Hi there all.

I received a Playbook 16GB yesterday for my B'day - but have spent the last 36 hours trying to get the thing to connect to ANYTHING! Not strictly true, we have a wireless connection and the browser side of things is working.

I have an iMac OSX 10.4.11 - pre intel processor so can't upgrade the software any further. This means that I can't update to the required Bluetooth version 2.1+.

Then my hubby and I both have HTC Desire HD phones - we can SEE the playbook on the phones, but can't connect (says paired but we can't actually TRANSFER any data.

We are on the verge of returning the tablet and trying something else, but we rteally like the reviews, esp how strong it is, as we have a very interested 3 year old... Indestructable is key!

Can anyone PLEASE help? We simply want to be able to transfer downloaded music, movies, photos etc between devices? We though we could bridge the problem with the Mac being out of date by connecting our phones to the Mac (that works fine), and then connect the Playbook to the phone - data leapfrogging, if you will...

Many thanks - hope someone out there can help!

Oh - and I did see a post on here where Adam Z I think had used the Playbook as a network to connect to the Mac - didn't work for me..

Felicity
    12-31-11 09:56 AM
    that functionality will not be available until the much anticipated OS2 release, expected in February.
    12-31-11 10:07 AM
    Hi Yunvi - can you expand on that? Thx
    12-31-11 10:16 AM
    You can do it by wifi, found the local IP of your PB, you have to be on the same network, now on your Mac go to connect to server and type "smb://xxx.xxx.x.xxx" without the quote, x=your IP number.Don't forget to allow files sharing on both Mac and PB.
    pkcable and jeffgp like this.
    12-31-11 10:20 AM
    Hi Sergag - I got further this time - thanks! However, it is asking for Name and password to authnticate - and they don't seem to be working - any ideas? Sorry to be to stupid!
    12-31-11 10:31 AM
    Hi again - Sergag!!! You legend! I managed to disable the password and POP - up came the PB mounted on my mac desktop! WHOOHOO!!!
    12-31-11 10:36 AM
    It's threads like this that are THE true spirit of CrackBerry.com. GREAT work Sergag!
    jeffgp and kbz1960 like this.
    12-31-11 10:41 AM
    Might I suggest an Otterbox for curious 3 year olds - definitely protects the innards.

BT Headphones will not work until OS2.
    12-31-11 10:48 AM
    It was a pleasure.
    12-31-11 10:52 AM
    F2 - funnily enough we have decided on an Otterbox - my husband is a farmer here in Wales, and needs something - shall we say manure proof - for his phone - he swears by the Otterbox he has for his HTC!
    12-31-11 11:14 AM
    F2 - funnily enough we have decided on an Otterbox - my husband is a farmer here in Wales, and needs something - shall we say manure proof - for his phone - he swears by the Otterbox he has for his HTC!
    Now that is funny.
    12-31-11 11:18 AM
    Does otterbox make one large enough for the kid???
    12-31-11 12:07 PM
    You can do it by wifi, found the local IP of your PB, you have to be on the same network, now on your Mac go to connect to server and type "smb://xxx.xxx.x.xxx" without the quote, x=your IP number.Don't forget to allow files sharing on both Mac and PB.
    i just got a mac, how do youconnect to server?
    12-31-11 01:50 PM
    while you are in the finder open the Go dropdown menu and the Connect to server menu is there.
    12-31-11 02:24 PM
    Would you mind, retyping what you typed up there but in WELSH? That could be fun.
    12-31-11 02:35 PM
    Would you mind, retyping what you typed up there but in WELSH? That could be fun.
    Here you go - although I am actually an Australian, married to a Welshman! - yn rhyfedd ddigon, rydym wedi penderfynu ar Otterbox - fy ngŵr yn ffermwr yma yng Nghymru, ac mae angen rhywbeth - byddwn yn dweud prawf tail - am ei ff�n - mae'n tyngu gan y Otterbox ganddo am ei HTC!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-03-12 03:07 AM
    Here you go - although I am actually an Australian, married to a Welshman! - yn rhyfedd ddigon, rydym wedi penderfynu ar Otterbox - fy ngŵr yn ffermwr yma yng Nghymru, ac mae angen rhywbeth - byddwn yn dweud prawf tail - am ei ff�n - mae'n tyngu gan y Otterbox ganddo am ei HTC!
    You could have made that up and it would still be convincing from what I've heard and seen of Welsh.
    01-03-12 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD