Hi guys!!!!!!! Plz help me. I'm going CRAZY 4 one wk already n I can't Figure it out what I did wrong. Let me 1st tell you what I have been doing. I wanted to install android apps to my playbook following A thread I saw here. I 1st download The DDPB INSTALLER on my pc, open desktop mgr n connect my playbook to the pc, on the playbook I open development Mode n on the pc I scan the ip address n connected both device. It was working PERFECT. I Was able to download some apps nicely. But after I shut it off now. I'm trying To do more apps which I already chosen on the playbook and getting anew request I'm CONFUSED. IT SAY WINDOW SECURITY. ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD. TO CONNECT TO PLAYBOOK. USERNAME PASSWORD.
    Can somebody plz tell me which password I'm supposed to enter my network, my pc, or myplaybook one. I hv tried all n still can't connect.
    ANYBODY WITH A SOLUTION WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATE. IN NOT A PRO AS U GUYS ARE SO PLZ HELP ME INSTALLING ANDROID APPS TO MY PLAYBOOK.
    03-30-12 09:56 PM
    You should ask in the android section of the PB forum.
    03-30-12 10:14 PM
    Thx. Any suggestions. On how to get good apps.
    03-30-12 10:17 PM
    Depends on what you think good apps are. But I would think there are enough threads on here to see what works well or not.
    03-30-12 10:21 PM
    Do sideload Android apps you do NOT need Desktop manager (dm).

You need DDPB. Then you need some xxx.bar files.

I have created a folder on my computer called: c:\blackberry_bar_files

That's where I have placed my bar files.

I also have ddpb version 1.0.8 (it allows UNinstalling).

So, I run ddpb. You hten select bar files that you want to load or may want to load. Basically, what you are doing is preparation work. You point ddpb to a variety of bar files by browsing to where you stored them. Then you ADD them it is "cache" (or storage or locale where it will keep them). That does not do anything to your pb.

If you use usb, you need to find that ip address show in the Developer Mode. You need to turn on Developer Mode and you need a password (so create one or use the one that guards your pb if you have assigned one).

Enter that info into ddpb and Connect.

Now you will have a list of bar file that may be installed with little boxes. You can highlight and then the box can be toggled on/off. You can do that for a few or just one.

Then click INstall.

Be careful, those little boxes do not uncheck them selves. So I have more than once accidentally UNinstalled something I just installed when I meant to uninstall something else (because the box was still checked)

I may have left something out but that should be the basics.
    03-30-12 10:27 PM
    great, will do ur way now but quick question plz,from where i get those bars files from plz send me the link. i forgot the 1st time how i got a list of few of them. thx.
    03-30-12 11:10 PM
    Hi guys!!!!!!! Plz help me. I'm going CRAZY 4 one wk already n I can't Figure it out what I did wrong. Let me 1st tell you what I have been doing. I wanted to install android apps to my playbook following A thread I saw here. I 1st download The DDPB INSTALLER on my pc, open desktop mgr n connect my playbook to the pc, on the playbook I open development Mode n on the pc I scan the ip address n connected both device. It was working PERFECT. I Was able to download some apps nicely. But after I shut it off now. I'm trying To do more apps which I already chosen on the playbook and getting anew request I'm CONFUSED. IT SAY WINDOW SECURITY. ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD. ENTER YOUR PASSWORD. TO CONNECT TO PLAYBOOK. USERNAME PASSWORD.
    Can somebody plz tell me which password I'm supposed to enter my network, my pc, or myplaybook one. I hv tried all n still can't connect.
    ANYBODY WITH A SOLUTION WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATE. IN NOT A PRO AS U GUYS ARE SO PLZ HELP ME INSTALLING ANDROID APPS TO MY PLAYBOOK.
    I had exactly the same problem trying to set up my computer so I could install Android apps to my Playbook. Thank goodness member F2 helped me out and I've been good to go since.

I downloaded both Blackberry Desktop Software from RIM's website and DDPB version 1.0.9 to my PC (think I got that from Goodereader's website). With that done I then made a new file folder in My Documents on my PC and name it .BAR Files.

Downloaded the Playbook Android Apps I wanted from Goodereader's site and put them in the above .BAR Files folder I'd created (F2's advice). Put my Playbook in Development Mode, entered a password (mine is same as screen lock password) and connected the USB.

Open Blackberry Desktop Software on your PC and allow it to recognize your Playbook.
    After that, open DDPB and have it scan for your IP Address and put in the password you created when you put your Playbook in Development Mode. BOTH PROGRAMS ARE OPEN ON MY PC AT SAME TIME WHEN I'M DOING THIS STEP.

Now all you have to do is click on "Add" in DDPB Installer and point it to the Playbook Android apps you put in your .BAR Files folder. Check each app then click "Install" on DDPB and it should download them to your Playbook. When finished, close out DDPB, "Exit" Blackberry Desktop Software, safely disconnect your USB and turn off Development Mode in your Playbook.

I think the above problems you were having with Windows asking for a password and not recognizing the Playbook is because of Windows 7.

Hope this helps!
    03-30-12 11:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD