I hope someone can help - I'm officially an *****!!! I have just sold my sons Blackberry playbook without doing a factory reset (I thought he had done it and he thought I had), the playbook was totally out of charge when we sold it so neither of us were able to or thought to check before we handed it over - hindsight is a wonderful thing. I have thought about the things that are on the device and other than music, a few photos, games and app's (Facebook) I cannot think clearly enough of the implications of this. I have changed the Blackberry ID password, Facebook password but would like to know what else I can do to hopefully secure any data that is on the device. I only realised when the lady messaged me asking for the password to unlock the screen - I stupidly gave her it as I thought that password was only a screen lock and not actually one that would let her get into anything else. The lady that bought it from us did say that she would do a factory reset herself when i contacted her later. Thanks in anticipation - one stupid lady!!!! Please be gentle with me!!
    09-22-13 02:34 AM
    If you had Blackberry Protect on, you can go to http://protect.blackberry.com. You can delete all data this way.
    09-22-13 02:41 AM
    Thanks but I've checked Blackberry Protect and the device did not have it. :-(
    09-22-13 02:45 AM
    If you contact blackberry playbook support I think that they can wipe it from their end. Worth a try, good luck!!!
    09-22-13 03:42 AM
    Since you sold it, the other person probably wants to personalize the PlayBook for herself. If your PlayBook was stolen, then the other person may be after more nefarious things...

I think you took all the right steps in changing the passwords and can relax.
    bambinoitaliano and jjs6w like this.
    09-22-13 04:47 AM
    Anyway to contact the purchaser and lead them through a Security Wipe? As noted, changing your passwords for accounts is a good idea. The bbid could be an issue but you also changed that. The pb is pretty much standalone - you canNOT get to it remotely. And while BB can kill access to OS upgrades, etc, you don't want to do that to a legitimate purchaser.
    09-22-13 10:47 AM