I think youse means overstatements...
    Very funny. Now run along and go harrass somebody else...
    05-30-14 02:08 PM
    @PlayBook UK – You’ve genuinely tried (you and your colleagues). That’s not worth much, but it’s definitively worth something…
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-30-14 02:19 PM
    @PlayBook UK � You�ve genuinely tried (you and your colleagues). That�s not worth much, but it�s definitively worth something�
    Thank you for your support Hirazi. You've followed this campaign from the beginning. It was time to close rather than fade away...

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-30-14 02:31 PM
    Thank you for all your signatures for the petition for continued BlackBerry PlayBook Support. It's probably time to bring this campaign to a frustrating close.

As we have said before, we have made various attempts to get an acknowledgement from BlackBerry with no response. There has been no visible representation or acknowledgment from CrackBerry either.

Since CrackBerry broke the news 'BlackBerry PlayBook OS Support officially ends this April' over 850 of you have taken the time the time to not just sign, but to explain how you still need support for the PlayBook, many for Business purposes. I cannot believe the news of the petition has not filtered through to BlackBerry...so on this basis it appears you the loyal BlackBerry PlayBook community have just been ignored. Probably the worst thing you can do to ruin already damaged, through broken BB10 on Playbook promises, customer relations.

The Campaign team will continue to support the PlayBook through BBM Channels and Twitter etc

Please enjoy the PlayBook for what it is. It's still a great device. Your plans for future brand loyalty is for you to decide?

:/

05-30-14 04:20 PM
    Sadness

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 05:31 PM
    Sadness

Posted via CB10
    With a bitter after taste. Large portion.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 06:12 PM
    I think that if Blackberry stops supporting the playbook then it should become an opensource platform. This would allow independent programmers the ability to make the os better, and add features that would make the Playbook more useful. Maybe adding android runtime updates, and apps like a better alarm clock (like BB10), tv/movie streaming apps, gps navigation, and possibly emulators for 8 and 16-bit fanatics. The Playbook still has relevant specs, and I don't see why it couldn't become a legacy device that tech-geeks would love to mod.
    05-30-14 09:10 PM
    BB would make a huge mistake if it ever allowed PB to become open source because it would compromise the security position of the label. It is not like HP where because of Leo Apotheker the whole project went down the tubes. There an Open source version of the operating system was setup although it did require changes from the regular WebOS on the TP for legal and related licensing problems. I'm still using the last operating system supported by HP on my TP. Makes a great clock and runs Apollo ( Pandora client) well with speakers much better than the Playbook. Some of the apps are good enough that they would be useful on the PB. Android is all right but from my experience with KitKat on a Nexus 7 (2012) Google wants to yank you around a lot and it probably will get worse.

Save the PB. Use it for what it will do. It is a fine piece of hardware for a 3+ year old device even if it maybe got designed in a hurry because Apple surprised with the iPad and had the much improved iPad2 out before the competition could get their first device out.
    05-30-14 10:30 PM
    I think that if Blackberry stops supporting the playbook then it should become an opensource platform. This would allow independent programmers the ability to make the os better, and add features that would make the Playbook more useful. Maybe adding android runtime updates, and apps like a better alarm clock (like BB10), tv/movie streaming apps, gps navigation, and possibly emulators for 8 and 16-bit fanatics. The Playbook still has relevant specs, and I don't see why it couldn't become a legacy device that tech-geeks would love to mod.
    About half of those things don't need the OS opened up to get the job done. Third party devs just need to care to actually develop them.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:01 PM
    ^^ last two posts ^^ problem is guys, no one from BlackBerry will acknowledge what's going on. They've been emailed, phoned, tweeted and as of yet they have stone walled every effort.
    Will be interesting to see where c Kevin gets along with his efforts about the q10 keyboard double typing issues. Thousands have came forward with the problem which to me sounds hardware related rather than software. This being the case BlackBerry maybe in a situation where they may have to recall devices which won't help their financial position at all.
    If they leave it long enough will their stock answer be... it's a 12 month old device, just get a q30? Will the q10 owners be complaining, will people be coming in here saying my z30's fine get over it?

