I went to Best Buy this afternoon because I now have a little extra cash thanks to Uncle Sam and wanted to get a Playbook. They are now back up to full price. What the heck is that about? I asked one of the guys there but he didn't know why, just said they went back up on Sunday. I would rather have it in my hands immediately, but I guess I will just order it online and pay half of what they want at Best Buy.
    You can still get the 64g for 309.99 @ amazon:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Playbook 7-Inch Tablet (64GB): Computers & Accessories

good luck
    02-16-12 02:45 PM
    thanks for the price info. if i purchase online from these merchants, are they all refurbs w no warranty? also, i hope someone can help me figure this out: are the newer models going to 'have to' be associated with a wireless plan - expensive! - or will they offer the option to connect via 3g as well as continuing as they are now? supposing i choose to continue my bb experience on playbooks and use a simple phone for talk when my current contract expires, will i need a phone plan with bis to use playbook, meaning current model wouldnt work w/o a bb w bis or a recurring bis payment on the playbook through either pre or post-paid? i understand that now it just syncs with the bbs, which of course have bis /bes.
    also wondering whether the current / original model is 'future proof' in the sense that all 3g models'' hardware is identical to current playbook they are selling out now? uhoh: 3g means will need to choose a carrier flavor? uugh. tell me no, please.
    vs current one can load and operate the new os2, but has less ram, different screen, is a newer piece of hardware that is more powerful? is the current one going to sync fully with os 10 as well as the new playbook provided os 2 is on it?
    hard for me to keep up with all the bb tech goodness coming. but want to decide whether to jump on the sale bandwagon right now while i can or wait for next one.
    02-16-12 02:46 PM
    Roflol. Exactly. I can hardly stand going into Staples or Best Buy with my husband. It's like being with Sheldon. We end up spending our time helping people with their computer needs instead of getting our own shopping done. In defence of the employees though I can't be sure they're incompetent as I hardly ever see one.
    Dang...that there be funni don't care who you are.... ahem and sooooo true.....

hey anyone from best Buy ever drop in over here ??? you guys need to help your bruthas out there cuz yah'll looking really sad.....
    02-16-12 02:55 PM
    Mark my words,

Best buy will go under before RIM ever goes under...

now thats what i call a flock of dodo's!
    02-16-12 02:57 PM
    Best Buy is a great place to pass time. Just go in and ask questions that you already know the answer to, then sit back listen to the drivel. Take a friend and have friendly wagers to see if the Rep will answer somewhat correctly
    02-16-12 06:29 PM
    Ever since I started reading these forums, discovered how to watch TV and movies on line, how to order almost anything I need from shopcrackberry, Amazon, etc..........there really is no longer any reason for me to even go into Best Buy. If I need advice or if I want info on new phones, tablets etc., I go to where I KNOW I will find the intelligent and correct answers......right here at Crackberry.com ! Who needs Best Buy? (no offence intended to any BB employees or devotees)
    02-16-12 06:51 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD