Have anyone encountered a problem where the app does not appear in the Application Permissions page.

I installed the Zinio app and encounter error 1009. Zinio suggested to go into Application permissions to set the right access. But I can't find the Zinio app in application permissions. I uninstalled/rebooted/reinstall with no luck.

I first noticed a similar problem when I installed an android app. But I just wrote it off as an android app problem.

Also, when I installed Zinio for the first time, it asked me for permission to access the location information and other stuff. Of course I denied that. But when I reinstalled the app, it did not prompt me for that option. Does that PB store that information somewhere?

help!!!!
    03-22-12 04:55 PM
    I believe the PB does store permissions in such a way that it *can* persist (but I believe doesn't always do so) across uninstalls and reinstalls.

That said, if you installed Zinio earlier and it's not behaving now, I suggest uninstalling, then rebooting your tablet before trying to reinstall. There may be some bugs -- or merely time delays -- with things getting cleaned up or reset properly when you uninstall, but I believe generally a restart will clear out the old data more reliably. (That's based on experience doing something similar when testing out the old problem with the Recipe Box app on backups, where backing up still failed immediately after an uninstall, but then worked if I left it long enough or did a reboot.)
    03-22-12 05:36 PM
    After you reboot, tap the gear, tap Security,Tap Permissions. Scroll down and hopefully you will find the APP. If you don't give it the permission slip it asks for it will not run.
    03-22-12 06:34 PM
    I can't see zinio in list in permissions either and I reinstalled twice to try and get free magazines. I gave up on those ones and used the links to free mags in other thread on zinio.

Edit: Actually application permissions only shows 7 apps, the about>general screen says I have 203 apps.
    Last edited by djenkins6; 03-22-12 at 06:45 PM.
    03-22-12 06:41 PM
    I have tried the uninstall, reboot and reinstall 3 times with no luck. This really sucks because I have already spent $10 on a subscription.
    03-22-12 07:29 PM
    Anyone?????
    03-23-12 02:16 PM
    If nothing else works you might have to resort to either a Security Wipe or Debrick. Both would kill all of your data and apps and require that they be added back in. Tedious depending how much stuff you have on it.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    03-23-12 02:46 PM
    I thought all rim support was 90 days not just the French.
    03-23-12 05:08 PM
    I got that last part from a French member - so left it like it was posted. 90 days Tech support. Although some folks have found Rim will to extend it. But you may have to enter a credit card number to get into their system then MAYBE get it waived.

The pb itself is warrantied for 1 year.
    03-23-12 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD