Having trouble taking a screen shot with volume up/down button. I've done it before, and those buttons still work, but it won't take a screen shot anymore. Rebooted PB, but still won't do it. Anyone having similar issue? possible solutions?
    03-01-12 09:22 AM
    If the volume is on, hold them down for a second or two and you should hear the camera shutter.

Just tried it and it works perfectly for me.

Do both volume buttons work normally?
    03-01-12 09:24 AM
    Works for me...
    03-01-12 09:26 AM
    If the volume is on, hold them down for a second or two and you should hear the camera shutter.

Just tried it and it works perfectly for me.

Do both volume buttons work normally?
    Yes, both volume buttons work fine. When I press them individually, I see volume going up/down. I tried again few times, and it won't take screen shot.

I used to do this before (before OS 2.0 release), and I have those screen shots in photos folder.
    03-01-12 09:33 AM
    Is your PB bridged to a BB on BES?
    Just thought I'd ask, you never said.
    03-01-12 09:38 AM
    Is your PB bridged to a BB on BES?
    Just thought I'd ask, you never said.
    Not bridged, standalone on wifi.

Is there a setting that will enable/disable this feature somewhere?
    03-01-12 09:45 AM
    Not bridged, standalone on wifi.

Is there a setting that will enable/disable this feature somewhere?
    Screen Capture - No, there is not.
    03-01-12 10:02 AM
    Do you hear the noise?You won't hear the shutter sounds unless you have the volume up.
    03-01-12 10:30 AM
    It works, but only if I am not bridged.
    03-01-12 10:36 AM
    Do you hear the noise?You won't hear the shutter sounds unless you have the volume up.
    I don't hear the shutter sound anymore, it used to work. Yes, the volume is up. It is very strange..
    03-01-12 10:41 AM
    thanks for this thread, I was just wondering on how to do this a few mins ago! Now if I should probably go buy the winning lotto tickets!!
    03-01-12 10:43 AM
    Do you have enterprise lock on? I had the same problem where screenshot was not working when enterprise was unlocked. I locked enterprise (briefcase icon up near the time on the status bar) and screenshot worked. Probably a security measure to not allow the screenshot functionality when enterprise is unlocked.
    Last edited by ranchlizard; 03-01-12 at 11:12 AM. Reason: unlocked vs. locked correction
    conix67 likes this.
    03-01-12 10:48 AM
    Just tried mine..no problem.. I assume (ranchlizard) U R referring to the "orientation lock,unlock) icon.... mine is on unlock all the time...
    03-01-12 10:57 AM
    Do you have enterprise lock on? I had the same problem where screenshot was not working. I unlocked enterprise (briefcase icon up near the time on the status bar) and screenshot worked. Probably a security measure to not allow the screenshot functionality when enterprise is locked.
    Correction: enterprise must be locked in order for screen shot to work.

Just tried mine..no problem.. I assume (ranchlizard) U R referring to the "orientation lock,unlock) icon.... mine is on unlock all the time...
    No, there is a different icon for Enterprise lock, which I think is added if you connect to an enterprise exchange server, for example, that sends certain policy to the device.
    03-01-12 11:11 AM
    Do you have enterprise lock on? I had the same problem where screenshot was not working when enterprise was unlocked. I locked enterprise (briefcase icon up near the time on the status bar) and screenshot worked. Probably a security measure to not allow the screenshot functionality when enterprise is unlocked.
    Wow! This did the trick! And this is not in OS 2.0 user's manual, but I don't understand the relevance of taking screenshot and enterprise lock. It seems like an OS bug.
    03-01-12 11:18 AM
    I have a slightly different problem.

When the playbook is locked, the screenshot still works. So any slight pressure on the side of the case takes (another) unwanted screenshot.

If the device is locked it should lock the buttons as well.

This is running 2.0.0.7971
    03-01-12 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD