The only thing I bought was a case. But I saw somewhere on this site that many of the experts recommend a rapid charging stand. I bought a keyboard off Amazon but it only worked one day so that has been it for me.
    I was thinking about the rapid charger. Will any blutooth keyboard work with the playbook? I'd rather not get a super cheap one off Amazon I've had some bad experiences with those.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 07:36 PM
    Hi fellow zoo creatures.
    Is it safe to post or does everyone have to go through the requisite flogging?
    What I want to know is what are the top 20 apps I should download with my new playbook.
    And that's all folks......cause I know what happens when you wake the animals!!!
    Files & Folders, Ghost Commander, Advanced Camera, Kalemsoft, Battery Guru, What's Up and many more.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-30-13 09:23 PM
    Files & Folders, Ghost Commander, Advanced Camera, Kalemsoft, Battery Guru, What's Up and many more.
    Splashtop, Origami browser, Fast browser, Gameloft games, Angry Birds series, Plants v. Zombies...Lots of great movies for 99 cents at Video Store right now..
    Last edited by Gooseberry Falls; 11-30-13 at 09:59 PM.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-30-13 09:43 PM
    i need to sift thru them again,,, didn't find any .99� last night...
    You sure you can't find any? What region are you in?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-30-13 09:49 PM
    I was thinking about the rapid charger. Will any blutooth keyboard work with the playbook? I'd rather not get a super cheap one off Amazon I've had some bad experiences with those.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely the rapid travel charger or dock and they are so inexpensive. Magnetic coupling clicks into place. You can do it in the dark. The USB port is a little fragile and you have to check orientation (BBRY logo up). HDMI cable. Cases (Otterbox or Ballistic). I've got a Logitech and Motorola BT keyboard/mouse that work well. Only thing I heard is BestBuy brand (Insignia?) stuff doesn't work.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    11-30-13 09:59 PM
    Definitely the rapid travel charger or dock and they are so inexpensive. Magnetic coupling clicks into place. You can do it in the dark. The USB port is a little fragile and you have to check orientation (BBRY logo up). HDMI cable. Cases (Otterbox or Ballistic). I've got a Logitech and Motorola BT keyboard/mouse that work well. Only thing I heard is BestBuy brand (Insignia?) stuff doesn't work.
    Thank you! So the logitech and Motorola keyboards and mice work without lag?

Posted via CB10
    11-30-13 10:10 PM
    Hey all. just curious as to what accesories you all have for your Playbook. i just got mine and wanted to know what the best choices are.
    aside from the included goodies,(sleeve/stock charger), charging dock, rapid travel charger, ballistic case in red, 10FT/3M mini hdmi ---> hdmi,(long cord great for playing games on hdtv), & the *ever* elusive convertible mini keyboard, by far my favorite accessory & the best $70/u.s. i ever spent,,, it transforms your tab into an awesome travel pc,,, if you find one, snatch it up, they're very hard to find...
    castoridae and Carl Estes like this.
    12-01-13 02:15 PM
    The only thing I bought was a case. But I saw somewhere on this site that many of the experts recommend a rapid charging stand. I bought a keyboard off Amazon but it only worked one day so that has been it for me.
    must've been non-BB,,, the bb mini keyboard is the one you want, but like i mentioned, vvveeerrryyy hard to find...
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-01-13 02:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    don't get the after market ones!!! nothin' but trouble from what i've read,,, the only one i've heard works ok is the rii mini keyboard, but i haven't used it personally,,, they make a wifi one & a bluetooth one,,, make sure you get the right one if you go that route (i think you'll need the bluetooth one, but don't quote me on that),,, EDIT: like some said, the logitech ones seem to work well...
    12-01-13 02:21 PM
    You sure you can't find any? What region are you in?
    U.S.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-01-13 02:22 PM
    Whicb Logitech charger do you have? The ones that require a plug in dongle will not work with the PB.

The HP Touchpad. bluetooth keyboard will work with the PB as far as typing is concerned on most apps but not on Smart Office.

EDIT: Sorry I meant to ask about Logitech mouse.
    Last edited by jpash549; 12-01-13 at 05:07 PM.
    12-01-13 03:17 PM
    U.S.
    Looking/sifting for them is inefficient. Type the title in the search bar from the sale thread. I just did Wolverine. Open it and it should say "buy for 0.99". Just did it. Do it quick 'cuz some are already back up to 19.99.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-01-13 04:15 PM
    Whicb Logitech charger do you have? The ones that require a plug in dongle will not work with the PB.

The HP Touchpad. bluetooth keyboardwill work with the PB as far as typing is concerned on most apps but not on Smart Office.
    Not a charger, a BT keyboard. Must be BT and not wifi.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-01-13 04:18 PM
    Thank you! So the logitech and Motorola keyboards and mice work without lag?

