Ok, so my Playbook's battery died and so i decided to give it some charge. After an hour later, i try to turn it on but nothing. So i decided to plug it into my computer and reinstall the OS. As i was doing it i get an error message.

There was an error updating your software.

Unspecified error encountered. [A:0x000000A2]
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-01-12 at 10:14 PM.
    09-01-12 10:06 PM
    When i charge it, i see a red battery symbol but keeps turning on and off.

Could it be a hardware issue?
    09-01-12 11:14 PM
    Did the batt die from just running out/not charging, or because of a failure of some sort?
    09-01-12 11:46 PM
    If the charging icon appears intermittently then it could be a bad contact or charger. Some folks have had to play with the folding legs on the charger.
    09-01-12 11:55 PM
    Did the batt die from just running out/not charging, or because of a failure of some sort?
    Yes, the battery died from running out/not charging.
    09-02-12 12:02 AM
    Yes, the battery died from running out/not charging.
    Try leaving it plugged in and left alone on the charger for at least an hour.
    Use a premium or rapid charger if you have one, if not just leave it plugged in for a couple of hours.
    09-02-12 12:19 AM
    Use a premium or rapid charger if you have one, if not just leave it plugged in for a couple of hours.
    +1 for rapid charger.
    09-02-12 04:46 AM
    I had the same problem and after trying many of the reset options with no luck, I had to RMA it. After calling RIM, I learned their is a battery bug in a certain firmware version and upgrading to the latest and greatest version corrects this issue. Unfortunately, you can't upgrade with a depleted battery. RIM exchanged my original unit so it must have been either to costly or time consuming to fix.
    09-02-12 09:44 AM
    I had the same problem and after trying many of the reset options with no luck, I had to RMA it. After calling RIM, I learned their is a battery bug in a certain firmware version and upgrading to the latest and greatest version corrects this issue. Unfortunately, you can't upgrade with a depleted battery. RIM exchanged my original unit so it must have been either to costly or time consuming to fix.
    Was yours under the 90 days warranty?

Mine finished but i still have the 1 year warranty.
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-02-12 at 10:22 AM.
    09-02-12 10:13 AM
    The problem is the Playbook keeps turning off when i turn it on.

When i plug it into my computer and let the BB Desktop software update the process but in the middle of the install process i get the error message "Unspecified error encountered. [A:0x000000A2]" Then my Playbook turns off after 1 red blink and 5 light green blinks.
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-02-12 at 10:24 AM.
    09-02-12 10:16 AM

When i plug it into my computer and let the BB Desktop software update the process but in the middle of the install process i get the error message "Unspecified error encountered. [A:0x000000A2]" Then my Playbook turns off after 1 red blink and 5 light green blinks.
    I had a similar problem and when it wouldn't charge at all after 48 hours, I called the 1-800#. After about 20 minutes of troubleshooting with them, they set up an RMA, and less than a week later, the replacement unit arrived. I bought my original unit in April, 2011, and this battery issue occurred in July, so apparently they are taking responsibility for whatever caused it.

FYI: I had installed the 2.0.1.668 OS update and was using the native email app. Now I'm back to .358 and no longer using the native email till they issue the next update.
    09-02-12 10:47 AM
    Great news!!!

My Playbook is charging again!!!

The light green led is blinking...which means it is charging right? right?

My Playbook is turning on now, yes!!!!!!

I'm stuck at "Battery Level Critically Low.....0%"
    Last edited by rupam95; 09-02-12 at 10:32 PM.
    09-02-12 10:08 PM
    Great news!!!

My Playbook is charging again!!!

The light green led is blinking...which means it is charging right? right?

My Playbook is turning on now, yes!!!!!!
    See.labour day has magic
    09-02-12 10:23 PM
    See.labour day has magic
    Indeed, lol.
    09-02-12 11:38 PM

Im having the exact same issue. Playbook died in class on Thursday, I have spending all my free time reading endless threads and forums trying everyone's witches brew to get this POS to turn back on.
    09-16-12 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD