Two hundred dollar tradein. Just how would this work. They did essentially that when you could buy z10 at a substantal discount from BB without sending in or even having a PB. Imagine BB getting 100,000 PBs in tradeins. They could have a yard sale.
    05-13-14 09:54 AM
    Have you signed the petition? Over 800 already have!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

Have you contacted BlackBerry Investor relations, to explain that you need continued PlayBook Support for your Business and Personal use? How integral the PlayBook is to your Phone/Tablet setup is? At the very least most users require continued Maintenance and Security updates? Have you told them how much you love the PlayBook...you are the customer, they are there to listen.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Last edited by PlayBook UK; 05-19-14 at 02:13 PM.
    05-16-14 01:05 AM
    The smart move would have been to offer a trade-in.
    The idea of trade-in MIGHT have worked right after the no-BB10 announcement. At that point in time "we" might have been able to "guilt-trip" Blackberry into such a deal. Now, to them (and apparently to most of "us") it's "water under the bridge".
    05-16-14 03:44 AM
    The idea of trade-in MIGHT have worked right after the no-BB10 announcement. At that point in time "we" might have been able to "guilt-trip" Blackberry into such a deal. Now, to them (and apparently to most of "us") it's "water under the bridge".
    Still a great Tablet, more Apps and Games appearing from BB10. PlayBook BlackBerry World managed now better than ever, haven't you noticed? Campaign remains for continued PlayBook Support. Please sign petition and contact BlackBerry to let them know how important the PlayBook is for your Business and personal use. See above for details! Enjoy the PlayBook!!

05-16-14 01:44 PM
    Quoting me as a basis for your default message: a little too desperate, maybe?
    05-16-14 02:24 PM
    Quoting me as a basis for your default message: a little too desperate, maybe?
    It was the 'water under the bridge' bit... the campaign still goes on!

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 05-16-14 at 03:41 PM.
    05-16-14 03:24 PM
    Okay, if you put it that way, it does make sense...
    05-16-14 03:28 PM
    A
    It has been established quite thoroughly and IMHO convincingly in the past,
    that unlocking the Playbook will never be an option for Blackberry for security reasons.

Belated edit: it has also been more or less established that this community probably wouldn't be up to the challenge. Efforts to get the community to actively participate in further development weren't met with too much enthusiasm "back in the day".
    Fook bbry. They and their bubble wrap illusion of sekourity can kiss my arse

Unlock the pieceo'chit playbook and just see what actual Dev's can do.
    05-17-14 02:45 PM
    It has been discussed "ad nauseam" already: Blackberry will never unlock the Playbook or probably any of their other devices...
    05-17-14 05:14 PM
    The PlayBook saga...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 05:01 AM
    A worthless petition to save a dead device. Guys, this is a 3 years old tablet. Blackberry pulled the plug and they will never going to do anything with the playbook. I already move on and soon I will get a Windows Dell Venue 8 Pro.
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    05-18-14 06:29 AM
    A

Fook bbry. They and their bubble wrap illusion of sekourity can kiss my arse

Unlock the pieceo'chit playbook and just see what actual Dev's can do.
    SOM how did you get cynycl's log in?
    05-18-14 06:36 AM
    A worthless petition to save a dead device. Guys, this is a 3 years old tablet. Blackberry pulled the plug and they will never going to do anything with the playbook. I already move on and soon I will get a Windows Dell Venue 8 Pro.
    Here we go again! No one needs to 'move on' there a great Native and Sideloads available to keep this Multitasking innovative tablet functioning at a top level. Ok it's missing some fad Apps, but so is BB10. In fact even though the hardware is '3 years old' the OS did not mature until about 18 months ago, when probably half of current owners bought the device.

Thank you for signing to keep the Tablet you love working relevant and secure. BlackBerry should be honoured by this petition.

Fire In The Bones likes this.
    05-18-14 08:15 AM
    Here we go again! No one needs to 'move on' there a great Native and Sideloads available to keep this Multitasking innovative tablet functioning at a top level. Ok it's missing some fad Apps, but so is BB10. In fact even though the hardware is '3 years old' the OS did not mature until about 18 months ago, when probably half of current owners bought the device.

Thank you for signing to keep the Tablet you love working relevant and secure. BlackBerry should be honoured by this petition.

It's not missing "some fad apps", it's missing all useful apps.

May the playbook die a slow death lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 10:56 AM
    May the playbook die a slow death lol.
    If that's actually how you feel, you really should support the petition...
    05-18-14 12:20 PM
    I also have the Dell Venue 8 Pro 64 GB version. It's a great way to manage my PlayBook wirelessly. But sadly there is no HDMI out for the Dell, so I still default to my PlayBook for that.
    46Nico40 likes this.
    05-18-14 11:21 PM
    Fcuk the Pb. Move on

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    05-18-14 11:36 PM
    Fcuk the Pb. Move on

That's was constructive.

My PlayBook channel has nearly 300 followers, I don't think that's something to sneeze at.
    Not that I'm trying to start a Channel battle here, but there are people that would vehemently disagree with you.
    05-18-14 11:51 PM
    That's was constructive.

My PlayBook channel has nearly 300 followers, I don't think that's something to sneeze at.
    Not that I'm trying to start a Channel battle here, but there are people that would vehemently disagree with you.
    I know there are folks who vehemently want the PB to flourish again. I get it. My offending days are over. We can all get along. Cheers

05-19-14 02:34 AM
    Happy Monday from PlayBook UK!! Have you signed the petition? Over 800 already have!

Have you contacted BlackBerry Investor relations, to explain that you need continued PlayBook Support for your Business and Personal use? How integral the PlayBook is to your Phone/Tablet setup is? At the very least most users require continued Maintenance and Security updates? Have you told them how much you love the PlayBook...you are the customer, they are there to listen.

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 05-19-14 at 02:12 PM.
    05-19-14 03:13 AM
    I know there are folks who vehemently want the PB to flourish again.
    That seems to be the common misconception amongst those opposing this action: this isn't necessarily about wanting the PB to "flourish again", this is basically and primarily about wanting the PB to survive at all...
    axllebeer and anon(5597702) like this.
    05-19-14 04:42 AM
    Have you contacted BlackBerry Investor Relations by email: [email protected]
    Well - I would not suggest to ask individuals to spam the investor relations mailbox - I just mentioned that address to the initiator of the petition to let the investor relations department know about the petition (i.e. use them as a communication channel of your petition into the company).
    Spamming them would just cause harm ...
    05-19-14 06:08 AM
    Well - I would not suggest to ask individuals to spam the investor relations mailbox - I just mentioned that address to the initiator of the petition to let the investor relations department know about the petition (i.e. use them as a communication channel of your petition into the company).
    Spamming them would just cause harm ...
    No one is suggesting anything of the kind. Certainly not to spam a mailbox. It has been used to communicate the existence of the petition so far, but with no reply.

If you feel that PlayBook Owners should not use the email address to contact BlackBerry that's fine if it's the wrong address for such issues, but do you or does anyone else know of any other channels to BlackBerry to discuss the future PlayBook support for personal and Business customers ?

05-19-14 09:41 AM
    It might be a good idea (as in: a gesture of good will) to edit the mail address out of your previous posts...
    05-19-14 11:31 AM
    I like my PlayBook so do my 2 1/2 year little girl that like to play puzzle games.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 11:48 AM
442 ... 1213141516 ...