436 ... 1415161718
tools
    Please sign here to Save The PlayBook:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

829 PlayBook fans already have!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Kowal likes this.
    05-21-14 05:01 PM
    I was thinking more along the lines of something beginning with U It seems to have been installed on similar spec older tablets and no doubt different flavours will be coming out. Being locked down the playbook isn't even on the radar.
    I suppose we're stuck with what we've got. Lesson for future purchases.
    It is undoubtedly true that a different OS could help getting more out of the little machine, as some certainly make better use of more limited resource than the PB OS does. It obviously wouldn't be a Playbook anymore, but that's a different story. In my skewed take on history, the community should, however, have pushed for a true PB OS 3 right after the no-BB10 announcement, instead of sitting around "moping", pining for the OS it couldn't get. But that's a different story also (and understandably an unpopular one). "Stuck with what we got" would seem to be an apt motto, if you're willing to add "and making the most of it" to it.
    05-22-14 05:45 AM
    That's my plan Blue, going to load up on bars and get the most out of it I can between now and Xmas. I'll probably get another tablet then inline with my phone upgrade. I've wasted enough time on BlackBerry already, it's a fine line between being a supporter and getting abused

My tablets ok and my z10 is, whether BlackBerry can get back in the game between now and then is yet to be seen. I in future will not be buying blackberry as par for the course and will look at the best option for me at the time. A lot of arguments for have been diminished over the last year or so and what comes around goes around.

I take your point on board about it should have been jumped on as soon as it became clear that bb10 wasn't coming but in all fairness at the time I think there was a mixture of people not believing that BlackBerry would do this as well as doubt as to whether they would exist as a company at all. They were given a bit of grace to get there house in order, again fan loyalty not wanting to fuel the fire and I guess that's what gets everybody so annoyed. These loyal fans who stuck by them through thick and thin got nothing in return.

That's where a lot of these "hey its a 3 year old tablet " comments come from. They obviously don't realise this has been a fight from day dot which appears to be coming to an unhealthy conclusion.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 07:04 AM
    If they fix Facebook profile pics though Al that could change lol

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 07:06 AM
    If they fix Facebook profile pics though Al that could change lol
    Now don't get greedy...
    The "hey its a 3 year old tablet " comments are indeed quite annoying,
    considering what this petition wants to achieve at a minimum.
    And many of the objectors would have been objectors 1 year or even 2 or 3 years ago also.
    There never seems to have been much "Action" in this community. And that's the real shame IMHO..
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    05-22-14 07:22 AM
    With a little over 800 votes.. it seems no one cares
    05-22-14 07:49 AM
    With a little over 800 votes.. it seems no one cares
    I'll redo the math for you: "With a little over 800 votes.. it seems hardly anyone cares".
    Erik_1991 and Kowal like this.
    05-22-14 08:21 AM
    I'll redo the math for you: "With a little over 800 votes.. it seems hardly anyone cares".
    Or that only a small group thinks this is a useful approach. Don't know what fraction of the people who visit this forum they represent. Almost everyone who uses a PB would appreciate browser improvements and OS upgrades. Many could care less about Droid upgrade to 4.+ or games or Netflix. And so on.
    05-22-14 09:12 AM
    The math I was trying to redo was the wrong assumption that "800+" signatures mean "no one" cares...
    05-22-14 09:20 AM
    The math I was trying to redo was the wrong assumption that "800+" signatures mean "no one" cares...
    I was advancing a somewhat different viewpoint. But I have had only a public school education in the hinterlands of the midwest USA.
    Hirazi Blue likes this.
    05-22-14 10:08 AM
    I think the only maths that anybody needs to know here is the amount of people who would want BlackBerry to keep providing updates for the PlayBook roughly equates to the amount of PlayBook in existence. The petition is not a mile stick for the people that want it it's just the audience it's managed to reach. As popular as crackberry is I would imagine there are tens of not hundreds of thousands of owners out there who aren't even aware updates have stopped.
    They're are probably just thinking there will be another in 12 months time going off the status quo.
    Ffs most of us who follow the whole thing closely still aren't sure what's going on other than an obscure post in here. BlackBerry have hardly warned customers about what's going on have they?

