Hello!
    I have a new blackberry playbook and i love it very much. But i have some problems and am hoping you will be able to help me.
    So my problem is that i have just transfered some pictures and videos and other files to my bbpb and if i look them up via the file organization app that i have the files are all there but when i try to do the same with the file manager it does not show any files at all!
    Also i would like to know if there is an app that would let me watch all the photos in one folder. Like for example irfan view on a computer. So i don't have to select them one after another, look at one picture and go back to select the next but simply rather select the first picture and then swipe to see the next.
    Thank you in advance. I appreciate your help!
    11-29-13 08:12 PM
    Hmm that seems odd. Hope someone else can fill in the gap to help you out with the files not showing up in the File Manager.

I have Stuff downloaded (it's a paid app) and works great and you can access DropBox using that app. I think it's well worth the money.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 09:06 PM
    Files and Folders ($2.99) is a complete file manager and has a slideshow feature. You can thumb through the pages( pictures) or set it for automatic slideshow. Ghost Commander is an android file manager which is available free in BB world. It is useful particularly with Android apps.
    11-30-13 12:10 AM
    Hello!
    I have a new blackberry playbook and i love it very much. But i have some problems and am hoping you will be able to help me.
    So my problem is that i have just transfered some pictures and videos and other files to my bbpb and if i look them up via the file organization app that i have the files are all there but when i try to do the same with the file manager it does not show any files at all!
    Also i would like to know if there is an app that would let me watch all the photos in one folder. Like for example irfan view on a computer. So i don't have to select them one after another, look at one picture and go back to select the next but simply rather select the first picture and then swipe to see the next.
    Under the Photos folder you can create other folders such as MyBirthday or Summer2013, etc. And place all related pictures into each one. Then open the Pictures app and those folders will be shown as ALBUMS. You can then swipe left/right to move forward or backward. You can also zoom (pinch/zoom) or double-tap.
    11-30-13 12:29 AM
    I've noticed that the native File Manager is flaky as well. The Pictures, Videos, and Music icons don't reflect what is shown in the File Manager. I've downloaded alot of videos from the sale and they show up in the videos icon but not in the videos section of the File Manager. I just use Ghost Commander.
    11-30-13 09:33 AM
    Hello!
    I am now confused? The pb pictures app searches all the pb and displays all pictures in albums? That's your first problem solved!

Secondly yes the pb file manager is useless and is just there to provide users with a nice icon to use and to take up valuable storage space.

If you are comfortable playing with files and directories then you have two excellent apps to choose from, files & folders and ghost commander. Both available from bb world but be aware!!!!!!!!!!!! The pb has the most disjointed file structure it has ever been my displeasure to look at.

Try to imagine a very very bad coder being out on a drinking spree for three days and consuming vast amounts of pasta and doughnuts and then vomiting? The resultant mess would be equivalent to the pb file structure. 98% redundant that looks like a complete mess ?
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    11-30-13 10:30 AM
    I am now confused? The pb pictures app searches all the pb and displays all pictures in albums? That's your first problem solved!

Secondly yes the pb file manager is useless and is just there to provide users with a nice icon to use and to take up valuable storage space.

If you are comfortable playing with files and directories then you have two excellent apps to choose from, files & folders and ghost commander. Both available from bb world but be aware!!!!!!!!!!!! The pb has the most disjointed file structure it has ever been my displeasure to look at.

Try to imagine a very very bad coder being out on a drinking spree for three days and consuming vast amounts of pasta and doughnuts and then vomiting? The resultant mess would be equivalent to the pb file structure. 98% redundant that looks like a complete mess ?
    Also, if you have alot of android stuff installed, you get a more complicated file structure and some apparent "duplication".
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-30-13 10:59 AM
    Also, if you have alot of android stuff installed, you get a more complicated file structure and some apparent "duplication".
    I'm beginning to think your android grape?
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    11-30-13 11:01 AM
    I'm beginning to think your android grape?
    Nope, my PB is pure BBRY. No grapes used at all.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-30-13 11:07 AM
    Nope, my PB is pure BBRY. No grapes used at all.
    You need to read the other thread? You are now a lowly Baron? Get yourself a Nokia phone and a kindle tablet. Stupid grape
    11-30-13 11:17 AM