If you turn both Flash and Javascript off in the browser options everything on crackberry renders properly, quickly and no more hanging pages. I hope with future updates the Flash and Javascript will get dialed in. Without them turned on in the forums, you are only missing out on the flash adds and that is just fine by me.
    07-07-11 01:37 PM
    Crackberry has become a "bloated" site. I don't think the issues are with Playbook, but with the site and ads. I frequently see "waiting for <insert ad website here>" in the status window of my PC browser. You don't have a status window in the PB, but I bet if we did it would be hanging on waiting for some stupid ad site to deliver its content.
    trsbbs likes this.
    07-07-11 01:51 PM
    Yep, the issue is with cb.com and not with the PB itself.
    07-07-11 01:55 PM
    but we still love you CB lol
    07-07-11 02:00 PM
    I love it even more without all the adds and it was just so bogged down before. I have no problems with other websites, but I do think the browser could be a bit faster in general, with everything on as it should be. I love my playbook and the experience here at crackberry is even better now. I just wanted to share a work around, because there have been several threads about how slow crackberry is.
    07-07-11 02:06 PM
    You could install the CB App and then you wouldn't have to deal with the ads...

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst.../46853?lang=en
    Last edited by Kerri Neill; 07-07-11 at 04:05 PM.
    07-07-11 04:01 PM
    Still as bad.
    07-07-11 04:04 PM
    Clearing my cache in the browser settings helped a lot. CB works pretty fast even with flash.
    07-07-11 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD