The problem with both BB10 and PB app stores is that they don't have quality or quantity. I've given up on the PlayBook, BB10 and BlackBerry in general because the company simply doesn't have a clue when it comes to dealing directly with customers. They keep harping on security and enterprise features but face it, how many enterprises are even deploying BB10?

Sorry, for me the PlayBook is beyond salvation. Been there, got burned, and now never again... I'll give my money to a company that understands how important software is, instead of treating it as an afterthought. I can get a Windows tablet for less than an Android tablet or iPad and get a lot more stuff done, things that a PlayBook could only dream of.
    04-28-14 10:38 PM
    Please can you retweet to increase coverage of the petition. Several new tweets for the petition at @PlaybookUnitedK

Over 700 signatures now!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-29-14 11:32 AM
    I believe I've already asked this before, but what's "your' goal in this?
    The petition might gain weight from larger numbers, but not all that much, I'm afraid.
    If they want to ignore us at say 900, they still will ignore us at 1200 for instance...
    Reminder: this is meant as positive criticism...
    04-29-14 02:02 PM
    I believe I've already asked this before, but what's "your' goal in this?
    The petition might gain weight from larger numbers, but not all that much, I'm afraid.
    If they want to ignore us at say 900, they still will ignore us at 1200 for instance...
    Reminder: this is meant as positive criticism...
    I understand, but it's always important to keep signing and keep the momentum going.

We are still trying to get some sort of reply back from BlackBerry for the PlayBook. Thanks for your continued support.

05-01-14 05:05 AM
    Why saving? I just would sign for a new BlackBerry 10 Tablet..

We need one pro and one kindle like one.. for ~ 150 usd...

Visit my Channel C00121417 ?
    05-01-14 05:19 AM
    Why saving? I just would sign for a new BlackBerry 10 Tablet..

We need one pro and one kindle like one.. for ~ 150 usd...

Visit my Channel C00121417 ?
    Because BlackBerry destroyed the trust that most PlayBook owners had in BlackBerry. Many people decided not to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 because of it, and I highly doubt many would purchase a new BlackBerry tablet either.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 01:58 PM
    Because BlackBerry destroyed the trust that most PlayBook owners had in BlackBerry. Many people decided not to upgrade to BlackBerry 10 because of it, and I highly doubt many would purchase a new BlackBerry tablet either.

Posted via CB10
    STORM
    9650 (was a good solid device - but was far behind in capabilities)
    PlayBook
    Z10

Why stop now....
    05-01-14 03:54 PM
    I fail to see why BB aren't supporting PB or coming up with a new model. I have one and would like another, but I'm holding off because BB doesn't seem to know what it's doing. I prefer the size of them and like the design. They are solid wee things and take a lot of punishment. For business folk, they are ideal. I prefer them to my ipad. I have a Z10, too and would like to stay loyal, but if they don't make up their mind to support PB, then I'll have to get something else, probably a Toughpad for work, but I'd prefer to see PB there. Signed because BB need to know how we feel, even if, in the end, PB ends up being just a glorified e-reader, and that would be a great pity.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    05-01-14 05:37 PM
    I fail to see why BB aren't supporting PB or coming up with a new model. I have one and would like another, but I'm holding off because BB doesn't seem to know what it's doing. I prefer the size of them and like the design. They are solid wee things and take a lot of punishment. For business folk, they are ideal. I prefer them to my ipad. I have a Z10, too and would like to stay loyal, but if they don't make up their mind to support PB, then I'll have to get something else, probably a Toughpad for work, but I'd prefer to see PB there. Signed because BB need to know how we feel, even if, in the end, PB ends up being just a glorified e-reader, and that would be a great pity.
    Thank you for signing. We are continuing to ask BlackBerry for an answer to the PlayBook Continued support question and to recognise the PlayBook Petition. Every signature can only help.

The Campaign Website is:

http://savetheplaybook.com/

To sign the petition:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

05-02-14 04:39 AM
    The "Campaign Website" could really use some more attention, especially something more recent that 17/04/14, if you want to come across as a "vibrant" campaign. So far I only see posts begging for more signatures, not much else...
    anon(5597702) and PlayBook UK like this.
    05-02-14 07:12 AM
    The "Campaign Website" could really use some more attention, especially something more recent that 17/04/14, if you want to come across as a "vibrant" campaign. So far I only see posts begging for more signatures, not much else...
    Thanks for your input, I will pass your comments on and discuss with site owner.

05-02-14 08:27 AM
    Thanks for your input, I will pass your comments on and discuss with site owner.
    This whole action you've got going here seems to be a textbook case for noncommittal. Asking for more signatures in every other post might get people's hopes up, but it won't get anything done...
    05-02-14 08:36 AM

Uhm... "pass your comments on"?!

Is Save The PlayBook some sort of multinational corporation, complete with red tape? I'm sure there's a maximum of two of you!

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX and Cynycl like this.
    05-02-14 08:47 AM

Is Save The PlayBook some sort of multinational corporation, complete with red tape? I'm sure there's a maximum of two of you!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-02-14 11:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Actually that would be incorrect.

Posted from my CB via the power of "Q"
    05-02-14 12:17 PM
    This plot doesn't even thicken. Too much mystery, I'm starting to wish I could unsign the petition, as it clearly isn't going anywhere...
    05-02-14 12:56 PM
    This plot doesn't even thicken. Too much mystery, I'm starting to wish I could unsign the petition, as it clearly isn't going anywhere...
    The petition to save the PlayBook is "being worked on" and will be delivered "soon"!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:59 PM
    There is no mystery, not a multinational corporation or a secret society! Just a few members trying to help save the PlayBook support. We have day jobs to. So trying to find the time to keep the campaign going.

New ideas how to do move forward always welcome. Why not discuss here and now in this thread?

05-02-14 01:21 PM
    There is no mystery, not a multinational corporation or a secret society! Just a few members trying to help save the PlayBook support.
    That's not the kind of mystery I was talking about. It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to smell a rat...
    05-02-14 01:25 PM
    I'm as frustrated with lack of results so far, but we are trying our best
    I asked for retweets on twitter to raise awareness last week. I got 1 retweet. It's easy to criticise from an armchair!

05-02-14 01:28 PM
    It's easy to criticise from an armchair!
    Ouch. But it's only fair that you strike back a little!
    I think you should consider taking the focus away from the petition for a bit and focus
    on additional ways to press the point home,
    ways you can ask the community for direct assistance in, where possible...
    05-02-14 01:36 PM
    Ouch. But it's only fair that you strike back a little!
    I think you should consider taking the focus away from the petition for a bit and focus
    on additional ways to press the point home,
    ways you can ask the community for direct assistance in, where possible...
    Thanks, enjoyed that strike, but not too much! Lol

I really think with the coverage the petition has achieved a good result so far. Considering no help from CrackBerry.

I agree Hirazi, the stage is now with YOU....the PlayBook Community to come up with new positive ideas on how to move this campaign forward. What can YOU do to move the campaign forward? How can we ALL help?

05-02-14 01:53 PM
    I agree Hirazi, the stage is now with YOU....the PlayBook Community to come up with new positive ideas on how to move this campaign forward. What can YOU do to move the campaign forward? How can we ALL help?
    Indeed, but that's why I have been going on and on about mystery and secrecy. The community needs to have an idea what has already been tried, who has already been contacted and that kind of things. It would seem clear, the petition alone won't cut it. It might still play an important part, but it's not the only course of action that should be taken. For now: focus on the options left to you apart from the petition and bring the petition into play once you need "firepower"...
    05-02-14 02:01 PM
    Indeed, but that's why I have been going on and on about mystery and secrecy. The community needs to have an idea what has already been tried, who has already been contacted and that kind of things. It would seem clear, the petition alone won't cut it. It might still play an important part, but it's not the only course of action that should be taken. For now: focus on the options left to you apart from the petition and bring the petition into play once you need "firepower"...
    Ok, yes I agree the petition is now a good foundation. So this us the story so far:

1. We have a Save the PlayBook Website and Petition (747 signatures).

2. I had contacted someone at BlackBerry UK, from the public relations department sent an email to him after discussion about petition, called back a week later to be told he'd left the company. I was given another name then put through. I then left a message and they never came back to me. Now you can't get in touch with anyone in UK as support number diverts through to South East Asia and they have no internal directory even if you have a name.

3. We have a business user who has put in a request for confirmation that the PlayBook will still receive Security updates. Awaiting feedback.

4. I have tried to get twitter going with retweets about the campaign and received little support from the community even after requesting here and on Playbook UK.

That's it folks!

We obviously need more hands in deck. So what can YOU do for the campaign. Ideas please? Report your results back to this thread?

anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-02-14 02:22 PM
    Ok, yes I agree the petition is now a good foundation. So this us the story so far:

1. We have a Save the PlayBook Website and Petition (747 signatures).

2. I had contacted someone at BlackBerry UK, from the public relations department sent an email to him after discussion about petition, called back a week later to be told he'd left the company. I was given another name then put through. I then left a message and they never came back to me. Now you can't get in touch with anyone in UK as support number diverts through to South East Asia and they have no internal directory even if you have a name.

3. We have a business user who has put in a request for confirmation that the PlayBook will still receive Security updates. Awaiting feedback.

4. I have tried to get twitter going with retweets about the campaign and received little support from the community even after requesting here and on Playbook UK.

That's it folks!

We obviously need more hands in deck. So what can YOU do for the campaign. Ideas please? Report your results back to this thread?

I don't doubt your efforts for one moment, and it's good that you've tried. But I'm really not sure there's much else that can be done. The signatures you have is probably about the full extent of what can be expected, and if that isn't enough to get BlackBerry's attention, that's pretty much it.

The fact of the matter is, there aren't really that many active PlayBook users left. Ok, perhaps a few business customers, but assuming those also have smartphones... are they really being used regularly?

BlackBerry have fired pretty much everyone to have worked on the PlayBook. Even if they did a u-turn and decided they wanted to continue to provide basic updates, I doubt whether they could.

The game's over. It has been over for some time. It's time to move on.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:28 PM
442 ... 910111213 ...