I've been using blackberry for over 10 years. I got the playbook last november during the fire-sale and I have used it everyday. My cell contract is set to renew, so it was a challenge deciding what to do. When I was last due for an upgrade I chose BB again only to have RIM announce 3 weeks later that OS 6 was no longer being supported. I know that BB 10 is "supposed" to come out later this year, but I'm just not going to wait. All this company does is hand out empty promises. I know they are a company in transition, but I refuse to commit to an Os 7 device right now knowing that it won't be supported yet again in just a little while. I just wanted to write this little note to thanks the mods here, Mr. Kevin, everyone who posts, you have all been very helpful. My torch and playbook have gone into my closet for eternal rest. You may all flame away but this was just a genuine attempt to say thanks to strangers who helped me in the past. You are all fantastic people and maybe we will once again reconnect in the future. Cheers and good wishes to all of you!
    06-18-12 11:44 AM
    It's cool. Time to dump your proud stock and change your avatar. Good luck.
    06-18-12 11:49 AM
    My torch and playbook have gone into my closet for eternal rest. Cheers and good wishes to all of you!
    I'LL take them. . Have fun with different toys
    06-18-12 12:14 PM
    That was a very nice post. We wish you well no matter what device you choose to assist you in your ventures.
    06-18-12 12:42 PM
    06-18-12 12:46 PM
    Ok, so you are switching phones, why would you stop using the playbook? I have bb and pb but 90% of the time I use the pb with no connection of any type to my bb. Seems odd to ditch it simply due to a phone change.
    06-18-12 02:18 PM
    I know they are a company in transition, but I refuse to commit to an Os 7 device right now knowing that it won't be supported yet again in just a little while.
    I don't blame you. Good luck and hope you find something that works for you...
    06-18-12 02:20 PM
    I chose BB again only to have RIM announce 3 weeks later that OS 6 was no longer being supported.
    What does that mean? How are they not supporting older OS's?
    06-18-12 02:30 PM
    Ok, so you are switching phones, why would you stop using the playbook? I have bb and pb but 90% of the time I use the pb with no connection of any type to my bb. Seems odd to ditch it simply due to a phone change.
    My thoughts exactly lol I find it hard to believe the playbook is going in the closet for a eternal rest.

Why would anyone do that? The playbook is still a top notch slate with or without a BlackBerry phone....I call B.S.
    robkd and bungaboy like this.
    06-18-12 03:02 PM
    Keep your playbook out of The closing and use it. In a few months you will get your old torch out too. Best of luck M8. Let us know of your original quote when you come back, You will have a fantastic story to tell us.
    06-18-12 03:55 PM
    I have an iPhone and a Playbook. The fact that I have an iPhone hasn't taken away from my enjoyment of the Playbook at all. My contract for my phone is up in December. That works out well for me. I'm going to see how the new phones play out (BB10, iPhone5, the Android devices at that time) and make a decision on which route to go at that point. Note that no matter what route I take with my phone, my Playbook will not be relegated to the closet!
    06-18-12 04:44 PM
    I thought RIM announced they were going to still support OS7?
    06-18-12 04:56 PM
    I thought RIM announced they were going to still support OS7?
    They are, just won't be adding much to it is all
    06-18-12 07:12 PM
    It's either one extreme or another. Companies change. Business models evolve. Technology improves. If RIM tried to support every OS it ever released they would've folded years ago. I don't see computers with Windows 3.1 support anymore. Just hold on. When the new BB10 devices are released your PB will bridge to it and they'll be no looking back.
    06-18-12 08:51 PM
    mm mm mmm
    06-19-12 12:17 AM
    Dropping your pb because of the reasons you've listed doesn't make much sense to me either but whatever. I have a 9930 and love it as I do my pb. To each his own. Best of luck at finding what satisfies you.
    06-19-12 09:06 AM
    I switched golf balls this summer, but I'm keeping my playbook
    FF22, axllebeer and PiotrJot like this.
    06-19-12 09:16 AM
    Moving on to something you prefer is great, but I question putting an operable PB in the closet. I think that part of the statement is the OP getting in a last dig.
    06-19-12 09:40 AM
    mm mm mmm
    Stop it Cleveland. You just made me crave Campbell's Soup.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    06-19-12 09:45 AM
    OP. Sad to see you go. Wish you luck. Maybe we'll see each other again after BB10?

Btw, I too, am accepting used BlackBerry donations.

mm mm mmm

Hmming your show's intro? xD
    06-19-12 10:23 AM
    I switched golf balls this summer, but I'm keeping my playbook
    Oh interesting. What did you switch to?
    06-20-12 03:08 AM
    OP.. there might not be OS6 support.. but RIM has confirmed for OS7 support.. and PlayBook is just working alright..

I'm curious to know your better choice...
    06-20-12 03:30 AM
    Oh interesting. What did you switch to?
    Wilson 50/50s .... cheapest ones, discontinued, but improved my game more than an iPhone
    06-21-12 12:39 AM
    It's either one extreme or another. Companies change. Business models evolve. Technology improves. If RIM tried to support every OS it ever released they would've folded years ago. I don't see computers with Windows 3.1 support anymore. Just hold on. When the new BB10 devices are released your PB will bridge to it and they'll be no looking back.
    Very poor analogy. RIM is still selling phones with OS6 and Microsoft's Support for Windows XP is ending on April 8, 2014.
    06-21-12 02:22 AM
    Click to view quoted image

Hmming your show's intro? xD
    Haha, no.. It's more like this:

Mm mm mmm,

I detest OPs who don't have the balls guts to reply to their own thread.
    06-21-12 09:48 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD