Hey all

Have searched the forums and Google but no solution for this scenario.

I want to install android apps but all I have at my disposal are my playbook and my andriod galaxy s3. I have no wifi available either.

Is there anyway to use my s3 to sideload localbar 2 to the playbook?

If not anyone have any other solutions, serious ones please. Tried using library of. But administration lockdowns in play so no dice there

Cheers for any help or advice with this.

Gmd
    06-05-13 02:03 PM
    Hey all

Have searched the forums and Google but no solution for this scenario.

I want to install android apps but all I have at my disposal are my playbook and my andriod galaxy s3. I have no wifi available either.

Is there anyway to use my s3 to sideload localbar 2 to the playbook?

If not anyone have any other solutions, serious ones please. Tried using library of. But administration lockdowns in play so no dice there

Cheers for any help or advice with this.

Gmd
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! Do you have a friend that would let you borrow their PC? If it's a laptop you could take it to someplace like Starbucks that offers free wifi and run everything from there.
    Gmd1701 likes this.
    06-05-13 02:37 PM
    Hi and welcome to Crackberry! Do you have a friend that would let you borrow their PC? If it's a laptop you could take it to someplace like Starbucks that offers free wifi and run everything from there.
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately not but I did consider this. I thought about the s3 and the playbook setup like that but no pc middle man. Any other ideas? Is there no way to use the native app installer to install local bar?
    06-05-13 02:51 PM
    Can you not set s3 as a hot spot and then use s3 wifi for playbook
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-05-13 03:27 PM
    How do you install Native apps without your wifi and how are you posting this?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:31 PM
    Hi both. I am using playbook now linked to my s3 as a wifi hotspot. On the s3 the wifi and wifi hotspot can not be active at the same time. Again to confirm my end goal is to be able to install apps. But sideloading requires a pc correct initial installwhich I do not have.

Gmd
    06-05-13 03:48 PM
    You might ask the Localbar person or post in the Apps or the Android subforums for more info.
    06-05-13 06:31 PM
    Hi both. I am using playbook now linked to my s3 as a wifi hotspot. On the s3 the wifi and wifi hotspot can not be active at the same time. Again to confirm my end goal is to be able to install apps. But sideloading requires a pc correct initial installwhich I do not have.

Gmd
    The thing is that you just can not install apps without a PC or a Mac, so I'm afraid I'll have to tell you sir that what you ask of is not possible
    You'll need a PC with playbook tools installed in it
    I don't know but maybe as S3 has Google Chrome and If extensions are available on Phones, you can get the side loading extension

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 02:44 AM