Here's my local Office Depot's display. The sign says locked up with Tech Tools:
    10-03-11 06:49 PM
    Yes I still believe they should've done no advertising except thru email and the forums to bb owners until after 2.0 was ready but what is done is done. I guess you're talking about the little sign but "amateur hour is over" isn't a good slogan when you haven't delivered yet.

I love my pb but come on really, how can say something like that when you haven't finished it yet.
    esqlaw likes this.
    10-03-11 06:56 PM
    Our local OD has one on display that's functional. It may have been something wrong with the unit, the tech guy took it off display and left the note for the next guy to put out a new display unit
    10-03-11 06:57 PM
    I made a positive observation this week , my local staples had replaced their dead unit with a new working model but unfortunately they were sold out as I wanted to buy one as a gift for my brother-in-law.
    10-03-11 07:14 PM
    The playbook is selling out everywhere now that its onsale.
    10-03-11 07:41 PM
    The playbook is selling out everywhere now that its onsale.
    I hope that's really the case- I still am the only person I've seen in NYC with one sadly...
    10-03-11 08:57 PM
    Sigh, so sad to see a post-it note in place of a demo unit!

Everyone should take pics of all the displays of PB in your area, zip em (or host em) and send it to RIM w/a message that says "seriously?!"
    10-03-11 09:05 PM
    Wow. My Office Depot had a live one. The display was similar and pretty nice.
    10-03-11 09:07 PM
    Yes I still believe they should've done no advertising except thru email and the forums to bb owners until after 2.0 was ready but what is done is done. I guess you're talking about the little sign but "amateur hour is over" isn't a good slogan when you haven't delivered yet.

I love my pb but come on really, how can say something like that when you haven't finished it yet.
    bwa hahahaha.

yes yes. Oh the irony.

Yup. Good tablet with a lot going for it, but it really was amateur hour wasn't it. HOPEFULLY, amateur hour really will be over with 2.0. Let's hope RIM gets it right this time around.
    10-04-11 01:10 AM

Well if you look to the signs on the bottom left, you can clearly see "Take one".
    It's clearly obvious their directors are working on bringing out their "Take two.0" signs... it's only obvious.
    10-04-11 01:32 AM
    Looking at the picture again. Was the PB on display earlier? Reason I ask is there is a planogram on the display. So it looks like they are setting it up or like I said switching it out and letting the other tech guy know where the device was.

I worked at Office Depot part time in their tech dept. We left each other notes all the time about what we were working on.

The OD here has that same display on an endcap right before you walk down the tablet aisle and it actually works. Can't say the same for a few of the other tablets they have out.
    shankeith likes this.
    10-04-11 07:40 AM

I think you're right. Amateur hour began when the PB released lol...

I like my playbook too but it doesn't do some basic and fundamental functions that mobile devices have accomplished for years. Windows mobile did some of these functions 10 years ago and that OS was worse.
    10-04-11 07:47 AM

Why is it when i make this (very accurate) claim i get pounced?

This device has the potential to really shake the tablet market up but there are still those who insist on enabling mediocrity by defending rim's decision to release $500+ web browsing tablet and say "amateur hour is over" and worse, call it "blackberry amplified".

?!?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-11 11:14 AM
    I hope that's really the case- I still am the only person I've seen in NYC with one sadly...
    Well I guess I must be the 2 person in NYC with one. I commute into the city for work and I have seen no one with a PB except me and OP.
    10-04-11 11:40 AM
    Even in waterloo, it is not much better. Have seen a couple dead PB's in the past. Maybe next week i'll go and do some recon.
    10-06-11 12:28 PM
    Same here.. but at least now I know there are 2 PB in NYC.. actually 3.. got mine in May and bought a second one on sales
    10-06-11 12:36 PM
    I would say the reason they arent selling is probably because of RIMs marketing or lack there of.
    10-06-11 03:31 PM
    I am still waiting for my refund from Sony when I bought a 32" CRT TV for $2300...I think you can pretty much get them for free now.

I wonder if Sony will send me a cheque for $2300?

It would be nice if Blackberry did that....but honestly as others have stated before....things go on Sale....unless you bought it 30 days ago (and the store has a 30 day price or exhange policy) you really have no way of recouping your money.
    10-06-11 03:52 PM
    I never really gave the Playbook a second glance until I noticed it marked down to Cdn$299 last Friday. Now here I am. :-)
    10-06-11 05:17 PM
    Mine is on the way.

On topic, I was at my local Best Buy and they actually moved the playbook to the tablet section and had a BB rep there! He wasn't all that competent, but hey at least they're getting sales people out there, now if they can find some that know how to sell.
    This guys whole pitch to me was that the playbook comes preloaded with Acrobat reader where as it isn't preloaded on any other tablet. Really? I should have his job!
    10-06-11 08:56 PM
    you think its bad there, in the uk i have only 2 people i know with playbooks, and they are both from my work here so it doesnt really count lol

i think maybe a google map should be made showing all the playbook memebers and the area that they live in?
    10-07-11 07:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD