That's it folks!
    Thank you for that explanation. That really helps (and actually wants me to take back my remark about unsigning the petition). The first thing you could do is add this post or something similar to your website. give visitors an idea that something is still happening. I am not very optimistic about the chances of all this, but I am willing to put a little more than the obvious cynical 2 cents on the table.
    Hmm, let me think about it...
    05-02-14 02:50 PM
    I still see some BlackBerry ads in this part of Southeast Asia for the Z30, including a big billboard touting the phone's quad core SoC, big screen and... nothing else. "Keep Moving" to irrelevance, I'd say.

I haven't seen a single BB10 for PB leak (not counting the useless Dev Alpha leaks) although it's been over a year since that ***** Heins officially buried the PB. There's probably no one left to work on the PlayBook. This petition might get some sympathy from BBRY management but without engineers to work on it, don't expect any results.
    05-02-14 08:25 PM
    I have signed the petition. Any more time I spend "campaigning" isn't going to be worth the return, if any. I bought my 64 GB PlayBook used for $50, so I feel for those who bought it at full price. But at some point, one has to cut their losses and move on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-06-14 10:17 AM
    I have signed the petition. Any more time I spend "campaigning" isn't going to be worth the return, if any. I bought my 64 GB PlayBook used for $50, so I feel for those who bought it at full price. But at some point, one has to cut their losses and move on.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Thank you, we will save the PlayBook!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    05-07-14 04:11 AM
    2. I had contacted someone at BlackBerry UK, from the public relations department sent an email to him....
    You might want to send information about the petition to [email protected] - I assume they are quite sensitive about that.
    05-07-14 04:24 AM
    I don't think this petition will come to anything tbh. BlackBerry is already struggling and has outlined it's move to MDM and not to consumers. A petition with a mere thousand or twothousand signatures won't change their mind, because the device does not bring any profit.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 04:33 AM
    I don't think this petition will come to anything tbh. BlackBerry is already struggling and has outlined it's move to MDM and not to consumers. A petition with a mere thousand or twothousand signatures won't change their mind, because the device does not bring any profit.

Posted via CB10
    I understand that, but it would do great for customer relations! PlayBook Owners are some of Blackberry's most loyal they preach BlackBerry to all they meet, then that's quite a lot of free publicity and sales = �

05-07-14 04:43 AM
    You might want to send information about the petition to [email protected] - I assume they are quite sensitive about that.
    Thank you Schwede, I have just forwarded my original mail onto the above department. This is exactly the sort of useful input we need from the community to move this forward.

05-07-14 04:53 AM
    I think it all depends on what you ultimately aim for: prolonged "full support" (or even active development) would seem out of the question, I agree, "life support", as in security updates and such, shouldn't pose too much of a problem "logistically" and does seem to be a fair request for the loyal user base to make.
    05-07-14 05:12 AM
    I personally think BlackBerry may not attend to the petition, but if of any consolation, I signed it, hoping a miracle would happen under Mr. Chen since they claimed that 10.3 for Bb10 is based on "we hear you"

Z10 10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 05:13 AM
    since they claimed that 10.3 for Bb10 is based on "we hear you"
    There is, however, a clear difference between "we hear you" and "we actually listen"...
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-07-14 05:16 AM
    Signatures are still rising.. this campaign is not going anywhere without a confirmation of the PlayBook situation from BlackBerry. The PlayBook community deserve that at the very least. Sign here to show your PlayBook love! We only need 36 to reach 800!!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

05-07-14 01:13 PM
    Still no word whatsoever from Blackberry? That's harsh, but it's probably a good indication how much they still "care", so I would urge you to downsize your expectations of this (and I mean that as friendly advice). You can and probably should go on, just with lower expectations.
    05-07-14 01:26 PM
    PlayBook is an outdated pos. Why not ask for a new PlayBook instead

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 01:27 PM
    PlayBook is an outdated pos

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your well thought out and informative input.

Posted via CB10
    Hirazi Blue and anon(5597702) like this.
    05-07-14 01:30 PM
    OMG what other community longs after a dead tablet the company can't stand and killed off? The damn thing is over 3 years old ready. If anything you all should be asking for a new tablet not support for an old dying piece of tech.

Ok, maybe HP touchpad but that has support from a community not HP. There can be not support from another community for pb cause it's locked.
    WorldwideRemix likes this.
    05-07-14 01:36 PM
    Communities longing for legacy devices aplenty, tablets may not be around long enough to qualify for these true "forums of broken dreams", though.

Edit: I for one am actually part of an internet community that still "pines" for a product by a company that went out of business in 1983. Silly me...
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 05-07-14 at 02:15 PM.
    05-07-14 01:42 PM
    Where do I sign.. just bought my own to go along with my Q10..

Q10 on T-Mobile
    05-07-14 08:42 PM
    Your comment is outdated and pos..

Q10 on T-Mobile
    05-07-14 08:43 PM
    Where do I sign.. just bought my own to go along with my Q10..

Q10 on T-Mobile
    Right here my friend.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition..._source=guides

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"
    05-07-14 09:01 PM
    OMG what other community longs after a dead tablet the company can't stand and killed off? The damn thing is over 3 years old ready. If anything you all should be asking for a new tablet not support for an old dying piece of tech.

Ok, maybe HP touchpad but that has support from a community not HP. There can be not support from another community for pb cause it's locked.
    This is why I would rather ask BB to unlock the PlayBook. Let the community do the rest and let BB get on with their plans.
    Cynycl likes this.
    05-08-14 02:53 AM
    This is why I would rather ask BB to unlock the PlayBook. Let the community do the rest and let BB get on with their plans.
    It has been established quite thoroughly and IMHO convincingly in the past,
    that unlocking the Playbook will never be an option for Blackberry for security reasons.

Belated edit: it has also been more or less established that this community probably wouldn't be up to the challenge. Efforts to get the community to actively participate in further development weren't met with too much enthusiasm "back in the day".
    Last edited by Hirazi Blue; 05-08-14 at 05:24 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-08-14 04:39 AM

I understand, but not all PlayBooks were purchased on day one and the PlayBook was not really complete until OS 2.0, after which most PlayBooks we're probably sold.

Last edited by PlayBook UK; 05-08-14 at 01:11 PM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-08-14 12:32 PM
    Thank You Sir. : )
    Tis Signed.

Q10 on T-Mobile
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    05-08-14 01:09 PM
    Maybe this is no longer about the Playbook and more to do with BB the company. People are sick of getting mugged off and just want BB to acknowledge this and offer up some kind of recompense. Offer something ffs, anything! I'm not talking money here.
    They offered a tablet, best thing since sliced bread at a premium. It wasn't but don't worry its a fledgling os just like Bb10 is right now.
    We will get app devs on board and making apps for the playbook they didn't.
    Sorry, don't need to sort out the app situation because we are bringing bb10 to the Playbook. Get one while stocks last.
    In fact actually, no we're not, but don't worry, stick with us because we"ll improve the current os and while you're there get a bb10 phone so you can bridge it with the Playbook. In fact no we're taking away the full bridge functionality.
    Don't panic though because we will be fixing the issues with the existing tablet...hhhmmm no it's eol.
    Hey what do you want a tablet for anyway, yiu can do so much more with a Bb10 phablet.
    Can people please stop talking about the Playbook it's a bit embarrasing. Have the nasty playbook people gone away yet?

No not yet Blackberry, but if you want us to we will. If that's really what you want? Still a lot of love for the device. Losing faith in the company and if Blackberry want to concentrate on third world devices (sorry emerging markets) and companies perhaps it's time for the consumer to look at companies that are more consumer orientated. The worrying thing is when I look at what apps I would really like to see on my Playbook, you still can't get them native on your BB10 device! and the OS has been around for 16 months. That's five years in total BB have had to get devs to take BB devices seriously! Scroll up and see whereabouts in the BB10 fiasco you are now currently at. Wasn't that long ago BB were saying they would be getting devs on board for native apps so the playbook situation wouldn't arise again. Their solution, make it easier to sideload Android apps. Path of least resistance cop out yet again.
    That's why it's important for people to sign the petition, not because you care about the Playbook but to let BB know you're not going to tolerate this ever again or any longer. The next vote I will be making is with my feet. Never before have I bought a product, got a bad service and tried to help them sort it out. I am a fan, not a mug.
    05-08-14 05:33 PM
442 ... 1011121314 ...