Saying nobody wants a secure tablet because of the petition is just futile. My hat goes off to all the people involved in pulling together the 800 or so people in the first place. They have done more than blackberry have done in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 12:06 PM
    Well Blackberry's "grand" new scheme, their Internet of Follies seems to prove a sad point, that is not a company we can reason much with anymore, I'm afraid.
    05-23-14 06:39 AM
    The PlayBook love continues! BlackBerry should look at the comments today on the CrackBerry news story for PlayBook 10! Support the current PlayBook until the successor arrives. Keep the Loyal PlayBook and BlackBerry Fans, don't force them away!

05-23-14 01:16 PM
    The signatures are still coming in...849 at last count...keep signing please to Save your PlayBook support!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

05-26-14 07:49 AM
    Sorry, but this isn't really going anywhere anymore, or so it would seem: You can get 100, 200 or even 500 more signatures, but it doesnt matter much, as long as Blackberry refuses to acknowledge/accept the petition at all. Opening some line of communication with the company is way more important ATM than the occasional additional signature.
    mh1983, EchoesFX and schwede like this.
    05-26-14 11:14 AM
    Just wait for PlayBook 2

Visit my Channel C00121417 ? ?
    05-26-14 11:30 AM
    And while you're waiting for that: make sure to always be nice to unicorns...
    05-26-14 11:35 AM
    Yes like RIM they missed the boat.
    05-26-14 11:40 AM
    You are so funny.. ha. Ha. Ha. ... if you are not willing to wait buy another tablet... there won't be any update for the PlayBook. deal with it.

Visit my Channel C00121417 ? ?
    05-26-14 12:06 PM
    Yes it's true: I am very, very funny. But so are you: bringing up the fabled Playbook 2 in this context is a bit like adding a bit of cynicism to injury
    05-26-14 12:32 PM
    Yes it's true: I am very, very funny. But so are you: bringing up the fabled Playbook 2 in this context is a bit like adding a bit of cynicism to injury
    That has to be the understatement of the century?
    05-26-14 03:34 PM
    That's my cue!
    05-26-14 04:07 PM
    I think the only maths that anybody needs to know here is the amount of people who would want BlackBerry to keep providing updates for the PlayBook roughly equates to the amount of PlayBook in existence. The petition is not a mile stick for the people that want it it's just the audience it's managed to reach. As popular as crackberry is I would imagine there are tens of not hundreds of thousands of owners out there who aren't even aware updates have stopped.
    They're are probably just thinking there will be another in 12 months time going off the status quo.
    Ffs most of us who follow the whole thing closely still aren't sure what's going on other than an obscure post in here. BlackBerry have hardly warned customers about what's going on have they?

Saying nobody wants a secure tablet because of the petition is just futile. My hat goes off to all the people involved in pulling together the 800 or so people in the first place. They have done more than blackberry have done in a long time.

Posted via CB10
    This 800+ number also represents a possible unit count of 2 to 3 PB'S per household not to mention the word of mouth beyond if some form of support is accomplished. So, I would look at this also in terms of units out there well beyond the signature count.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 06:45 AM
    That has to be the understatement of the century?
    I think youse means overstatements...
    05-30-14 01:39 PM
    Thank you for all your signatures for the petition for continued BlackBerry PlayBook Support. It's probably time to bring this campaign to a frustrating close.

As we have said before, we have made various attempts to get an acknowledgement from BlackBerry with no response. There has been no visible representation or acknowledgment from CrackBerry either.

Since CrackBerry broke the news 'BlackBerry PlayBook OS Support officially ends this April' over 850 of you have taken the time the time to not just sign, but to explain how you still need support for the PlayBook, many for Business purposes. I cannot believe the news of the petition has not filtered through to BlackBerry...so on this basis it appears you the loyal BlackBerry PlayBook community have just been ignored. Probably the worst thing you can do to ruin already damaged, through broken BB10 on Playbook promises, customer relations.

The Campaign team will continue to support the PlayBook through BBM Channels and Twitter etc

Please enjoy the PlayBook for what it is. It's still a great device. Your plans for future brand loyalty is for you to decide?

05-30-14 02:00 PM
436 ... 1415161718