    10-15-12 12:37 PM
    It works just fine and is just sideloaded on nonrooted. Look for Honeycomb Launcher.bar

It acts a bit wonky on BB10 and remmeber once you install it, EVERY android app and link and browser click will ask you which launcher to use. To make it worse, on BB10 sideloading Honeycomb Launcher will kill the QNX Launcher and it will no longer work at all.

I used to have it on mywebsite, but looks like I removed it at some point for a cleanup. I have other launchers available though.

http://www.filearchivehaven.com/down...X_v1.3.3.1.bar

Not sure how good that launcher was though.

Ed
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-12 01:12 PM
    It's possible, yes, but it doesn't add a whole lot. But if you want to do it anyway, here it is: DepositFiles
    10-15-12 01:12 PM
    Honeycomb launcher is pretty useless on OS 2.1 , especially since, as KermEd said, everytime you try to launch an android app, instead of just launching the app, you'll get a dialogue asking which launcher you want to use to launch app, QNX or Honeycomb (a major PITA if you ask me). If you want an app to launch android apps that won't produce this dialogue, try "Quick App Manager" in app world..
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-12 01:29 PM
    totally agree with the other posts. when I first got my pb I saw loads of youtube vids showing android launchere on the pb amd thought "wow". this was especially on rooted pbs where the play store worked too.

whilst mine is non rooted (have no desire to and can't now anyway), I did try a couple of launchers, including hcl and holo. at first instant I was impressed it wasn't really functional. as others report each time you opened an android app it asked which launcher tonuse. annoying. whilst pre 2.1 it was handy for using different android apps one after the other without having to restart runtime now we have single window seemless integration the use of android launchers is pointless imo
    10-15-12 05:07 PM
    As both KermEd and Pacoman indicated, it is a pain. I had to find it and remove it otherwise it was just an additional roadblock to launching Android apps.
    10-15-12 05:09 PM