07-04-13 07:55 AM
32 12
tools
    The usb port was working so no.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    So there goes that theory but something was wrong. I assume you also mean that the original wall charger and cord were still in good shape. The PB wall charger is supposed to put out 1800 milliamps to the battery while the rapid charger can put out 2400 milliamps to the battery but can put out additional to run the PB. When battery voltage is very low the PB limits the charging current to less than 400 milliamps. The voltage has to get to 3.53 volts for rapid charging to start.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

:-D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-03-13 10:14 PM
    Thanks Everyone for the information, BUT the Playbook wasa gift from my sister. As in she used it for a month it died on her and she left it for a year, and gave it to me. She NEVER UPDATED, meaning it still sits at something previous to os1.5.

This is where ive been getting the voltages from. The 3 bottom left points, .84; that middle point and the triangle next to it, 1.52; and top left corner and the bottom far left points, 1.14.
    07-04-13 12:56 AM
    Oh, you are measuring inside the pb?

Ah, I don't know anything about internal readings and where to take them and what they might mean separately or as a whole.

I think you need to read Post 17 again where Mapsonburt seems to know his stuff. Put it back together and try stack charging a few different times.

Or leave it on the charger for DAYS. There have been reports of them restarting after being "abandoned." Possibly they really trickle charged very, very slowly.

Let's see if anyone else has suggestions.

You can also try contacting mapsonburt for ideas?
    07-04-13 01:29 AM
    [QUOTE=dtuivs;8758374]Thanks Everyone for the information, BUT the Playbook wasa gift from my sister. As in she used it for a month it died on her and she left it for a year, and gave it to me. She NEVER UPDATED, meaning it still sits at something previous to os1.5.

Well thats great and all but not the usual way to check if it's charging the battery.
    07-04-13 01:30 AM
    What would be the "proper" way of checking the voltage? or progress?

i've been using the Rapid charger to stack charge the way instructed. The Playbook will blink in red sequence. according the knowldge base, it means to low of charge. when will it stop doing this?
    07-04-13 02:48 AM
    [QUOTE=Q100;8758531]
    Thanks Everyone for the information, BUT the Playbook wasa gift from my sister. As in she used it for a month it died on her and she left it for a year, and gave it to me. She NEVER UPDATED, meaning it still sits at something previous to os1.5.

Well thats great and all but not the usual way to check if it's charging the battery.
    Since this is the case, stack charging won't solve the problem. I had a similar issue with a friend's PlayBook. Spent a few hours trying to stack charge with no success. Then, I decided to plug the PlayBook into my computer and using BlackBerry Desktop Software, performed a Reload of the OS. Boom!! The newest OS 2.1 was loaded onto the PlayBook and the charging started working. It's a fully functional PlayBook again. The PlayBook was running a pre 2.0 OS and that's why the stack charging wasn't working.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-04-13 07:10 AM
    This magnetic charger provides power directly to the battery.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Does it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-04-13 07:55 AM
32 12