Thank's - in regards to the PlayBook it's actually a disturbing pattern of disregard by Blackberry (as well as CrackBerry) which has not changed over the last 12 months.
    12 months ago we were getting BB10.

When BlackBerry announced that the PlayBook was not getting BB10, they meant it. Which means that yes BlackBerry has wrote off the PlayBook and is trying to forget it.

Not sure what you expect out of CrackBerry. It's a three year old device that is EOL.

There are still current BBOS devices (and better selling) that get little love on CrackBerry - there is no future in the past.
    06-04-14 08:40 AM
    Well, some "common courtesy" instead of the "cold shoulder" would indeed have been nice...
    dphjeff, axllebeer and nealjane1 like this.
    06-04-14 08:52 AM
    12 months ago we were getting BB10.

When BlackBerry announced that the PlayBook was not getting BB10, they meant it. Which means that yes BlackBerry has wrote off the PlayBook and is trying to forget it.

Not sure what you expect out of CrackBerry. It's a three year old device that is EOL.

There are still current BBOS devices (and better selling) that get little love on CrackBerry - there is no future in the past.
    Well let's see this is the PlayBook Forum isn't it. wouldn't one talk about a device in said forum?
    Hirazi Blue and axllebeer like this.
    06-04-14 09:53 AM
    Can anybody tell me if bridge app will be updated at least to the extent of bbos app?
    Agatonga likes this.
    06-04-14 10:08 AM
    Can anybody tell me if bridge app will be updated at least to the extent of bbos app?
    I would say it's being replaced with Fuse/Blend, which will work with more devices than just the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 10:13 AM
    Please let's not do a "post mortem" on this petition. I am fairly certain the people running the petition did everything they could to contact Blackberry. Sadly, for any successful communication you need at least two parties and Blackberry quite obviously (and IMHO disgracefully) wasn't willing to participate...
    Exactly correct. We launched a website, blogged about it, made contacts at BlackBerry, then lost them, started these threads, got some retweets, created multiple BBM Channels, and a few other things. Emails were sent to some BlackBerry officials as well. I'm not sure what else could've been done.

I'll give another thank you to the PlayBook community for everyone's support. :-)

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    Last edited by axllebeer; 06-09-14 at 07:53 PM.
    anon(5597702) and nealjane1 like this.
    06-09-14 07:41 PM
    Exactly correct. We launched a website, blogged about it, made contacts at BlackBerry, then lost them, started these threads, got some retweets, created multiple BBM Channels, and a few other things. Emails were sent to some BlackBerry officials as well. I'm not sure what else could've been done.

I'll give another thank you to the PlayBook community for everyone's support. :-)

Posted via CB App from my Galaxy S4 Mini with an LED CrackLight ;-)
    Great summary Axl...we tried our best, we, the PlayBook community, were ignored by all of our contact channels.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    anon(5597702) and axllebeer like this.
    06-10-14 01:00 AM
    In the case of getting phone support, when you get in touch with a human you get told they are transferring you to the PlayBook dept which is a recorded message saying "outside of your 30 day free help please contact the retailer you purchased it from" or words from that effect then the line drops dead! No options or nothing from there.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 01:35 PM
    The utter lack of an approachable customer relations team, made me resort to contacting Alex Saunders back when I was trying my hand at a little Action. Not because he had much (if anything) to do with the issues at hand, but because he was "visible" (twitter, blog, even an openly available mail address).
    Suffice it to say:I am technically still waiting for his reply...
    06-10-14 01:50 PM
    The utter lack of an approachable customer relations team, made me resort to contacting Alex Saunders back when I was trying my hand at a little Action. Not because he had much (if anything) to do with the issues at hand, but because he was "visible" (twitter, blog, even an openly available mail address).
    Suffice it to say:I am technically still waiting for his reply...
    It's really poor. Quickest way to lose customers!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    06-11-14 11:28 AM
    When Blackberry announced they were planning to get out of the "consumer market" to completely focus on the "business customer" I already thought to myself that to us Playbook users this "major shift" in priorities wouldn't mean a thing. You can't close the "customer oriented" part of your company if it is non-existent to begin with...
    06-11-14 12:16 PM
    Playbook-Best Ninja tablet in the market!! If you can spot it. Better yet if you can find one
    OEM Playbook keyboard is even rarer find. Will worth something down the road.......
    I still have mine and a working PlayBook lol.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Pixel 2
    06-12-19 10:01 PM
    These things will just not die. Not only that but believe it or not they are still supported for some business applications such as Celica Database Anywhere. I have to say, BB10 or not, certainly got my money's worth out of mine.
    dmlis likes this.
    06-30-19 12:11 PM
    blackberry playbook forever!
    07-12-22 04:17 PM
    blackberry playbook forever!
    Since you resurrected a dead thread....I wondered how much support this petition got back in 2014. " This petition had 1,041 supporters" per Change.org. For some the PlayBook will live on for a while, for most of us it's another "what could have been" moment in our BlackBerry lives.
    07-13-22 03:46 PM
    Since you resurrected a dead thread....I wondered how much support this petition got back in 2014. " This petition had 1,041 supporters" per Change.org. For some the PlayBook will live on for a while, for most of us it's another "what could have been" moment in our BlackBerry lives.
    Great speakers and the police scanner app I have works rather well. "Attention all units, mass shooting in progress at..."
    "10-7, time for dinner" " Copy 10-4"
    07-13-22 07:00 PM
    Great speakers and the police scanner app I have works rather well. "Attention all units, mass shooting in progress at..."
    "10-7, time for dinner" " Copy 10-4"
    I used it like a mini computer with my blackberry 9700 and then 9900. Loved the speakers and the form factor. I used it less and less after I got my z10. But those speakers were great.
    07-13-22 07:45 PM
442 ... 161718