EDIT, THIS PETITION HAS BEEN CLOSED. Thank you to everyone that spent their time showing your support.

Still love your PlayBook, want to see continued support? Well coming from PlayBook UK and supported by Save The PlayBook, here is the petition. The petition was started by PlayBook UK C001CB4A1 and I'm happy to do my part to spread the word through all my PlayBook social networks. Please sign it and show your support!

I know there are some that think that the effort is futile, and there are plenty of people that want the subject to die already. This thread isn't for you so there is no need for negatively everyone.

The last update was a good one. It showed improved performance across the board. The browser is snappier for example. There are some of you out there that have voiced in the forums that you have had problems with you PlayBook since that update, all the more reason to sign the petition so that a fix can come your way.

This is an effort from the PlayBook Community Group for the possible, not the impossible. We need maintenance updates, and a few tweaks down the road.
    I personally would love to see efforts towards a Bridge Hub.

I love my PlayBook! If you do too then this is for you! Go ahead and sign the petition and follow the channels. Started by PlayBook UK C001CB4A1 and supported by Save The PlayBook! C000EAA94
    Also on twitter @savetheplaybook as well as FaceBook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/Savetheplaybook/

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition..._source=guides
    Help Save the PlayBook! Sign the Petition!-img_20140410_113637.png

Got a question? Want to help? Email us at [email protected] and we will get back to you ASAP! Thanks for your support.
    Cheers.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    Last edited by axllebeer; 05-31-14 at 12:16 AM.
    04-10-14 11:07 AM
    Come on guys, we need to make this happen, get signing, get retweeting, we need the whole BlackBerry community behind this one!!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    04-10-14 11:24 AM
    Can't be bothered, sorry. I've seen another thread try something similar to no avail. You've got to let it go.
    shahyaz and MichealBerry like this.
    04-10-14 11:52 AM
    Like many, unless support continues, BB loyalty towards me will be returned as is - no BB support=BB sales.

Take a minute to sign people, no security updates or runtime upgrade is minimal for BB to provide user owners.
    axllebeer and Shadowyugi like this.
    04-10-14 11:54 AM
    Can't be bothered, sorry. I've seen another thread try something similar to no avail. You've got to let it go.
    You dont knock someone being proactive, a polite no or silence would have been enough...your parents maybe referred to such behaviour as MANNERS
    04-10-14 11:56 AM
    It won't get BB10.. so I find no reason to sign.. sorry guys, I'm busy installing my PlayBook in my car for music and navigation features

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.2141
    46Nico40 and cszita like this.
    04-10-14 11:57 AM
    It won't get BB10.. so I find no reason to sign.. sorry guys, I'm busy installing my PlayBook in my car for music and navigation features

It's your choice, but if you are installing the PlayBook in your car I would say that is a good enough reason to sign. We are not asking for BB10, just Security and updates to the operating system to keep the device running with smoothly.

04-10-14 12:03 PM
    what if it was a $50-100 fee to get it upgraded? I would pay that
    04-10-14 12:04 PM

Sorry but we aren't looking for BB10 on the PlayBook. That's not what this petition is about. Glad to see you are putting your PlayBook to good use though.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-10-14 12:05 PM
    Ok, let's keep the signatures going through the 100 barrier. Once again, please retweet and repost wherever you can to reach all of the BlackBerry Community:

Save The PlayBook BBM channel C000EAA94
    Twitter Save The PlayBook @SavethePlayBook

PlayBook UK BBM channel C001CB4A1
    Twitter PlayBookUK @PlaybookUnitedK

04-10-14 02:36 PM
    How to sign there?

the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
    04-10-14 02:37 PM
    Signed sealed done & delivered, I was #49 there are 51 more needed.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 02:54 PM
    I did too.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 02:59 PM
    BlackBerry didn't care about the 2 Million users when the drop development of BB10 for the PlayBook.... do you really think a few hundred signatures are going to make a difference. You do realize they are fighting to survive the next 12 - 18 months, at which time you whole petition will become mute as it is a futile fight at this point - because BlackBerry doesn't have much of a chance and because most PlayBook batteries will be reaching the end of their lives and it will be a wast to spend $30 - $40 to replace them as most tables will be quad core with 2.5Mhz processors by that time.

You must like Windmills....
    Erik_1991 and cszita like this.
    04-10-14 02:59 PM
    Done

Sent from the phone of the Gods....Z30
    04-10-14 03:01 PM
    BB have screwed up with their 'sudden dropping of support' policy and they deserve to be punished for it ... how do I know they are not going to suddenly stop supporting my Z10 in 6 months to a year? I can't trust them any more. They need to publish a well-known product lifecycle policy like Microsoft do so that you know exactly how long your product will be supported for when you buy it. until they do that I am really cautious about buying any more of BB's products.
    04-10-14 03:09 PM
    You dont knock someone being proactive, a polite no or silence would have been enough...your parents maybe referred to such behaviour as MANNERS
    There were earlier occasions and earlier attempts at positive action that might have had a very slim chance of success, had they been carried by a larger part of the user base. Considering the statement coming from Blackberry, sadly, this is absolutely futile, I'm afraid.
    This isn't me knocking you being proactive BTW, this is called realism. And if you respond this way to mild criticism you might need to talk to your own parents first...
    look_alive likes this.
    04-10-14 03:20 PM
    I'd be more interested in signing a petition for a new playbook. I don't see how Blackberry continuing to support an outdated device is going to help the company survive.
    04-10-14 03:25 PM
    BB have screwed up with their 'sudden dropping of support' policy and they deserve to be punished for it ... how do I know they are not going to suddenly stop supporting my Z10 in 6 months to a year? I can't trust them any more. They need to publish a well-known product lifecycle policy like Microsoft do so that you know exactly how long your product will be supported for when you buy it. until they do that I am really cautious about buying any more of BB's products.
    This is why it's important to sign. This petition is about BlackBerry supporting it's product range, of which the PlayBook is the only Tablet device. How can you stop supporting that....

04-10-14 03:31 PM
    What Blackberry should do instead is try to get users to donate their playbooks to Latin America or Africa or someplace in dire need of learning tools. Strip down the OS so that it's no where near capacity and let them use it for Word, excel, etc..
    In exchange give contributors a discount towards a BB10 device. (some of those Z10's perhaps?) to get some great, inexpensive publicity. Even if they round up 20,000 Playbooks for a good cause, you could help quite a sizeable area of rural schools.

They could partner with some of their suppliers to help with the deliveries. Since Playbooks are updated OTA, they should be able to push an update that way before it's shipped off. Before long our specs will be outdated but not for those with nothing...

With all of the ways we can output our BB10 devices, we may not need tablets much longer. I think my Z30 is the perfect size.
    Shadowyugi and Bbnivende like this.
    04-10-14 03:40 PM
    Signed it cause why not.

I have a playbook gathering dust I've been wanting to make use of.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    04-10-14 04:15 PM
    Ditto ^

Z10 until Z30
    04-10-14 05:02 PM
    There were earlier occasions and earlier attempts at positive action that might have had a very slim chance of success, had they been carried by a larger part of the user base. Considering the statement coming from Blackberry, sadly, this is absolutely futile, I'm afraid.
    This isn't me knocking you being proactive BTW, this is called realism. And if you respond this way to mild criticism you might need to talk to your own parents first...
    I wasn't aware anybody was anyone doing criticising...just BlackBerry, I merely said don't attack proactive behaviour (like a BB senior management employee)

Exactly why I said that was my parent/s was a victorian woman, who always sought to remind anyone of negative behaviour against anyone that was unjustified needed reminding of how humanity works....communication, or keep them lips shut.

04-10-14 05:06 PM
    Come on only 21 needed )

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 05:08 PM
    Come on only 21 needed )

Posted via CB10
    If only BB had gave us a standalone PlayBookMessenger...
    04-10-14 05:11 PM
442 123 ...