Genuinely, where else do you see this happen in the tech world? BlackBerry should be honoured.
    Whether you don't want blackberry to do anything with the PlayBook or you do ultimately we all appear to be on the same side. Blackberries! Both sides have different opinions but want the company to do well.

I don't see that happening to many brands especially when they're not doing so well.

Posted via CB10
    So true, that's the difference in this Petition, we want BlackBerry to succeed, we have come together, with different opinions, as one voice.

Please continue to spread the word...and get the signatures coming in looks like we will break through the 400 barrier sometime soon. It's not just the signatures it's the comments, they tell a story of how we use the PlayBook in our daily lives.

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-12-14 05:23 AM
    I am all for saving the blackberry playbook! Count me in!
    04-12-14 06:33 AM
    I could have sworn that the UK and the USA spoke a similar language, but now I'm not so sure...
    Defo not, I'm a Scotsman who prob speaks less clear spoken English than you but I can spell correctly :P The English language as we know it didn't die on Independence day...you just think it has, but the rest of the world is not in denial !

Microsoft..its Windows Media Centre not center(ror)

anon(4067838) likes this.
    04-12-14 06:39 AM
    we want BlackBerry to succeed
    That's basically the main problem, "we want BlackBerry to succeed". As a poor Playbook owner (never owned or wanted to own a smartphone of any brand) I felt extremely let down by the company you "want to succeed". They should provide decent service, keep promises to their user base or don't make them, etc.. My prediction: their star might rise again, once they stop treating users like they did...
    Orange UK likes this.
    04-12-14 06:41 AM
    @TheScionicMan & @Orange UK
    Come on, there are plenty of topics to argue about, language shouldn't be one of them, especially on an international forum...
    04-12-14 06:47 AM
    Just received this back from the BlackBerry PlayBook Forum (blackberry.com):

'We have removed your post: The BlackBerry PlayBook Continued Support Petition as it violates the Terms and Conditions of Use of which you agreed when you joined the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

*use the Communication Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);'

04-12-14 07:28 AM
    Wow, that's rich...
    I'd twitter a link to your previous post if I were you, as this is truly amazing.
    04-12-14 07:32 AM
    Wow, that's rich...
    I'd twitter a link to your previous post if I were you, as this is truly amazing.
    Exactly! Would like CrackBerry to run a feature on this petition, they quickly ran one on the thread from the PlayBook asking what Tablet will you get now the PlayBook Is DEAD...we need Pro PlayBook stories like the petition and Pro BlackBerry devices representing the PlayBook community voice!

Orange UK likes this.
    04-12-14 07:46 AM
    I see you've been tweeting with mister Saunders. My own proactive days (see the "Action Thread") are now well behind me, but officially I am still waiting for a response to the proposal I sent him back then (not that I can't guess what that response would have been, but still...).
    04-12-14 07:55 AM
    I think it is good idea to me, I always loved playbook and maybe there will be no OS 10.
    04-12-14 08:02 AM
    Yes we have been trying to get this petition the recognition it deserves. A community coming together for a call for continued BlackBerry PlayBook Support. I know everyone is busy, but can you please use social media to spread the word to the further reaches if the PlayBook and BlackBerry community! The signatures are coming in thick and fast. Thanks for all the support!

04-12-14 09:36 AM
    Don't know why blackberry shut the post down. Surely you're providing important customer feedback foc in your time and expense!
    Blackberry should be proud of your devotion, as a goodwill gesture Chen should prove his commitment to the company by only using a PlayBook and BB10 device to conduct his business. I'm sure we'd see some updates then

Posted via CB10
    Orange UK and PlayBook UK like this.
    04-12-14 12:23 PM
    @TheScionicMan & @Orange UK
    Come on, there are plenty of topics to argue about, language shouldn't be one of them, especially on an international forum...
    Ah hem...American English is not a language, its a regional dialect

Thats coming from a Scots English speaker, but I still spell proper and despise the English government, if ye ken whit ey mean like

Love my fellow crackberriers more than my south midlands and southern west poms... they behave like BB executives with their attitude towards consumers, not all - granted - but most
    04-12-14 01:11 PM

'We have removed your post: The BlackBerry PlayBook Continued Support Petition as it violates the Terms and Conditions of Use of which you agreed when you joined the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

*use the Communication Service in connection with surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise);'

Cheeky BAR STEAWARDS
    04-12-14 01:12 PM
    Exactly! Would like CrackBerry to run a feature on this petition, they quickly ran one on the thread from the PlayBook asking what Tablet will you get now the PlayBook Is DEAD...we need Pro PlayBook stories like the petition and Pro BlackBerry devices representing the PlayBook community voice!

Come on get a tweet out there, lets shame the BAR STEWARDS.. consumers bring down companies not just PROconsumers
    04-12-14 01:14 PM
    Don't know why blackberry shut the post down. Surely you're providing important customer feedback foc in your time and expense!
    Blackberry should be proud of your devotion, as a goodwill gesture Chen should prove his commitment to the company by only using a PlayBook and BB10 device to conduct his business. I'm sure we'd see some updates then

Posted via CB10
    Did we ever see a BB executive in the real world use a PB ? Doesn't say much they knew the PBOS wasn't upto its job..
    04-12-14 01:15 PM
    A while back there was this rumor (or was it in an actual interview, I can't recall) that Blackberry was seriously exploring the possibility to remove itself from the consumer market altogether. As the company never seemed very well-equiped to actually deal with end-users this didn't actually sound like such a bad idea. Asking mister Chen for a goodwill gesture like you propose wouldn't quite fit into the general company indifference, I'm afraid...

And BTW, I think mister Heins got all the remaining Playbooks as part of the settlement (he loved tablets, as we all know...)
    04-12-14 01:30 PM

Surely they violated us by removing support first - in a week HeartBleed proves hardware users need OS updates for a hardware life expectancy of say 6 years.
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-12-14 03:15 PM
    Did we ever see a BB executive in the real world use a PB ? Doesn't say much they knew the PBOS wasn't upto its job..
    Playbook-Best Ninja tablet in the market!! If you can spot it. Better yet if you can find one
    OEM Playbook keyboard is even rarer find. Will worth something down the road.......
    04-12-14 03:59 PM
    Surely they violated us by removing support first - in a week HeartBleed proves hardware users need OS updates for a hardware life expectancy of say 6 years.
    Unfortunately we do not have that kind of law or regulation on this side of the pond. That's why we do not build anything to last.
    04-12-14 04:00 PM
    Unfortunately we do not have that kind of law or regulation on this side of the pond. That's why we do not build anything to last.
    PMSL...

Sale of Goods Act UK states it must be fit for purpose for approx upto 6 years, its questionable if the refusal to update security as a essential for 6 years could be forced on Blackberry in a court that the device fufils its requirements under the SOG Act...but its certainly plausible same as EU Directive for Consumer protection that a BB CEO induced sales of Playbook lying about BB10 OS upgrade.

Blackberry Europe trades from the UK head office in Slough.

All it takes is a small claims court, preferable in Scotland as this sets a precedence in UK law at a Sheriffs Court up north where small claims courts are administered.
    04-12-14 04:10 PM
    Done and happy that our community is still fighting for the PlayBook.

Cheers...

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer and Kowal like this.
    04-12-14 04:13 PM
    Done and happy that our community is still fighting for the PlayBook.

Cheers...

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for signing Haytham.

Also thanks tonight to BlackBerry Nigeria for the support C0009EF62
    Thank you BlackBerry DNB for your support C00205E5F
    Thank you @bbryflow for the retweet.

The petition is growing, let's keep the momentum, with some twitter action to raise coverage. Please do all you can individually. Thanks for the support!

The BlackBerry PlayBook community has come together as one voice. That voice is getter louder as the petition grows.

04-12-14 07:51 PM
    Thank you for signing Haytham.

Also thanks tonight to BlackBerry Nigeria for the support C0009EF62
    Thank you BlackBerry DNB for your support C00205E5F
    Thank you @bbryflow for the retweet.

The petition is growing, let's keep the momentum, with some twitter action to raise coverage. Please do all you can individually. Thanks for the support!

The BlackBerry PlayBook community has come together as one voice. That voice is getter louder as the petition grows.

PBUK you need a siggy for the cause...WE can all then copy/paste it into our siggys on every forum we use WWW
    04-12-14 07:59 PM
    I just signed the petition for continued support for the playbook. I fcxkin lovvvvve this tablet lol

BBM: 2B1F4D96 Channel: C00121E43
    axllebeer likes this.
    04-12-14 08:11 PM
442 ... 23456 ...