coming from a person who knew nothing about rim, heck i didn't even knew rim was the company name. I just though it was blackberry.
    Many people do know know about the playbook. Heck i just got one a few weeks back and to be honist for the 32 gb model at 149. i was blow away. I was in the market for a cheap tables and the first one i got was a hipstreet 4 gb android 4.0 tablet. that think sucked A$$ so bad. i had it one night and it froze restarted so many times etc. while haveing that tablet in one hand i started to look at the specs of other tablets and seen the playbook in the staples flyers. so i started to look up the specs online about it and started to relize for 150 bucks seems to be a good deal. so i gathered up a few more dollars and went to staples. when i got there they were all sold out. so i had to pre order one. a few days later i got it. and other than the long boot time. This thing is awsome. Has flash in the browser that works perfect. true multitasking, never once froze up on me. compared to the other tablet this thing was way ahead of it.
    What rim needed to do was get the word out more about this lil piece of tech. After i told a few of my buddies about the product and let them play with it they wanted one for them-seves, but sadly they couldn't find one.
    Also it seems like alot of other business like bell is giving out free playbooks if you sign up for something. Me and my wife signed up for bells fiberop and in doing so gave us a playbook. Maybe if more people know about them then they might of bloomed better.

The only real reason why apple did so good with sale is because they know how to market. Remember them Commercial when apple bashed on Microsoft and said there product was better.
    10-28-12 07:02 PM
    coming from a person who knew nothing about rim, heck i didn't even knew rim was the company name. I just though it was blackberry.
    Many people do know know about the playbook. Heck i just got one a few weeks back and to be honist for the 32 gb model at 149. i was blow away. I was in the market for a cheap tables and the first one i got was a hipstreet 4 gb android 4.0 tablet. that think sucked A$$ so bad. i had it one night and it froze restarted so many times etc. while haveing that tablet in one hand i started to look at the specs of other tablets and seen the playbook in the staples flyers. so i started to look up the specs online about it and started to relize for 150 bucks seems to be a good deal. so i gathered up a few more dollars and went to staples. when i got there they were all sold out. so i had to pre order one. a few days later i got it. and other than the long boot time. This thing is awsome. Has flash in the browser that works perfect. true multitasking, never once froze up on me. compared to the other tablet this thing was way ahead of it.
    What rim needed to do was get the word out more about this lil piece of tech. After i told a few of my buddies about the product and let them play with it they wanted one for them-seves, but sadly they couldn't find one.
    Also it seems like alot of other business like bell is giving out free playbooks if you sign up for something. Me and my wife signed up for bells fiberop and in doing so gave us a playbook. Maybe if more people know about them then they might of bloomed better.

The only real reason why apple did so good with sale is because they know how to market. Remember them Commercial when apple bashed on Microsoft and said there product was better.
    and yet windows is still 90% of the PC marketshare. If marketing was all it takes them Mac OS wouldnt only be about 7%.
    10-28-12 07:10 PM
    or do what apple does. lol try and sue the competition.
    10-28-12 07:17 PM
    and yet windows is still 90% of the PC marketshare. If marketing was all it takes them Mac OS wouldnt only be about 7%.
    windows is still 90% because thats what most people can afford.
    10-28-12 07:18 PM
    Regarding the OP subject: Doubtful. That's only because the world's gonna end Dec. 21, 2012.
    10-28-12 07:28 PM
    There is this mistaken notion that marketing alone sells products. As already noted, the first link in the chain is to make a good product.

Yes, I believe good marketing could possibly tip the scales in the theoretical battle of two evenly ranked items, but glitz cannot cover up a bad product. There seems to be this innate belief that most people are stupid. RIM can't afford that type of conceit, and Thor clearly does not subscribe to it, thankfully.

RIM has had a long time to wonder why a tablet as sleek as the PB failed to gain profitable traction. If it was marketing alone that is the issue, just throw money at it.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-28-12 07:29 PM
    most of the people i know including myself, only knew of blackberry phones. the little handheld device with the small keyboard and the 2-3" screen.
    Everyone knows apple. Everywhere i look i see they have there products plastered everywhere and when you walks in a store/phone booth that the first thing the sales associate try's to sell you.
    Blackberry always rub of to me as strictly a professional business, not much fun for the average joe. Apple strikes me as fun, energetic play toy. Microsoft to me is the pc world.
    I prob will never own an apple because i prob will never be able to afford one. The reason why i bought the playbook was because of the drop in price.
    The more i played with it the more i liked it. It us under-priced compared to what else you can buy at the same price range. kobys, and hipstreet tablets same price, are piece of junk compared to it.
    Get the word out and show it off. Make blackberry a name that is universal, perfect for business and everyday task, and fun to play with.
    10-28-12 07:50 PM
    If RIM abandons the PlayBook without releasing BB10 into it, some users will abandon RIM, at least I know one that will do.
    10-28-12 07:55 PM
    most of the people i know including myself, only knew of blackberry phones. the little handheld device with the small keyboard and the 2-3" screen.
    Everyone knows apple. Everywhere i look i see they have there products plastered everywhere and when you walks in a store/phone booth that the first thing the sales associate try's to sell you.
    Blackberry always rub of to me as strictly a professional business, not much fun for the average joe. Apple strikes me as fun, energetic play toy. Microsoft to me is the pc world.
    I prob will never own an apple because i prob will never be able to afford one. The reason why i bought the playbook was because of the drop in price.
    The more i played with it the more i liked it. It us under-priced compared to what else you can buy at the same price range. kobys, and hipstreet tablets same price, are piece of junk compared to it.
    Get the word out and show it off. Make blackberry a name that is universal, perfect for business and everyday task, and fun to play with.
    A majority of RIMM'S devices are bought by average Joe's. The playbook isn't under priced at this point. In reality the playbook can't compete with other tablets (software wise) from a consumer/professional pov. Funny how you see BB as strictly professional, yet you play with your playbook.
    10-28-12 08:56 PM
    The answer to your question comes down to whether the battery in my BlackBerry PlayBook still holds a full charge by the Summer of 2013. However, I do not expect to see BlackBerry 10 on the BlackBerry PlayBook any time during 2013.
    10-28-12 09:02 PM
    Last quarter RIM released their 4G models (in Canada). Great opportunity to do marketing.
    It has died on the vine. Perhaps things will change in Q1 with the BB 10 phones, but marketing still continues to be a challenge.
    Research In Motion needs to contract with a professional advertising and marketing agency and stop the nonsensical delusion about their internal marketing department. The worst decision RIM management made was not giving every one of their employees a tablet and ensuring all internal websites worked seamlessly. The second worst decision was not hiring an external agency to develop a successful marketing campaign when the BlackBerry PlayBook launched in April of 2011.
    10-28-12 09:11 PM
    A majority of RIMM'S devices are bought by average Joe's. The playbook isn't under priced at this point. In reality the playbook can't compete with other tablets (software wise) from a consumer/professional pov. Funny how you see BB as strictly professional, yet you play with your playbook.
    this was before i owned the playbook and "had to google up the playbook my self to learn about it"
    10-28-12 09:12 PM
    This specific statement shows why I wrote the original post. I've noticed in these forums a barrage of people who have no idea RIM released a second PlayBook in August ... the 1.5 GHZ LTE model. The number of "PlayBook hardware is now 18 months old" type comments suggest lots of people don't even know LTE exists. It's almost like RIM quietly threw it to market to fulfill some contractual obligation or something.
    Research In Motion does not even market the LTE BlackBerry PlayBook. How would anyone know it exists unless they frequent a third-party forum dedicated to the BlackBerry brand? Thorsten wll have a lot to answer for come 31 March 2013 if there is no BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    10-28-12 09:54 PM
    Also, for all of you people who are slagging RIM for taking so long to produce an OS,
    Anyone slagging RIM for the amount of time it's taking to create an OS has also clearly never made an OS. End of story.

However, RIM should have just shut up and said, "hey guys, here it is!" and not promised dates.
    10-28-12 10:02 PM
    For sure! Now that Apple release Ipad mini with a 2 yr old OS and are selling like hot cakes. Playbook still look like a great alternative.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    10-28-12 10:04 PM
115 ... 345