Hi everyone,

I started digging on how to develop a program on my Playbook. I assume that the easiest way to develop is HTML5. I know close to nothing in programing...

Am I assuming the good thing or is there an easier way?
    As far as I know about HTML5, it is used to make website, does this means that I can not create a local application on my playbook?

Is there anything else I am missing? Feel free to drop in any suggestions...
    08-26-13 10:59 AM
    Hi everyone,

I started digging on how to develop a program on my Playbook. I assume that the easiest way to develop is HTML5. I know close to nothing in programing...

As far as I know about HTML5, it is used to make website, does this means that I can not create a local application on my playbook?

Is there anything else I am missing? Feel free to drop in any suggestions...
    If you know HTML5 than webworks is the best way to go, as all the syntax's are practically the same
    08-26-13 11:06 AM
    Like I wrote... I don't no anything in any programming language, I am starting totally from scratch.

I assumed that HTML5 was the easiest way to get started.
    08-26-13 11:09 AM
    Hi everyone,

Yes, I personally feel WebWorks (HTML, javascript) is the easiest way to make an app. It's especially nice because you don't have to learn or use an IDE (Programming editor and environment), you can just use your favorite text editor to write and organize your program code.

And yes, javascript is used to power websites, but it's ALSO used to create stand-alone apps. Once the app is packaged and installed onto a device, it behaves like any other app even though "behind the scenes" it's really a web page running in a "headless browser." For the end-user, it's just an app like any other.

The easiest way I've found to learn is to see if you can get BlackBerry's demonstration app(s) downloaded to your computer, then installed and running on your PlayBook. If you can accomplish that, then you have the full cycle of app development working. From there, you can start modifying the demo app to play around with it and see what your changes do, etc.

EDIT: You can start here: http://developer.blackberry.com/html5/
    08-26-13 11:15 AM
    HTML seems a logical choice for a starter like me. However is it the best thing for what I want to do?

I want to create something where I can log things ans access them for future. Some kind of an agenda where I can log entries/comments for a special date.

Does HTML can do such thing or must I go with C++?
    09-26-13 10:46 AM