Hi Everyone,
    I have just joined but been a playbook owner for a good while now. I was waiting for the Android market to free up and give me access to apps easily. However this really wasn't as easy as the appstore on apple. But having done some googling I found you guys !! (Yay! ). I have managed to side load my first app but my next challenge is to convert an apk file. I have read the tutorials etc and i think I may be able to manage it, although I am struggling to physically download the app on my laptop ... so has anyone created a .bar file to get the android shop on the playbook?
    There is one particular app I am interested in and that is GSA pro, which caters for my major fault ... golf, this is the file I intend to download to my playbook so that I can use it to correct my wayward golf swing.
    10-27-12 01:07 PM
    Hi Everyone,
    I have just joined but been a playbook owner for a good while now. I was waiting for the Android market to free up and give me access to apps easily. However this really wasn't as easy as the appstore on apple. But having done some googling I found you guys !! (Yay! ). I have managed to side load my first app but my next challenge is to convert an apk file. I have read the tutorials etc and i think I may be able to manage it, although I am struggling to physically download the app on my laptop ... so has anyone created a .bar file to get the android shop on the playbook?
    There is one particular app I am interested in and that is GSA pro, which caters for my major fault ... golf, this is the file I intend to download to my playbook so that I can use it to correct my wayward golf swing.
    http://apk2bar.unker.net/
    10-27-12 01:12 PM
    From what I understand, you canNOT get the Android store/shop/whatever to work on the pb. You need to get the specific app bar file or the apk file you need and go from there.
    madman0141 likes this.
    10-27-12 03:18 PM
    F2 is right no driod store on PlayBook. Would be able to use as an additional place.for apps.
    10-27-12 07:52 PM
    With the new txt option on the pb can you do atachments?
    10-27-12 09:27 PM