Hi all, my new playbook arrived yesterday and I have spent several hours this afternoon going through various websites finding out how to sideload the kindle app as this is something I really do need to be able to use. Trouble is nothing I have done has actually worked - I have downloaded the DDPB thingy, and downloaded the right kindle thing, used the DDPB to try and load it on the playbook, it says it has installed, but then doesn't show on the playbook. I have tried downloading it directly on to the PB but no joy - when I try to use the the download it says application no supported. Getting more and more confused and frustrated by this. Any simple tips would be much appreciated.
    It's running OS 2.1
    thanks in advance xxx
    10-07-12 12:52 PM
    Try swiping up on the homescreen and make sure it's not at the bottom of the screen (which is where it should be).
    10-07-12 01:32 PM
    10-07-12 01:32 PM
    Try swiping up on the homescreen and make sure it's not at the bottom of the screen (which is where it should be).
    If only it were so simple! I wish it were there!
    10-07-12 01:54 PM
    Thanks, I have just done so... and will keep on looking until I get what I want/need! lol!
    esk369 likes this.
    10-07-12 01:55 PM
    10-07-12 03:09 PM
    If all else fails try YouTube I have found pretty much everything there.
    10-07-12 04:54 PM
    Hi! I've just posted a related post there : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7666147

The best tutorial I've used for DDPB is : UPDATED: [PlayBook] Side Load PlayBook Apps/Android Apps (Windows) BerryReview Forums

Has worked very well for months for me, but SOMETIMES I had to Uninstall and Reinstall when the icon didn't show up at the last position as it should.

Edit for clarity :
    1. In DDPB, select one app and click Install
    2. DDPB works... and says "OK"
    3. I don't see the new icon at the end of the homescreen
    4. Click Uninstall (note: not sure if this step is compulsory, but it worked many times, haven't tried without)
    5. DDPB works... and says OK
    6. Click Install
    7. DDPB works... and says OK, and this time I've got the icon and can launch the app!

Don't use Kindle myself, so can't comment on that, but I've read many satisfied comments: keep at it, it should install, eventually deconnect, reboot, reconnect and reinstall once or twice, it should "stick"!

Hope you'll get it working!
    Last edited by playbookpa; 10-07-12 at 05:17 PM.
    DC506 likes this.
    10-07-12 05:06 PM
    You were in development mode. You have the right/correct/current version of Java installed on your computer (that one has caught some users).
    10-07-12 07:23 PM
    Hi! I've just posted a related post there : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post7666147

The best tutorial I've used for DDPB is : UPDATED: [PlayBook] Side Load PlayBook Apps/Android Apps (Windows) BerryReview Forums

Has worked very well for months for me, but SOMETIMES I had to Uninstall and Reinstall when the icon didn't show up at the last position as it should.

Edit for clarity :
    1. In DDPB, select one app and click Install
    2. DDPB works... and says "OK"
    3. I don't see the new icon at the end of the homescreen
    4. Click Uninstall (note: not sure if this step is compulsory, but it worked many times, haven't tried without)
    5. DDPB works... and says OK
    6. Click Install
    7. DDPB works... and says OK, and this time I've got the icon and can launch the app!

Don't use Kindle myself, so can't comment on that, but I've read many satisfied comments: keep at it, it should install, eventually deconnect, reboot, reconnect and reinstall once or twice, it should "stick"!

Hope you'll get it working!
    Thanks for your reply. I have just looked at the link you posted, the first thing it says is that sideloading only works with OS2.0, if this is right I am guessing that sideloading is just not going to work with mine which is OS2.1? I wonder if anyone has successfully sideloaded android/kindle apps onto OS2.1?
    10-09-12 02:36 AM
    Sideloading works with 2.0. Sideloading works with 2.1. Further sideloading worked with 1.0. I'm running OS 2.1, and I have successfully sideloaded Kindle and 30 to 40 other android apps.
    10-09-12 05:09 AM