View Poll Results: Which homescreen do you prefer

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS 1 (with the TABS )

14 19.18%
  • OS 2 (Without the TABS)

59 80.82%
    VOTE Its simple. which homescreen 'layout' do you prefer and which one would you like to see in the future

You can choose from :

OS 1 (See the 'tabs' with ALL, GAMES, MEDIA, SOCIAL, FAVORITES

OS 2 (Without the 'tabs' )

Which one do you prefer ? VOTE ! & Let me know WHY
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 06-27-12 at 02:02 PM.
    06-27-12 01:55 PM
    tbh - don't really care...
    Hawnz likes this.
    06-27-12 01:57 PM
    Just like on bb6/7, the tabs never really suited the way I organised my devices so I was glad to lose them with os2.
    06-27-12 02:19 PM
    Just like on bb6/7, the tabs never really suited the way I organised my devices so I was glad to lose them with os2.
    And what if you could create the tabs yourself?
    06-27-12 02:53 PM
    Much prefer the OS2 way. Didn't really like being locked into their tabs. Making folders and adding them to the dock works much better, IMO. I've got Messages, Browser, folders for Apps, Games and Media and the camera on the dock. The Bridge folder and other most-used apps are on the front page. No dots for me.
    06-27-12 02:53 PM
    Never used OS1 extensively, just briefly on a demo unit in a shop, before I got my PB (got my PB a week or two after OS2.0 launched officially). But from my brief moments with it then (and on the PB emulator on PC, which I used for testing my app before I got my PB), the OS2 way seems much more intuitive and generally better. I prefer making my own folders over having tabs set by RIM.
    06-27-12 03:12 PM
    Honestly, I think OS1 looks much better, not sure what you guys see in 2.0
    06-27-12 04:22 PM
    Honestly, I think OS1 looks much better, not sure what you guys see in 2.0
    For me, it's not about looks, but how it functions. The OS1 way is disjointed, prone to duplication and restrictive. I am much more organized with OS2.
    cdelcampo216 likes this.
    06-27-12 04:46 PM
    I don't like the tabs, but i did prefer the functionality in OS1 to have multiple docks so i could quickly sideswipe across my most used apps. I've retained the functionality of two docks at the moment, but i can't edit the apps in the second one anymore so i'm stuck with what's there now. lol.
    06-27-12 05:36 PM
    To me OS2 looks wayyy more professional than OS1.
    06-27-12 07:01 PM
    For me it's a no brainer. OS 2 offers a very slick and functional OS interface while OS 1.0 offered an annoyingly redundent OS interface.

Also, the most important feature in the interface was missing from OS 1.0, FOLDERS!
    06-27-12 08:02 PM
    My reason is simple. I like to be able to organize my stuff my own way....
    06-27-12 09:15 PM
    I actually would prefer to have the tab style if I could create them myself. As it is, between the 2 as designed, I prefer OS2. I have basically created my own tabs by organizing things on different panes, they just don't have labels on them.
    06-27-12 10:25 PM
    Since when did boxy become professional?

I like the tabs because they are all easily accessible. I also like how the apps aren't in that silly boxed window with no purpose at all. Without being able to customize the tabs, then its maybe a tie, but I think I could find my apps in OS1 alot faster than I can on OS2.

The solution? Bring back the best of both. Tabs AND Folders and of course the ability to create, delete and rename tabs.
    06-27-12 10:49 PM
    Since when did boxy become professional?

I like the tabs because they are all easily accessible. I also like how the apps aren't in that silly boxed window with no purpose at all. Without being able to customize the tabs, then its maybe a tie, but I think I could find my apps in OS1 alot faster than I can on OS2.

The solution? Bring back the best of both. Tabs AND Folders and of course the ability to create, delete and rename tabs.
    I prefer the TABS too. Then its up to the developer to choose in which category he want his app ( in the config.xml it is <rim:category>games(or social or media or games)</rim:category> )
    06-28-12 03:00 AM
    Should be a third choice- Don't care/know about the difference
    06-28-12 04:05 AM
    Should be a third choice- Don't care/know about the difference
    If you don't care... You've to choose one you must have noticed the difference if you got your playbook with OS1

If not, than just choose os2
    06-28-12 05:09 AM
    I didn't like the tabs on my 9800 with OS6, and certainly didn't like them in PBOS1. If I had to ability to delete certain tabs and/or rename them, with folder support, the tabs wouldn't be a bad thing. It does make it easier to find certain things.

Overall with the way they were done initially, the tabs in PBOS1 were terrible.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    06-28-12 06:29 AM
    dont really care about tabs, but as a option to activate and rename them i dont have anything against it.
    What i like about the screenshot of the frontpage is the smaller cards of the apps in the back. why did they get rid of it.
    06-28-12 06:36 AM
    I voted for OS2 home screen just for the fact I can organize things in folders now
    06-28-12 07:16 AM
    I voted for OS2 home screen just for the fact I can organize things in folders now
    everybody seems to like the Folder function
    06-28-12 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD