Hi, I'm looking for a BB PB and went to a nyc best buy to ask for it and the girl totally killed the poor device, she started with a I don't think we still have "thath thing" she didn't even knew where to turn it on, she told me they just had the display one and they were not getting anymore cuz the PB is discontinued well now my Q does it worth it? I'm not a business guy, but I'm dying for one
    02-15-12 05:41 PM
    I am bias...

Grab you a 9810 and a Playbook and enjoy one of the best duos in mobile technology. Then, when OS2 drops (soon) it will be the envy of all. Follow this link and see OS2 for yourself.

http://www.berryreview.com/2012/02/1...s-jeff-gadway/
    inocent3, CDM76, ewraight and 1 others like this.
    02-15-12 05:46 PM
    I know this morning's Crackberry cover post references the Canadian BB but you may want to go back and educate the poor girl.

http://crackberry.com/best-buy-ad-sh...20-coming-soon

And yes, find yourself a PB. They are great tablets.
    02-15-12 05:48 PM
    yes it is worth, like you said yourself * i'm dying for it* i guess she didn't knew it.
    i don't where to look for PB's in your region/country since i'm not familiar with it.
    all the prices here and there are rised up over here, kinda hard to find a sweet deal now.
    but there are still some out there if you try hard to find one.
    give this poor guy some help finding his PB yawn.
    02-15-12 05:51 PM
    how come its always best buy that talks smack about the playbook ..
    02-15-12 05:52 PM
    I went to Best Buy this afternoon because I now have a little extra cash thanks to Uncle Sam and wanted to get a Playbook. They are now back up to full price. What the heck is that about? I asked one of the guys there but he didn't know why, just said they went back up on Sunday. I would rather have it in my hands immediately, but I guess I will just order it online and pay half of what they want at Best Buy.
    02-15-12 05:52 PM
    Yeap I'm going to order it online too, I was surprised when I saw they have posted the pb 32GB on 600 dollars when online I can get it on 200 and free shipping
    02-15-12 05:56 PM
    I went into a number of different outlets looking for 3 PB, all 64 GB with a few friends here in Mesa AZ. Wal Mart only had them online, Staples only had 16 GB, Office Max only had one 32 GB left. Fry's Electronics had none but were expecting some to come in. We went into Best Buy to the computer dept where we were informed the RIM had pulled them out of the market and were not producing them anymore. I told the guy, "You're full of sh#t". He said I beg your pardon, so I repeated myself. I also informed him that I had recently purchased one but not at Best Buy. So we left, went to my place where we ordered them online at Amacom.com. I wouldn't give Best Buy the sweat of my left test.....! I won't be going there anytime soon not even for batteries.
    Last edited by Scotter75; 02-16-12 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Spelling Error
    02-15-12 06:07 PM
    I wonder why BB is going under haha. Glad you were able to get it online OP
    02-15-12 06:14 PM
    Best Buy told me the PlayBook was discontinued...on two different occasions.

Don't listen to them. They don't know what they're talking about.

Just find a good deal online and order one.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-15-12 06:17 PM
    As previously stated in this thread, I too have a BB 9810 and a playbook, and I am absolutly loving it! I have this combo with me all the time. Just by showing people my setup for work and play I have been able to get a few people to buy a playbook and this is before 2.0 ever hit.

You are posting on a Blackberry fan site so you will find that alot of people here love their Playbooks. What I would suggest ask someone you know who has a Playbook if you can take it for a spin, then make up your own mind as to wether its worth it.

I can only speak for myself when I say "it's worth it!". I bought a 32 gig for myself and a 16 gig for my parents, now it looks like they want another one because they fight over the one they have. LOL!

Good Luck!
    Toodeurep and thedark722 like this.
    02-15-12 06:17 PM
    The sales people are probably putting people off buying the Playbook as they will get more commission (or bonus) if they sell higher prices items (ipad) .
    I still believe that the Playbook is the best and most future proof item I have ever purchased!
    02-15-12 06:42 PM
    btw in regards to the op....what is going on with best buy reps? If they are discontinuing the playbook, its probably to make room for the next gen ones. (i hope) but should they keep talking this nonsense, theres an endless list of best buy threads in the playbook forums, i think the US crackberry users need to host a formal "education session" for best buy employees
    i dont seem to be getting the same reaction from bestbuy in Canada, never heard the "they're going outta business" thing.
    02-15-12 06:46 PM
    Yeap I'm going to order it online too, I was surprised when I saw they have posted the pb 32GB on 600 dollars when online I can get it on 200 and free shipping
    Where can you score a 32 gig for 200?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    02-15-12 06:53 PM
    Some facts about Future Slop and Bust Buy in Canada, they do their own product training, don't "require" help from wireless vendors..... Quality in staff shows. My story is best told by the statement I made to the front door greeter dude on my way out of BB, "Better go tell the silly b!tch you have in wireless to get of her iPhone and speak to customers or you numbers will be down today."
    Demand quality customer service and complain when you don't get it or the retailer whom ever they are will never know they have morons working for them.
    SemperFi1127 and up488 like this.
    02-15-12 06:54 PM
    If you're willing to get a PB without warranty, you can get a 16G refurb for $149, 32G around 169-179, and 64G for $199, just have to watch the Best Buy website, their refurb inventory is intermittent.

That way you also don't have to deal with the inept Best Buy criticism.

Oh, and I actually just tell them "I'm not here for you to bash on the product I came here to purchase", they usually straighten quite quickly and after some conversation admit, the buyers of the PB are very satisfied with them.

I suppose those buyers walked into Best Buy knowing what they were buying too!
    Last edited by Carbonetics; 02-15-12 at 07:08 PM.
    02-15-12 07:01 PM

My mistake 250
    02-15-12 07:04 PM
    Is not only RIM products that Best Buy Reps are ignorant about. They also don't have a clue regarding lots of other products in their stores. The only good experience I ever had with Best Buy was recycling an old computer.
    Last edited by Blkacesvf41; 02-15-12 at 07:38 PM.
    02-15-12 07:07 PM
    Some facts about Future Slop and Bust Buy in Canada, they do their own product training, don't "require" help from wireless vendors..... Quality in staff shows. My story is best told by the statement I made to the front door greeter dude on my way out of BB, "Better go tell the silly b!tch you have in wireless to get of her iPhone and speak to customers or you numbers will be down today."
    Demand quality customer service and complain when you don't get it or the retailer whom ever they are will never know they have morons working for them.
    lol i would like to have seen the look on that greeter's face :P
    02-15-12 07:10 PM
    If you're willing to get a PB without warranty, you can get a 16G refurb for $149, 32G around 169-179, and 64G for $199, just have to watch the Best Buy website, their refurb inventory is intermittent.
    bestbuy Canada or US? anyone had an experience with a refurb? considering that 64G.
    02-15-12 07:13 PM

That way you also don't have to deal with the inept Best Buy criticism.

Oh, and I actually just tell them "I'm not here for you to bash on the product I came here to purchase", they usually straighten quite quickly and after some conversation admit, the buyers of the PB are very satisfied with them.

I suppose those buyers walked into Best Buy knowing what they were buying too!
    Thank you. I just returned a 64gb for a bad pixel. Maybe I should've held on to it. I still have my 16 and may look into the referb.

02-15-12 07:28 PM
    When I first went to buy mines, my first stop was best buy and they said its discontinued and the guy showed me and it did say EOL (End of life). But it also said replaced by 3g model. Most office depot have them in stock.
    02-15-12 07:38 PM
    If you know anything about equipment and technology that might be helpful to the average Best Buy customer, you can get a much better job and not have to deal with the average Best Buy customer. Just sayin...

It's like asking the stockboy at the supermarket which canned soup is the "best".
    02-15-12 07:53 PM
    Best Buy blows! Stop shopping there.
    02-15-12 07:58 PM
    I'm not sure if a flippant remark to the door greeter qualifies as a "complaint" or "demand". Do you think he ran and reported it to management? They know they have morons working for them... When's the last time you said "That door greeter seems very intelligent. He would be a good candidate to give some pointers to on how this store should run..." You get what you pay for. (no offense intended to any door greeters on here )
    02-15-12 07:59 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD