Seems like petitions can work! Just had an email saying that another petition I took part in was successful. Snap2chat is now going to be allowed into blackberry world. Power to the people

Posted via CB10
    Petitions do work and the BlackBerry PlayBook Petition is going from strength to strength, with support from a dedicated site for PlayBook campaigns http://savetheplaybook.com/

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-23-14 07:14 AM
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-23-14 07:19 AM
    Crackberry Kevin is too busy playing on his gold iPhone to care about the PlayBook lol j/k

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 08:14 AM
    Sign here:

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...ybook-2?utm_ca

04-24-14 02:34 PM
    Oh my i thought you all gave up on this
    04-24-14 02:40 PM
    No, we are only starting. The Save the PlayBook Campaign website is up http://savetheplaybook.com/ ,the petition is pushing through the 700. Keep signing, keep the faith! Enjoy the PlayBook...it's not going anywhere!

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...rry-playbook-2

04-24-14 03:59 PM
    I signed it. I've got issues with it, no doubt, but it is still very much worth using. They really missed a trick with it, too. I've got an 81 year old father who can't get on with new technology and can't stand the Kindle (for example). I showed him the basic features on mine and now he wants one. The gestures came naturally to him and it was easy to read. The keyboard was good enough for him to reply to emails.
    It's still a a frustrating failure. Fantastic bit of hardware, quality feel, but missing stuff that i would have thought was a no brainer. For example, it registers an incoming call. I have the option to turn off the ringer. Why, though, can't I answer the call using the playbook speaker and microphone? It's careless oversight.
    04-24-14 04:14 PM
    It's not a lack of apps that make it frustrating, it's lack of easy ways to do simple stuff. I've alluded to the inability to save pictures that are viewed on the playbook from the phone (how dumb is that) in another thread. Why can't I just drag and drop images on the pb? Why do I have to sort folders on the desktop and port them over?
    Not everyone wants flashy crap. What many people want, still, is well designed, quality hardware that does a limited number of things that are crucial really, really well. Above all, you should not be fighting your machine.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-14 04:18 PM
    BB have screwed up with their 'sudden dropping of support' policy and they deserve to be punished for it ... how do I know they are not going to suddenly stop supporting my Z10 in 6 months to a year? I can't trust them any more. They need to publish a well-known product lifecycle policy like Microsoft do so that you know exactly how long your product will be supported for when you buy it. until they do that I am really cautious about buying any more of BB's products.
    I hear that. When people who really want to be your customers back away because they are afraid of what you will do, then it is time to shut the **** up, pin back your ears, and LISTEN.
    Orange UK likes this.
    04-24-14 04:22 PM
    I'm Signing the petition to save my PlayBook. I also sign this petition in hopes of the Kings making a comeback over the Sharks who have a 3-0 in best of 7. Come on Kings who did it last time I picked you.
    04-24-14 04:42 PM
    Signed
    04-24-14 07:21 PM
    It's not a lack of apps that make it frustrating, it's lack of easy ways to do simple stuff. I've alluded to the inability to save pictures that are viewed on the playbook from the phone (how dumb is that) in another thread. Why can't I just drag and drop images on the pb? Why do I have to sort folders on the desktop and port them over?
    Not everyone wants flashy crap. What many people want, still, is well designed, quality hardware that does a limited number of things that are crucial really, really well. Above all, you should not be fighting your machine.
    The problem you mention is one that absolutely can be overcome without an OS update. When bridged, the PlayBook has access to the phone's filesystem at /blackberry and over wifi SMB file sharing is available on both devices.

Even if you don't like the current way that the devices can transfer files between each other, that doesn't mean that the currently existing features can't be leveraged by a talented developer to make it more presentable to an average person. The bigger failure is the failure to attract and keep the interest of developers.

We were given a canvas to draw on, and everyone spent all their energy bickering about not getting the color they wanted and needing to borrow the other guy's paint instead of using the tools we did have to make stuff. No wonder they axed it.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 07:47 PM
    Four more, just four more and we break through the 700 barrier! What an achievement from the BlackBerry PlayBook community with such limited coverage, but the CrackBerry PlayBook forum, little bit on Twitter, little bit on channels...sign here to save this great device!

http://savetheplaybook.com/

scrapmetal58 likes this.
    04-25-14 02:14 PM
    Can 1000 be broken? I'm sure it could.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 08:02 AM
    Friendly word of advise: the goal of a petition shouldn't ultimately be to get some increasingly magical number of signers. The goal of the petition should be to convince Blackberry of their error in judgment. A few more signatures shouldn't make all that much of a difference anymore...
    04-26-14 09:11 AM
    Friendly word of advise: the goal of a petition shouldn't ultimately be to get some increasingly magical number of signers. The goal of the petition should be to convince Blackberry of their error in judgment. A few more signatures shouldn't make all that much of a difference anymore...
    Not necessarily true.
    In the UK an e-petition with 100,000 signatures will get your petition debated in Parliament so numbers are obviously important.
    Have signed today.
    04-26-14 09:43 AM
    Not necessarily true.
    In the UK an e-petition with 100,000 signatures will get your petition debated in Parliament so numbers are obviously important.
    Have signed today.
    So now we're aiming at a discussion in British Parliament...
    04-26-14 09:45 AM
    Just signed it. As I put on the optional part, I'm not too fussed on BB10 on PlayBook, I just wanna see security updates & possibility of porting ubuntu onto the PB if they don't wanna maintain PBOS anymore. Though as others have mentioned updating the Android runtime would be good too.
    04-26-14 09:48 AM
    So now we're aiming at a discussion in British Parliament...
    Not a bad idea. After all, David Cameron uses a BlackBerry phone. Maybe he can ask Stephen Harper to have a word with Mr Chen.
    04-26-14 10:13 AM
    If freeing Deidre Barlow can be debated in parliament why not this better explain for the non UK residents. She was a character in a TV soap opera wrongly accused of a crime so a petition was set up to free her from prison. It got that many signatures it got discussed in parliament. From what I hear anyway, I don't do soaps.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 05:31 PM
    Over 700 signatures now! Every signature counts!

04-27-14 04:54 PM
    Thank you to the BlackBerry PlayBook Petition mystery donor as yesterday I received this mail from Change Org:

Congratulations! Your petition, ?John Chen: Continued Support for BlackBerry PlayBook,? was just promoted by a supporter in Germany to other users on Change.org

We noticed your petition was gaining momentum and we gave your supporters the opportunity to chip in and help promote it to a wider audience.'

Who's the mystery donor in Germany that has promoted the Petition? It's not...it can't be...could it!!!?

04-28-14 12:43 PM
    The problem you mention is one that absolutely can be overcome without an OS update. When bridged, the PlayBook has access to the phone's filesystem at /blackberry and over wifi SMB file sharing is available on both devices.

Even if you don't like the current way that the devices can transfer files between each other, that doesn't mean that the currently existing features can't be leveraged by a talented developer to make it more presentable to an average person. The bigger failure is the failure to attract and keep the interest of developers.

We were given a canvas to draw on, and everyone spent all their energy bickering about not getting the color they wanted and needing to borrow the other guy's paint instead of using the tools we did have to make stuff. No wonder they axed it.

Posted via CB10
    I really hope they've improved their store for BB10, because the PlayBook store is, imo, a totally amateur operation. Seriously, in what other app store, are the developers set prices only a suggestion? In what other app store, can users leave a single review, and never update it, write a new one, or replace it? In what other app store, are they so hell bent on having applications, that they forcibly approve apps that don't work on the platform, with the developer yelling loudly the whole time, "THIS APP DOESN'T WORK ON THE NEW PLATFORM, YOU CAN'T APPROVE IT"? What other app store continues to sell your apps even after you've removed them? What other app store has a plethora of apps that just plain don't function at all?
    04-28-14 12:58 PM
    I really hope they've improved their store for BB10, because the PlayBook store is, imo, a totally amateur operation. Seriously, in what other app store, are the developers set prices only a suggestion? In what other app store, can users leave a single review, and never update it, write a new one, or replace it? In what other app store, are they so hell bent on having applications, that they forcibly approve apps that don't work on the platform, with the developer yelling loudly the whole time, "THIS APP DOESN'T WORK ON THE NEW PLATFORM, YOU CAN'T APPROVE IT"? What other app store continues to sell your apps even after you've removed them? What other app store has a plethora of apps that just plain don't function at all?
    You can't update or post a new review on the BlackBerry 10 BlackBerry World app either. The Apple App Store is full of crappy, non-functional apps as well. It plagues all app markets, unfortunately. I'd much rather quality over quantity.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 03:12 PM
    Google Play comes to mind, in terms of app stores filled with garbage. Step outside of app stores and you'll find even more junk on PC and consoles, and it's junk people paid more than 99 cents for. Such is life.

Posted via CB10
    04-28-14 03:48 PM
442 ... 89101112 ...