Well said!

Maybe this is no longer about the Playbook and more to do with BB the company. People are sick of getting mugged off and just want BB to acknowledge this and offer up some kind of recompense. Offer something ffs, anything! I'm not talking money here.
    They offered a tablet, best thing since sliced bread at a premium. It wasn't but don't worry its a fledgling os just like Bb10 is right now.
    We will get app devs on board and making apps for the playbook they didn't.
    Sorry, don't need to sort out the app situation because we are bringing bb10 to the Playbook. Get one while stocks last.
    In fact actually, no we're not, but don't worry, stick with us because we"ll improve the current os and while you're there get a bb10 phone so you can bridge it with the Playbook. In fact no we're taking away the full bridge functionality.
    Don't panic though because we will be fixing the issues with the existing tablet...hhhmmm no it's eol.
    Hey what do you want a tablet for anyway, yiu can do so much more with a Bb10 phablet.
    Can people please stop talking about the Playbook it's a bit embarrasing. Have the nasty playbook people gone away yet?

No not yet Blackberry, but if you want us to we will. If that's really what you want? Still a lot of love for the device. Losing faith in the company and if Blackberry want to concentrate on third world devices (sorry emerging markets) and companies perhaps it's time for the consumer to look at companies that are more consumer orientated. The worrying thing is when I look at what apps I would really like to see on my Playbook, you still can't get them native on your BB10 device! and the OS has been around for 16 months. That's five years in total BB have had to get devs to take BB devices seriously! Scroll up and see whereabouts in the BB10 fiasco you are now currently at. Wasn't that long ago BB were saying they would be getting devs on board for native apps so the playbook situation wouldn't arise again. Their solution, make it easier to sideload Android apps. Path of least resistance cop out yet again.
    That's why it's important for people to sign the petition, not because you care about the Playbook but to let BB know you're not going to tolerate this ever again or any longer. The next vote I will be making is with my feet. Never before have I bought a product, got a bad service and tried to help them sort it out. I am a fan, not a mug.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    05-08-14 06:12 PM
    Come guys they are from Canada and that is important because that means that 50% of them are French and believe me the French always surrender so we might be able to do this.
    ViBogdan and kbz1960 like this.
    05-08-14 06:23 PM
    Ok that made me laugh lol.

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"

Come guys they are from Canada and that is important because that means that 50% of them are French and believe me the French always surrender so we might be able to do this.
    kbz1960 and madman0141 like this.
    05-08-14 06:25 PM
    Maybe this is no longer about the Playbook and more to do with BB the company. People are sick of getting mugged off and just want BB to acknowledge this and offer up some kind of recompense. Offer something ffs, anything! I'm not talking money here.
    They offered a tablet, best thing since sliced bread at a premium. It wasn't but don't worry its a fledgling os just like Bb10 is right now.
    Sorry, don't need to sort out the app situation because we are bringing bb10 to the Playbook. Get one while stocks last. I am a fan, not a mug.
    Well said AWB70. A good summary of where we are with the PlayBook and BlackBerry.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-08-14 11:27 PM
    Your comment is outdated and pos..

Q10 on T-Mobile
    Wow must have taken you hours to think of that answer! Stop jumping on the bandwagon, no one cares about the ****book

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 02:57 AM
    Wow must have taken you hours to think of that answer! Stop jumping on the bandwagon, no one cares about the ****book
    Wow must have taken you hours to think of that answer! Stop assuming you're stating the obvious, when you're clearly not...
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-09-14 03:08 AM
    Made it to 216.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 03:18 AM
    Sign here for the last chance to 'save the PlayBook'

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

05-09-14 03:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have a PlayBook what the hex is a ****book? Ahhhh you got me!
    05-09-14 06:09 PM
    BlackBerry needs to design and build a new tablet, the BlackBerry BlackPad, running BlackBerry OS 10 with the layout of the current BlackBerry Tablet OS 2. The BlackBerry Z Series are very nice but no substitute for a tablet.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    AWB70 likes this.
    05-09-14 06:14 PM
    For sure. Staying away from the tablet scene will drive people away from the phone market.
    I guess many people just like one brand and everything linked together nicely. BlackBerry pioneered this at one point then dropped the ball. I know they are at a point financially speaking where they are trying to restructure buy battening down the hatches and limiting products because they got burned once before will just stifle growth.
    Learn off it, build off it and get back in the saddle before their existing customers start thinking the BlackBerry is not a company to deal with for your tech needs.
    Like someone mentioned earlier if they can get bb10 running on low tech z3 it isn't going to take much to put together a �150 pound tablet with bb10 running.
    In fact, considering the z30 is no more than the guts of a z10 in a different shell what we're actually looking at here is building a case. The hardware is already on stock, the os is already built it just needs a case to put it in and blackberry are back in the tablet market.
    Oh and update the PlayBook with the new android. Everyone gets what they want.
    If blackberry want the old PlayBook to go away the easiest solution would be to unlock it. Not force this option onto everyone, an optional download. If you want to keep what you have now keep it, anyone else can download the patch. Big disclaimer off blackberry "the patch you are now installing will unlock the security features of the PlayBook, BlackBerry will not provide any further support for this device, install at your own risk "
    Wouldn't do them any harm to realise that this hardware belongs to me not them!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 05:06 AM
    In fact now that I think about it perhaps that should be the motive of the petition. Add into the petition if blackberry are no longer wanting anything to do with my tablet that you lied about I no longer want blackberry to have anything to do with MY tablet. Release our tablets and we can all go our own way. If they've made a balls of it let us have a go because to be honest, we're more interested than they are and showing more commitment to it.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 05:16 AM
    What are the minimum hardware requirements for Ubuntu on tablets?

Ubuntu runs well on today’s low-end tablets – a dual core Cortex A9 processor or similar, 1GB RAM, 8GB of storage and a multi-touch display are all that is needed
    You decide It's the absolute minimum salvage they could do. Then we can all move over to the ubuntu forum and let them know we have circa 2.5 million tablets with an unlocked boot loader and are interested in installing their OS. I'm sure that would raise interest, Ubuntu get a lot more awareness of their FREE OS, we get use out of our hardware and Blackberry can do.....whatever.
    05-10-14 05:51 AM
    In fact now that I think about it perhaps that should be the motive of the petition. Add into the petition if blackberry are no longer wanting anything to do with my tablet that you lied about I no longer want blackberry to have anything to do with MY tablet. Release our tablets and we can all go our own way. If they've made a balls of it let us have a go because to be honest, we're more interested than they are and showing more commitment to it.

Posted via CB10
    Will never happen due to security of their OS. It would effect the security of BB10.
    05-10-14 06:42 AM
    With due respect I fail to see how. An unlocked tablet would no longer be anything to do with blackberry unless you decided to reinstall 2.1 back onto the system. People who don't unlock their device get exactly what they have now.
    Only needs to have the unlocking app certified by BlackBerry to change the boot loader. I'm not talking running alongside here I'm talking wiping and starting with a new os. That ability was already there before they locked it down in 2.1 so it's not in the realms of fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 09:39 AM
    With due respect I fail to see how. An unlocked tablet would no longer be anything to do with blackberry unless you decided to reinstall 2.1 back onto the system. People who don't unlock their device get exactly what they have now.
    Only needs to have the unlocking app certified by BlackBerry to change the boot loader. I'm not talking running alongside here I'm talking wiping and starting with a new os. That ability was already there before they locked it down in 2.1 so it's not in the realms of fantasy.

Posted via CB10
    Because someone can figure out how to unlock the phones if they did unlock it. How do you think it will work for them if their phones can be rooted and hacked?
    05-10-14 09:44 AM
    From what I understand of the situation the install would need digitally signed by Blackberry so even if someone managed to alter the code it wouldn't work on a Blackberry device anyway. They could spoof the digital signature I suppose but that's probably already the case and no one has done that as yet or we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Arguably Blackberry themselves have already compromised the security of the device by not providing any further security updates (AFAWK) Ironically the device at the moment would actually be safer with another OS installed on it who are still providing updates and enhancements.
    05-10-14 11:51 AM
    From what I understand of the situation the install would need digitally signed by Blackberry so even if someone managed to alter the code it wouldn't work on a Blackberry device anyway. They could spoof the digital signature I suppose but that's probably already the case and no one has done that as yet or we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Arguably Blackberry themselves have already compromised the security of the device by not providing any further security updates (AFAWK) Ironically the device at the moment would actually be safer with another OS installed on it who are still providing updates and enhancements.
    And what does the last part tell you? Tells me there aren't many being used by big business if any at all and maybe they will keep sending security updates if there are.
    05-10-14 11:59 AM
    And what does the last part tell you? Tells me there aren't many being used by big business if any at all and maybe they will keep sending security updates if there are.
    And there lies the million dollar question and the whole point of this petition. As a business user I have not had a reply of Blackberries intentions, nor has anybody else through official channels. The only reason that any of us know about this is because the roadmap site said the OS was declared eol and Crackberry Kev blogged that he had asked if this meant that we could expect another OS version and the answer was no. Who he asked I don't know.
    Blackberry don't seem to want to talk about it hence the petition rammed down their throats to show how many people want to know.
    05-10-14 12:13 PM
    I have a PlayBook what the hex is a ****book? Ahhhh you got me!
    C rack berry censoring certain words, let me spell it out for you.

It's ****e. S H I T E

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 02:38 PM
    No need to spell it out. Most of us got it the first time...
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-10-14 02:56 PM
    Hi all,

I don't post on many blog forums, if at all. However being an active BB user and fond of the user experience that BB has delivered in BB10 devices and the Playbook, I felt I should add to this noble cause and sign.

Now, before certain users go off on a rant claiming this petition is in vain/useless/pointless, look into reality this will never happen or the next <add/insert negative verb from list>. Please bear in mind that there is a significant user base that want a BB tablet and the Playbook is all we have at the moment, so please be mature and don't turn this post into a flame war. This forum was to cater for all BB users and abusers (no pun intended from your book Kevin).

Some users have made some valid points (I won't go and quote them all, since this post is at the moment only 13 pages long) about the Z30 is pretty much a tablet on its' own and being an owner and user of a BB Z30 I tend to agree.

In saying that, I would like RIM/Blackberry to perhaps launch a global (hey now BB do sell to other countries than just UK, Indonesia or Nth America, we too in Australia are craving for BB) limited number of a next gen Playbook with similar specs to say any BB10 (BB Z30 being a nice example) but with say the size dimensions of the current 7" Playbook.

Then gauging on the response on how the limited run goes from both a consumer and enterprise perspective RIM/Blackberry would have more intelligence into deciding to continue on the tablet bandwagon and decide let's continue support for this type of device and launch more devices and more profit/revenue.

Alternatively, if this limited production run obtained little response from the market they can proclaim "See we were correct to EOL the Playbook" and the user base can move on to Android offerings or iOS tablets.

So there you have my opinion. Use it as you want, be it as food for thought or go on a rant, it doesn't detract or lower my character and manners to others. Ranting on or posting negative comments in a derogatory manner only reflects the character and manners of you.

I'm out.....
    AWB70 likes this.
    05-10-14 06:26 PM
    No security and maintenance, if that's what we're dealing with, on a BlackBerry device many purchased just 18 months ago isn't good enough. We need an official statement from BlackBerry concerning the PlayBook. A device many rely on daily for Business and personal use.

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 05-12-14 at 11:48 PM.
    05-12-14 11:14 PM
    Actually, just over 20% of Canadians are French but the point is still funny.
    05-13-14 04:22 AM
    The smart move would have been to offer a trade-in. Give a $200 trade in allowance on any working PlayBook towards a new BB10 device. Would have helped move BB10 devices, build the BB10 Platform a little and would get rid of a throne in BlackBerry's side. The PlayBook could be a forgotten memory just like the STORM. I'm sure a few would prefer to stick with heir three year old unsupported tablet, but they wouldn't be able to blame BlackBerry anymore.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-13-14 09:33 AM
442 ... 1112131415 ...