Posted via CB10
    I've been happy with them. No noticeable lag.
    12-01-13 04:19 PM
    You have a Logitech what? Just a keyboard? Any number? I take it you don't have a separate Logitech mouse.
    12-01-13 05:01 PM
    A reference on bluetooth keyboard/mouse for Playbook.

http://www.squidoo.com/bluetooth-keyboards-for-playbook
    12-01-13 05:40 PM
    Looking/sifting for them is inefficient. Type the title in the search bar from the sale thread. I just did Wolverine. Open it and it should say "buy for 0.99". Just did it. Do it quick 'cuz some are already back up to 19.99.
    i've tried doing a search from the bar in pb vid store,,, doesn't do anything,,, i found a few .99 deals but none i'm looking for,,, pirates of the caribbean specifically,,, i haven'e registered w/ them yet, maybe that's the issue...

edit: got 'em!!! the only one they don't have is dead mans' chest,,, 3 outta 4, not bad...
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 12-01-13 at 09:08 PM.
    12-01-13 06:57 PM
    i've tried doing a search from the bar in pb vid store,,, doesn't do anything,,, i found a few .99 deals but none i'm looking for,,, pirates of the caribbean specifically,,, i haven'e registered w/ them yet, maybe that's the issue...

edit: got 'em!!! the only one they don't have is dead mans' chest,,, 3 outta 4, not bad...
    The search is a little too specific, e.g. you won't get anything returned with "wreck it ralph" and you have to have "wreck-it ralph". So being more general is better, e.g. "pirates of the carribean" should have returned all the sequels available. Good you got what you wanted. I figured for 99 cents, I'd fill up my 64 gb PB!
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-02-13 08:54 AM
    Holy guacamole!! My poor friend makes one post and the gang spams and hijacks her already
    Interestingly, she hasn't replied yet - probably hasn't had a chance to find a free wifi spot yet.
    12-02-13 09:52 AM
    Holy guacamole!! My poor friend makes one post and the gang spams and hijacks her already
    Interestingly, she hasn't replied yet - probably hasn't had a chance to find a free wifi spot yet.
    Not at all beaver not at all. We are just wishing him a warm welcome and introducing ourselves. If he has a problem and asks for help I guarantee he will be helped see!

Anyway while your here get on your knees while I get my little sword thingy out and give you a proper knighthood see?
    SEAWARRIOR and Carl Estes like this.
    12-02-13 10:00 AM
    You have a Logitech what? Just a keyboard? Any number? I take it you don't have a separate Logitech mouse.
    Yeah, the keyboard has a integrated touchpad:
    Logitech Cordless Mediaboard Pro BT Keyboard PC Mac PS3 | eBay
    I do have a Logitech BT mouse (V470) but haven't tried it with the PB. I'll try when I get back home (out of town for the holiday).
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-02-13 10:27 AM
    Yes, so now we have Castoridae (Beaver) and Cervidae (Deer)...! Starting to look like a nature reserve in here!!
    Ha! - Cervidae - not necessarily deer, this is from the University of Michigan website:
    The family Cervidae, commonly referred to as "the deer family", consists of 23 genera containing 47 species, and includes three subfamilies: Capriolinae (brocket deer, caribou, deer, moose, and relatives), Cervinae elk, muntjacs, and tufted deer

-- So your homework is to try to determine where in the family Cervidae, Cervidae actually is, or which cervid.

Oh yeah, and also, this just goes to proove that you cannot ever trust a beaver to be very specific
    Carl Estes likes this.
    12-02-13 10:41 AM
    What would be the best apps to have for playbook

I have some emulators
    a decent ereader
    google maps

anything else?
    12-02-13 11:18 AM
    The search is a little too specific, e.g. you won't get anything returned with "wreck it ralph" and you have to have "wreck-it ralph". So being more general is better, e.g. "pirates of the carribean" should have returned all the sequels available. Good you got what you wanted. I figured for 99 cents, I'd fill up my 64 gb PB!
    yeah, i'm gonna do some more scrollin' tonight, once my eyes come uncrossed,,, ha!!! the search needs to be tweaked, for sure,,, when i did the "pirates of the caribbean" search, they didn't come up together,,, they were spread out over abt a page & 1/2 of other movies... p.s. some of these are only available 'til 1/1/14,,, after that they'll be removed from the store per agreement w/ distributors...
    12-02-13 11:57 AM
    in all honesty, we actually waited & inquired, concerned for her wellbeing & sanity, for @ least a day or so, before tearing the place to shreds...
    castoridae and Carl Estes like this.
    12-02-13 11:59 AM
121 ... 2345