I will be following closely even though it doesn't Affect me just to see if bad customer relations is going to be the norm under the new regime.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 05:35 AM
    ^^ last two posts ^^ problem is guys, no one from BlackBerry will acknowledge what's going on. They've been emailed, phoned, tweeted and as of yet they have stone walled every effort.
    Will be interesting to see where c Kevin gets along with his efforts about the q10 keyboard double typing issues. Thousands have came forward with the problem which to me sounds hardware related rather than software. This being the case BlackBerry maybe in a situation where they may have to recall devices which won't help their financial position at all.
    If they leave it long enough will their stock answer be... it's a 12 month old device, just get a q30? Will the q10 owners be complaining, will people be coming in here saying my z30's fine get over it?

I will be following closely even though it doesn't Affect me just to see if bad customer relations is going to be the norm under the new regime.

Posted via CB10
    Great post, love this concerning the Q10 keyboard issue: 'If they leave it long enough will their stock answer be... it's a 12 month old device, just get a q30? Will the q10 owners be complaining, will people be coming in here saying my z30's fine get over it?'

That's exactly what other BlackBerry Users have been saying about the PlayBook when they drop in and out of our forums...

As I have said before the PlayBook problem is not just limited to the 'PlayBook'. So that's why we tried to include the whole of the BlackBerry Community.

If BlackBerry would have listened and communicated with the PlayBook community on this support issue it could have been a forerunner communication framework for BlackBerry to work with customers to bring success to the company in the consumer market and keep those very loyal customers as a base to build on.

axllebeer and anon(5597702) like this.
    05-31-14 10:38 AM
    You two above me are both spot on as far as I'm concerned. I will not expect much for my Q10 after seeing how everything has been handled with PlayBook.

The whole situation is quite sad and unfortunate.
    05-31-14 10:53 AM
    BBRY has answered by not responding back. I will use this playbook until the end, as I still love it. Time to by another one as back up, and keep stepping. :-)
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-31-14 05:11 PM
    I like the open source idea

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 10:08 PM
    Security, security, security, that same old lame duck again. BlackBerry are willing to give up sales, market share and consumer satisfaction by shafting PB users in the name of... security.

My "tools not toys" tablet has been relegated to a useless doorstop because there are few apps on it, those aren't being updated and BlackBerry have forgotten the PB even exists. An old iPad - what BBRY diehards would call a toy - has a lot more productivity apps on it that let you do actual work, like iWork, MS Office, ERP clients etc.

To the idiots at Waterloo: just roll over and die, please. The world doesn't need continuous reminders of BlackBerry's sheer incompetence.
    ThaSwapMeetPimp likes this.
    06-02-14 10:41 PM
    Security, security, security, that same old lame duck again. BlackBerry are willing to give up sales, market share and consumer satisfaction by shafting PB users in the name of... security.

My "tools not toys" tablet has been relegated to a useless doorstop because there are few apps on it, those aren't being updated and BlackBerry have forgotten the PB even exists. An old iPad - what BBRY diehards would call a toy - has a lot more productivity apps on it that let you do actual work, like iWork, MS Office, ERP clients etc.

To the idiots at Waterloo: just roll over and die, please. The world doesn't need continuous reminders of BlackBerry's sheer incompetence.
    A bitter person indeed. But you can sideload Android apps including Kingsoft office and some have reported you can use cloud versions of microsoft office. Opening up the system at the risk of security compromise would still not get away from the fact that the PB is a seven inch tablet and not so good for doing real work on as a ten inch tablet.It is three years old and it is time to move on. If you have no further use for your tablet why not wipe it and donate it to a school or some person who would be glad to have it even with the gaps in what it can do.
    06-02-14 11:09 PM
    The playbook is what it is.. I recommend a Z30 for most. Mainly because the large screen and BB10.

It's a fantastic device.

Seriously tho, if your going to complain about the PlayBook, pick up a Z30. It really is an awesome device.

That's all.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 01:45 AM
    Seriously tho, if your going to complain about the PlayBook, pick up a Z30. It really is an awesome device.
    If you think that is viable advice you didn't read the thread.
    The problem is that Blackberry dropped support for a device that most owners would like to continue using safely for years to come.
    Advising these people to go out and buy another Blackberry device is a bit silly. From what we've seen the Z30 may only be supported for another 2-3 years.
    06-03-14 04:32 AM
    Just add it to the rest of the stock answers which don't make sense.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 03:35 PM
    But... security!

Kingsoft Office and Quickoffice would be decent office suites if it weren't for the stupid buggy Android runtime and the lack of a predictive keyboard. DocsToGo has a predictive keyboard and not much else. BlackBerry bought the company but didn't have a clue what to do with it.

Don't ever forget that BlackBerry touted the PlayBook as an iPad competitor even with a smaller screen (only a madman like Thor could think of it as an iPad-killer). Half-baked at launch, abandoned soon after birth, then erased from the family tree - that's the PB's sad life story.
    06-03-14 04:34 PM
    But... security!

Kingsoft Office and Quickoffice would be decent office suites if it weren't for the stupid buggy Android runtime and the lack of a predictive keyboard. DocsToGo has a predictive keyboard and not much else. BlackBerry bought the company but didn't have a clue what to do with it.

Don't ever forget that BlackBerry touted the PlayBook as an iPad competitor even with a smaller screen (only a madman like Thor could think of it as an iPad-killer). Half-baked at launch, abandoned soon after birth, then erased from the family tree - that's the PB's sad life story.
    Unfortunately both HP and RIM thought they were competing against the iPad 1 but Apple was already ready with the iPad 2 which was much better. So both HP and RIM were a day late and a dollar short with the designs besides launching with incomplete and buggy software.
    06-03-14 07:24 PM

Thank you for all your signatures for the petition for continued BlackBerry PlayBook Support. It's probably time to bring this campaign to a frustrating close.
    Thank you for running this campaign.

I am just interested if you were trying to address this to someone in Blackberry (i.e. making them aware of the petition) - who did you contact?
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-04-14 03:32 AM
    Thank you for running this campaign.

I am just interested if you were trying to address this to someone in Blackberry (i.e. making them aware of the petition) - who did you contact?
    Hi Schwede,

Campaign Timeline 2014

1st April - CrackBerry Announced PlayBook OS support ends today.

10th April - Petition launched on Change.Org for continued PlayBook Support addressed to John Chen.

14th April - 500 signatures milestone reached.

15th April BlackBerry Public Relations contacted verbally and by email. This channel has since closed as the PR contact has left the company.

22nd April - Campaign Website Savetheplaybook.com live.

7th May BlackBerry Investor Relations contacted by Email.

15th May 800 signatures milestone reached.

20th May @blackberryhelp contacted on Twitter by @SavethePlayBook asking for contact channels and communication from BlackBerry.

During this time @blackberry @CrackBerry tweeted with petition updates without reply, support or acknowledgement.

1 petition retweet from @bbryflow

We also have a Business user on our campaign team who opened a problem ticket with BlackBerry for continued PlayBook Business support. No reply.

The team that worked on this campaign tried their best and thanks to all the efforts from the whole community.

Any suggestions for further BlackBerry contact channels are still welcome.

axllebeer likes this.
    06-04-14 03:56 AM
    Please let's not do a "post mortem" on this petition. I am fairly certain the people running the petition did everything they could to contact Blackberry. Sadly, for any successful communication you need at least two parties and Blackberry quite obviously (and IMHO disgracefully) wasn't willing to participate...
    axllebeer likes this.
    06-04-14 04:16 AM
    Thank's - in regards to the PlayBook it's actually a disturbing pattern of disregard by Blackberry (as well as CrackBerry) which has not changed over the last 12 months.
    06-04-14 08:01 AM
442 ... 15161718