Hi Kevin,

I hear you're going to Waterloo this coming week. For the Shareholders Meeting?

Do you have any exclusive interviews arranged? An invitation to RIM head office?

I don't want to spoil the party, but can you give us a teaser of what's in store?
    07-09-11 11:10 PM
    Have you decided on a watering hole to meet the local CB fans?
    07-09-11 11:18 PM
    Ah, ill be there too late to come join in the drinking....I'm heading to Waterloo on the friday . Last time I was there I saw the VP of marketing for RIM walking towards the hotel I was staying at. Just missed him too.
    07-09-11 11:42 PM
    Ah, ill be there too late to come join in the drinking....I'm heading to Waterloo on the friday . Last time I was there I saw the VP of marketing for RIM walking towards the hotel I was staying at. Just missed him too.
    With your car?
    jerry12 likes this.
    07-09-11 11:46 PM
    Hey All!

Soo.. 6:41am local time, about to head off to the airport. Get into Toronto just after noon, then driving out to Waterloo.

Sunday afternoon - mainly working from hotel room (ton of little work things I need to get done)

Monday - looks like the day is pretty booked up (keeping it a surprise though as to *what* I'm doing. Looking like a meet-up is in the works for Monday night. Tentatively scheduled for wing night at Morty's at 8pm, but could change depending on how many people are coming out. Will keep ya guys posted.

Tuesday - booked up during the day again (surprises!), Tuesday night is the AGM.

Wednesday - booked up in the morning, then heading back to Toronto in the afternoon. Spending the night there, and then

Thursday - Thursday morning I have to fly to San Francisco (have meetings there Thursday night/Friday/Saturday), back home on Sunday.

Things are going to be jam packed, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time in between meetings, etc. to get tons of content posted. Worst case it'll come slightly later, but will will do my best to get stuff up on the site and report back asap. Aiming to live blog the AGM on Tuesday night.
    07-10-11 06:44 AM
    Have fun Kevin!
    07-10-11 06:52 AM
    Make a documentary of this trip, record at all times! Esp when someones getting pwned.
    07-10-11 07:16 AM
    Hey All!

Soo.. 6:41am local time, about to head off to the airport. Get into Toronto just after noon, then driving out to Waterloo.

Sunday afternoon - mainly working from hotel room (ton of little work things I need to get done)

Monday - looks like the day is pretty booked up (keeping it a surprise though as to *what* I'm doing. Looking like a meet-up is in the works for Monday night. Tentatively scheduled for wing night at Morty's at 8pm, but could change depending on how many people are coming out. Will keep ya guys posted.

Tuesday - booked up during the day again (surprises!), Tuesday night is the AGM.

Wednesday - booked up in the morning, then heading back to Toronto in the afternoon. Spending the night there, and then

Thursday - Thursday morning I have to fly to San Francisco (have meetings there Thursday night/Friday/Saturday), back home on Sunday.

Things are going to be jam packed, so I'm hoping I'll have enough time in between meetings, etc. to get tons of content posted. Worst case it'll come slightly later, but will will do my best to get stuff up on the site and report back asap. Aiming to live blog the AGM on Tuesday night.
    Sounds like you have a great week lined up. Hope you get some good BB news - possibly a 9900 release date ?

And although its not as hyped as the new bold - wouldnt mind some more info on the new curve coming out.
    07-10-11 07:36 AM
    If you come home with a 9900 too, I'll be pissed!!
    chiefbroski likes this.
    07-10-11 07:39 AM
    I wonder if a QNX Superphone will be demoed?
    07-10-11 08:12 AM
    I doubt it but never know.

Have fun fearless leader (aka Kevin)
    07-10-11 08:18 AM
    I would hope even a non working demo would be nice. But well see during the week.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    07-10-11 08:20 AM
    And we hope we will get a nice big update Tuesday for the playbook ;-)
    Hehe any how have a good one Kevin.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-11 08:36 AM
    Kevin,
    If you're coming to Toronto, will you have time for a beer there?

I was gonna drive to Waterloo, but I can't do Monday AND Tuesday.

Gladly meet you Wednesday though if you have time?

Mark
    @allaboutmybb
    www.allaboutmybb.com

07-10-11 08:54 AM
    ok you have peeked my interest so now i an going to have to go check it out too.
    Last edited by miktro; 07-10-11 at 07:42 PM.
    07-10-11 09:20 AM
    Kevin,

Would you be kind to quietly ask about:

• RIM morale
    • Is the new Torch(Monaco) really Storm 3 and are us Storm2 guys in for a treat or is it more of the same?
    • New tweaks to Bridge

Just simple questions.

Thank you our Fearless Leader.
    07-10-11 10:44 AM
    talk but no demo's of qnx phones, lets get 7.0 out the door please. I want them as bad as the next guy but I want the 7.0 now
    07-10-11 10:49 AM
    With the new phones just weeks away, they're not going to talk up QNX on phones just yet. They'll say it's happening, and that's about it. Why would anyone buy a 9900 in September if they thought a new godlike device was coming out in February?

I expect the QNX talk on phones to heat up closer to the end of the year, with a pledge that the new phones will get it.
    07-10-11 10:58 AM
    With your car?
    LOL. I couldn't...

...I wasn't driving.
    07-10-11 12:13 PM
    Good call on Morty's. They have great chicken wings there I prefer the hot or wet Cajun. I will try and make it over tonight to say Hi. Please post any change of plans
    07-11-11 06:35 AM
    I expect the QNX talk on phones to heat up closer to the end of the year, with a pledge that the new phones will get it.
    RIM has already ruled out the new phones getting QNX OS. RIM said that QNX OS requires dual cores.
    07-11-11 06:55 AM
    Kevin's Plan.

1. Steal a 9900
    2. Run like the wind.
    3. Prosper.

red777 likes this.
    07-11-11 07:37 AM
    The fact that you are absolutely booked up leads me to think there is ALOT more than you're letting on...and here I was thinking Kevin was just wandering around campus looking for a leak.
    Looking forward to some updates!

Truth be told: When you announced you were going to RIM HQ, I thought it was because you HAD to be there for the Chairman/CEO split vote. I think it was the day after the CB post, they announced taking the split vote off the table and I figured you might be caught with your pants down wondering if there was going to be any worthwhile announcements at the AGM.
    Last edited by BaconMunch; 07-11-11 at 11:09 AM.
    07-11-11 11:05 AM
    Just like a few months ago when Kevin stopped talking about the Playbook meant he had one. Soooo maybe when Kevin stops talking about the 9900/9930 it will mean he has one AND it will be in our hands very soon.

Hey one can only hope. Now the only neat feature on the Droid 2 that I have, which is the swipe keyboard, is really annoying. I can't get the 9930 soon enough.
    07-11-11 11:36 AM
    The RIMpire Strikes Back!!!!!!!
    07-11-11 11:49 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD